• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hello,

I am intrigued with the VZ-24 The San Paulo uprising gun.. Would like to see some photos....

As each day goes by I appreciate the influence of the Czech firearms industry in history more & more.

Hey Indy

I'm getting close to the San Paulo Uprising rifle, the pile is getting smaller. I'm taking every gun down to the last screw, inspecting, cleaning, oiling the putting them back together.

Here's a picture showing some already completed and placed in the verticle racks, in their temporary home in the master bedroom. The other picture shows part of the remaining long guns in one closet, there's a few more in another then the handguns. The San Paulo Mauser is in this pile. Should be found before weeks end.

20190710_183626.jpg

20190710_183701.jpg

Attachments

• 20190710_183626.jpg
      20190710_183626.jpg
      491.8 KB · Views: 454
    • 20190710_183701.jpg
      20190710_183701.jpg
      689 KB · Views: 348

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey Indy

I'm getting close to the San Paulo Uprising rifle, the pile is getting smaller. I'm taking every gun down to the last screw, inspecting, cleaning, oiling the putting them back together.

Here's a picture showing some already completed and placed in the verticle racks, in their temporary home in the master bedroom. The other picture shows part of the remaining long guns in one closet, there's a few more in another then the handguns. The San Paulo Mauser is in this pile. Should be found before weeks end.

View attachment 74907

View attachment 74908

I never lost faith in you :) but pray tell what is the rifle?? Bayonet 1st (closest gun rack) 2nd to the Left..

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I never lost faith in you :) but pray tell what is the rifle?? Bayonet 1st (closest gun rack) 2nd to the Left..

That is an 1894 M91 Mosin Nagant Izhevsk receiver with a Finnish 1927 Tikkakoski stepped barrel, which is one of 3000. The stock is to the left of it. That rifle is being saved for last as the barrel is going to get an oil bath for a few days.

The lock ring bayonet is refusing to move at this time, so figured an extended oiling should work, if not I'll take the heat gun to it next.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ahhh the old they go together trick :) .... well that explains the Bolt laying out and the exceptional short barrel of the Fin, 1st gun on the right... Gee color me red faced.. For a few moments I was hoping for a British Home Guard Pike

Last edited:

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ahhh the old they go together trick :) .... well that explains the Bolt laying out and the exceptional short barrel of the Fin, 1st gun on the right... Gee color me red faced.. For a few moments I was hoping for a British Home Guard Pike

LOL

The first gun on the right on the closest rack is a 1944 Nagoya Arsenal Type 99 Arisaka.

These two racks will be full by tomorrow. Plus there are enough rifles to fill up another 11 position rack and the need for a 4th one. As there are currently 35 long guns in the house.

Sad part is one of the racks was destroyed so, I'll have to make two more, one to replace the destroyed one and new one to expand into, just to hold what is here currently.

Last edited:

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    LOL

The first gun on the right on the closest rack is a 1944 Nagoya Arsenal Type 99 Arisaka.

These two racks will be full by tomorrow. Plus there are enough rifles to fill up another 11 position rack and the need for a 4th one. As there are currently 35 long guns in the house.

Sad part is one of the racks was destroyed so, I'll have to make two more, one to replace the destroyed one and new one to expand into, just to hold what is here currently.

Opps I gots my rights and lefts messed up, I meant the Short Finn on the left..

Hey not to interfere with yours rifle racks.. Ever consider using that rifle rod storage
    system for storage.. You can pack in alot and its flexible to allow you place scoped rifles and smaller sized rifles in just the space they need..

You place the back row of guns close together, The 2nd level, place between the 1st guns, Repeat with third..

An added advantage is you can turn the guns so the receivers face out, easier to spot the gun you want.. You may have to add a ledge on the floor so each row can lean back a little.. You may have to move about 6 guns to get one in the back.

Also you can customize your set up to accommodate scopes and really big crew served weapons. and not loose space

Now if you buy those rods they are like 3 bucks each, but you can make really nice ones for under 1 dollar each.. Now when you get to 300 guns, you will have saved enough for a new gun..

Attachments

• Gun-storage-racks-rifle-rods_grande.jpg
      Gun-storage-racks-rifle-rods_grande.jpg
      57 KB · Views: 357
    Last edited:

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Opps I gots my rights and lefts messed up, I meant the Short Finn on the left..

Hey not to interfere with yours rifle racks.. Ever consider using that rifle rod storage
    system for storage.. You can pack in alot and its flexible to allow you place scoped rifles and smaller sized rifles in just the space they need..

You place the back row of guns close together, The 2nd level, place between the 1st guns, Repeat with third..

An added advantage is you can turn the guns so the receivers face out, easier to spot the gun you want.. You may have to add a ledge on the floor so each row can lean back a little.. You may have to move about 6 guns to get one in the back.

Also you can customize your set up to accommodate scopes and really big crew served weapons. and not loose space

Now if you buy those rods they are like 3 bucks each, but you can make really nice ones for under 1 dollar each.. Now when you get to 300 guns, you will have saved enough for a new gun..

We'll be building custom gun cabinets, hopefully by this time this year. We're going to convert the garage into the office/gunroom/militaria display room. Wife has already come up with a few designs for them. She loves doing wood work and I just sit back and let her go to town.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I'm getting there Indy, it must be on the bottom of the pile.

20190718_170211.jpg

20190718_170204.jpg

Attachments

• 20190718_170211.jpg
      20190718_170211.jpg
      522.5 KB · Views: 377
    • 20190718_170204.jpg
      20190718_170204.jpg
      665.4 KB · Views: 362

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well all I can say is do not stumble near those racks, yawser :)

And for Gods sake get that Finn put back together.. its plays with my mind

Yeah the pointy things without scabbards (IE Russian rifles) are in the back. The Mausers etc that have scabbards or rifles with no bayonet at present are in the front.

Yeah the Finn is being a pain, still can't get the bayonet to move, sprayed it with PB Blaster a bit ago. Figured I'd let it soak for a while then and hit it with the heat gun. If it still doesn't move. I'll finish cleaning it and put her back together.

Last edited:

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Those Russian Bayonets can be a pain of they get stuck on.. HAve you tried placing a brass rod on the base of the bayonet and do some hits with a hammer...??? That has worked for me.. and the brass will not mar things. I have seen people heat up the bayonet with a hair dryer before doing the hammer beating.

Supposedly in the war those Rooskies keep their bayonets on 24/7 because the barrel harmonics was different when you take the bayonet of.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Those Russian Bayonets can be a pain of they get stuck on.. HAve you tried placing a brass rod on the base of the bayonet and do some hits with a hammer...??? That has worked for me.. and the brass will not mar things. I have seen people heat up the bayonet with a hair dryer before doing the hammer beating.

Supposedly in the war those Rooskies keep their bayonets on 24/7 because the barrel harmonics was different when you take the bayonet of.

Found it, I'll try and get some pictures of it tomorrow after I'm done cleaning her.

The stuck bayonet is a lockring version, since this is a M91, broke the lockring trying to get the bayonet off. I've used a block of oak and mallet to try and break it loose with no luck. The barrel is stepped right at the muzzle end to allow use of a bayonet.

20190710_200019.jpg

Attachments

• 20190710_200019.jpg
      20190710_200019.jpg
      424.2 KB · Views: 229

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After the oil bath, the wife will heat it up with a heat gun, and I'll whack it with the mallet. Hopefully it will work, I'll work the inside of the bayonet sleeve afterwards to prevent it from reoccurring.

Last edited:

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well its driving me nuts, when I see stuck items like this makes me want to get my hammer out, the heck with finesse :)

Last edited:

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd just shoot a round and see if it breaks the corrosion bond on a barrel.

You know someone recommended this.. but I wonder if you heat up the barrel with the bayonet being cooler could that not aggravate the situation??? But a round or two would not be a bad idea..

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Put the rear of the bayonet "L" (below mount point) against a firm surface (behind it). Have the Mrs support the rifle, use a hockey puck (dense but non marring) or non brittle plastic against the muzzle and thump it with increasing force until it gives way.

Top Bottom