• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TRY

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a Deathshead k98, mismatched #'s, has some pitting. Generally speaking, w/out seeing it, how much would it be worth. I know, it's a broad question, alot of variables. But if you could give me some idea, I'd appreciate it!

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    from a $1000 up to no telling what, assuming it is legit and not a forgery. There is an impressive amount of all kinds of SS forgeries floating around out there. I've messed with Mausers for 50 years and don't know if any of the few I've seen were authentic. I never heard of one back when Mausers could be had for $25-$30, it's only been in the last decade or so they started popping up. (with a big price tag) Which is why I don't have one. If you knew the history of the rifle that would help. They were issued to concentration camp guards so there couldn't be that many about. Sorry to be negative but you really need to find an expert to examine your rifle.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a Deathshead k98, mismatched #'s, has some pitting. Generally speaking, w/out seeing it, how much would it be worth. I know, it's a broad question, alot of variables. But if you could give me some idea, I'd appreciate it!

Post some photos, lets see what it looks like. Hey and how is it mismatched..

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Originally Posted by Roaster's Gallery View Post
    Someone asked the same exact question 10 years ago on another gun forum - then posted images a couple weeks ago. Here is the link:

https://forums.gunboards.com/showthr...thshead-mauser
    How the Hell do you guys find this stuff? 10 years back and a different forum, Columbo ain't got nothing over you![/QUOTE
    See discussion in the pistol forum. Mr. TRY was searching for something with an enticing name and likely hit that Death Head Mauser name and thought it to be a good gimmick and could use it as a gig to catch someone.

Last edited:

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks FS, I see that now but I'm still impressed you guys find them old posts on other forums. Some pretty good detective work in my opinion.

Top Bottom