• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Good for them! To hell with the FUDDs running the NRA.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    source:
    https://www.secondamendmentdaily.co...9afdLCyw3QGCtQ1RZmvaqGZA9kUPuX5sdSaXyR-iGfDEw

LaPierre Gets a 57% Pay Raise from NRA for 2018

Wayne LaPierre should be nicknamed ‘Bulletproof Wayne.’

Calls for his resignation bounce off him like he’s wearing a Kevlar vest!

Tax filings released last week show that the Chief Executive of the NRA received his base salary of $1.3 million dollars for 2018.

That’s pretty much obscene, but that’s not all of it.

He also received a bonus of $455,000 and “other reportable compensation” of $427,000.

That’s kind of like when your Grandpa pays you a couple hundred bucks for helping him on the weekend. Except it’s nearly half a million dollars.

This corrupt fool is the reason I have stopped ALL NRA support

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Frank, I and probably most everybody else here sees your point and agree 100%. But, we have nobody else with as much clout as the NRA to represent us. The other guys may get there, eventually, but right now we really need some help from somewhere. I just hold my nose and drink the kool-ade and hope for the best.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well good luck with that as he steals it so the money does not got to helping our cause but I understand.
    When you give money to anyone, a large amount of it goes to over head like keeping the boss's wife and mistresses happy. No it is not right, but for the State of Florida where I live the NRA is active in Tallahassee with lawyers and with lobbying. I do not believe that the GOA is doing that much. Recently it was the NRA that along with the FL state Attorney to put forward requests to the supreme court not to allow the assault weapons ban amendment to get on the Ballot for 2020.

Yes I do not like like seeing uncle Wayne wasting our resources, but he still gets some results and does have Trump's ear. Wayne is not making that much more at best than is the case for executives at top financial organizations.
    I have not given any money for while. But I do need to start doing it again. It does get insulting relative to some of the appeals. They often on the phone want to play some nonsense from Uncle Wayne prior to asking for money. I use to tell look don't play that and I will send you some money, LOL.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I see that another rich _ _ _ _ by the Tom Steyer has crawled out the woodwork to run as the democraptic candidate.

This nonsense at the house impeachment hearings is not doing Trump any good either. Most proTrump people are sure he will win.
    2020 elections
    How Tom Steyer would tackle gun violence

The billionaire activist calls for universal background checks, enacting “red flag” laws, and banning assault weapons.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The following is breaking as of 2:35pm MDT on August 1st, 2019. It breaks my heart. Three of the four NRA Directors who called for an independent audit have resigned.
    http://www.savethe2a.org/breaking-n...pYKBqMqHr-APLU_uWS5Tqqm7K1LfHbSs0lgS-HQBek3bA

Remove the corrupt Wayne LaPierre! Demand it

The website you posted is about reforming the NRA. We need another Cincinnati.
    Reforming The NRA

We Need Change NOW!

Historically, the NRA has urged us all to look the other way whenever scandals came to light. It’s easy to ignore troubling reports from media outlets with obvious biases. However, recent scandals have come to light that are well-sourced, well documented, and much less easily dismissed. Some of the most damning revelations have emerged in plain sight for NRA members to witness first-hand, so there’s no more room to blame the media. This is why we decided to stop ignoring these problems and demand change.
    You Be The Judge
    Given the sheer volume of information swirling around, we have compiled some of the information here for anyone who wishes to review it. Click the links below to learn more about what prompted Save the Second to take action. Then you can judge for yourself what to believe or not.
    NRA General Documents

NRA Bylaws (2017)
    April 2019 Bylaw Amendment (changing BOD eligibility)
    NRA’s Conflict of Interest policy
    2019 Elections Committee report
    2019 Secretary’s report Item
    Anonymous post of “leaked” NRA correspondence and financial memos

NRA Suspensions/Resignations (2019)
    How is this to be done?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Here is what I believe. - - -> If the NRA gets really weak with this internal BULLSHIT,it will signal to the Dems/libs/gun grabbers that we gun owners,shooters,hunters CCW people,are weak and disorganized.
    They will attempt to take us apart. They will get stronger and keep introducing new laws that slowly tear apart our freedoms.
    Look closely what is happening with this impeachment bullshit. Don't we already know what the Dems/libs are capable of.
    If not the NRA,quickly join some pro gun group. But let's be realistic . . . how many GCGF members do not belong to any pro gun,shooting,hunting,CCW,group ?? Guessing . . UNFORTUNATELY . . 75-85%. --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sawman: you are right about most not doing anything to fight the gun grabbers and banners. If the other 75-85% would join something, if not the NRA, then the GOA or something sensible. I disagree with some of the militia events that have happened and I am not sure about if they are doing more harm then good. Although once antigun laws get passed there might be an adjustment of attitude.

I can live with the bump stock ban the NRA and others supported in an act of appeasement. It is like a sled being chased through the winter forest and throwing a passenger out to divert the wolves, but the wolves are still there waiting to feast again on our remaining rights. I see it as possible step on the slippery slope to ban semiauto weapons. What is the difference between a bump stock and an AK that bump fires a second round because it was not held tightly enough to ban any semiauto that can be possibly bumped fired from the hip. But so far the antigun forces simply want to ban semiautos outright and not get into technically based bans.
    I see as 50-50 whether we get an antigun president in 2020. I know many can not imagine Trump losing. If he loses and we have a dysfunctional NRA, it will be even a bigger disaster.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If you are pinning the future of the 2nd Amendment (and therefore the future of this Nation) on the NRA, then your outlook is already so far gone that you might as well give up. Likewise, if the enemies of the 2nd Amendment (and therefore the Nation) see the weakening of the NRA as a battle cry to go for it all, then great. May they all proudly wear the label of anti-2A. It will make future interactions all the more honest.

"Appeasement" is a losing strategy. Grab a history book. Make the proponents read it. If they still advocate for appeasement, then beat them with the book.

I'm not familiar with any "militia events". If they are protests with signs and bullhorns, hopefully the political audience gets the correct message. If they involve violence, hopefully it was justified self-defense.

The neutering of the 2nd Amendment is a virtual cliff in the dark: once you pass a certain point, all of a sudden everything gets really bad, really quick. As Citizens, our job is to remind the politicians to do what's right. Warn them of the cliff. Avoid it.

Fight your battles as you see fit. I support the NRA and the GOA, but I have realistic expectations of the services they provide. They are not a substitute for civic involvement.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Snake eyes: I am not aware of the militia types doing anything publicly currently in my area. But we have one member that was recently providing body guard services for Rep Gaetz after he got milkshaked. Mr. Ross is running for public office for the board of county commissioners in Pace, FL santa rosa county and I will likely vote for him as I would for any other strong candidate with a chance of beating the current BOCC member from my district that is doing great harm in my opinion.
    Ross's militia ties are being used against him. He was unwise enough in 2014 to let a picture of him get out on the net that is being circulated among potential voters with the object of stopping the local antigun people voting for him.
    The picture that is being circulated is below. We have extreme democrats in the area also. Apparently local democrats have tried to disrupt meetings by conservative republicans at Grove Ts and so they enacted restrictions against non-members speaking at their meeting if I got it right.
    Mr Ross's unwise photo that is said to be him.

Ross Militia RetUSNavyChiefMilitiaMobilizationAcrossTheNationUnderWay.jpg
    Conversation from nextdoor
    Be careful when selecting new commissioners. This guy is running in our district.
    http://patriotsforamerica.ning.com/m/photo?id=2734278:Photo:641598
    Pro statement
    It looks like a 007 costume. There's nothing wrong with Goeff Ross and I'm voting for him.

Attachments

• Ross Militia RetUSNavyChiefMilitiaMobilizationAcrossTheNationUnderWay.jpg
      Ross Militia RetUSNavyChiefMilitiaMobilizationAcrossTheNationUnderWay.jpg
      25.8 KB · Views: 106
    Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ross is a fudd. Change my mind.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You could be right. But the guy he is running against in my opinion must be voted out and it would be hard to get anyone in there that could be worst assuming they are honest. Literally a good candidate could beat him on a laundry ticket quoting laguardia.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don’t re-elected anyone, they’ve had their chance and haven’t accomplish much. It’s time to try someone else.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don’t re-elected anyone, they’ve had their chance and haven’t accomplish much. It’s time to try someone else.
    The current BOCC has accomplished a lot of very badly planned projects without infrastructure. The latest is permitting the building of houses about a forgotten county landfill that got sold for residential building without a proper environmental assessment.
    Later on, we the tax payers may have to pay for that mistake. It just goes on and on with this of so and so's.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom