• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TRY

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Your opinion please. I am looking for a quality full size pistol. This gun will live in the nightstand and must be good for defense. It will also be my primary semi for the range to plink and have fun with. Not needed for carry so I am thinking 5" bbl and 40 cal to stay ammo consistant with other auto's in the family. Not sure if I should stay away from external safties as it will be the primary home defense gun. Trigger pull on trigger safety vs. ext. safety? Thanks for your input.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    It really comes down to personal preference in the pistol. Glock, M&P, CZ, FNH, would be the front runners for me but that's due to my experience and my likes in a pistol.
    What experience do you with pistols? Have you shot ones with ext. safeties(thumb safety)? Any preference on trigger- SA, DA/SA, striker?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    When I think nightstand gun, I think full size, no safety, with a light. Glock 22 (since you want .40S&W) with the light of your choosing gets my vote. No frills, no flare, strictly business. Point and click.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Pompnewbie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You also mentioned other 40’s in the house so maybe consider if mags are interchangeable such as with glock 22/23/27

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'd go with the G35 . Adjustable night sights to zero to your load , rail for a light , better trigger , choice of back straps to fit your hand all for a few dollars more . No safety to worry about . Point & shoot . Gen 4 or newer . Can be found New for $ 600 if you look .

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    So what would this guy benefit by posting this? Obviously it's somehow tied to a scam I'm guessing?

Not certain - another post says he has a Mauser that collectors would be interested in.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So what would this guy benefit by posting this? Obviously it's somehow tied to a scam I'm guessing?

After a few of these threads, and they feel that they've established a foothold, they start "selling" things.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Should have known it was a fake account when they said they prefer .40S&W..... no real person likes that cartridge. Lol

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I don't understand
    I feel cheated...you asked us a detailed question and we poured our knowledge and feeling into a discussion only to find you're "asking around" in multiple forums. This is why I keep my feelings locked up...

*all this is satire of course*

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Originally Posted by John B. View Post

After a few of these threads, and they feel that they've established a foothold, they start "selling" things.
    One does have to be careful with forum and facebook contacts. A few years I got friendly with someone that was a police officer in Chicago. Turned out he was a police officer, but someone else in the Chicago PD let the forum owner know that this cop was a troll and agent for the antigun agenda of City of Chicago.
    Likely wants to strike up a friendship and try to get you on some gun related charge. If needed one could plant the gun. I do have relatives in Chicago and such was possible. When found out he was of course banned and the money he put forward to enroll in training classes refunded.

In this case Mr. TRY seems suspicious also whether he is a crook or an agent is not clear.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom