• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    https://www.centerfiresystems.com/p-11193-ifc-410-aru-ar-15-upper-receiver-with-aluminum-rail-front-rear-flip-up-sights-and-1-magazine.aspx

Anyone here have any experience with one of these? I plan on doing a pistol build with it. Virgin pistol/other lower, pistol brace, and probably cut the barrel down to make the gun OAL of around 27" to be safe. Just curious if anyone has had any experience with the upper itself or know of any issues it may have. I think the mags and feeding will be the only problems that may arise. I'll also be looking at threading the barrel after cutting it to be able to add chokes. A .410 problem solver for home defense or a woods gun would be kinda neat. I'm looking forward to the build.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Interesting. If they made them for the AR10 receiver, then maybe it could be made as a 20 ga. I just do not think highly of the .410, especially for self defense.

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I was a bit turned off from the .410 until I started doing a little research on available ammo. I will always have old faithful by the bed, but this build would be a good closet gun just in case. I'm building it as a "because I can" gun. Here's a link to some .410 ammo that might change your mind though, https://www.hornady.com/ammunition/handgun/410-critical-defense-2-1-2#!/ .

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    ^^^ probably no difference ^^^ chopping the barrel down than buying/having the Shockwave, so long as you keep it within minimum oal.

*But I'd just buy the Judge, probably get the same results.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One would want some positive input from the ATF before cutting the barrel down to less than 18 inches.

Winchester advertises:
    000 Buckshot packs a real wallop!
    Key Features

Gauge: .410
    Shell Length: 3"
    Shot Size: 000 Buckshot
    Pellets per Shell: 5
    Muzzle Velocity: 1,135 F.P.S

I have seen on youtube videos that some factory .410 buckshot loads are about 900 fps compared to 1300 for 12 ga high velocity loads.

One can likely handload to higher velocity than factory in older single barrel break open guns. Such guns are almost impossible to blowup handling .454 casull even with a .387 inch choke. I would not try that with an AR upper, but could likely with brass cases load it a little hotter with an adjustable gas system.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Well . . . I would have to caution against putting a 60,000psi chambering into a 11,000 -15,000psi gun.
    BUT . . . to each their own. --- SAWMAN

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    The reviews of the product in the link provided by the OP were fairly positive. However, it also appears that an ability to diagnose, and correct, minor issues, would be beneficial.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Have massed with one of these. One of the problems found was feeding. found 410 shells length not to be consistent this caused a lot of feeding problems and was hard to load also . you had to get the shells all the same length. short. It was not worth the time and trouble. Just my 10 cents jj

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    ^^^ probably no difference ^^^ chopping the barrel down than buying/having the Shockwave, so long as you keep it within minimum oal.

*But I'd just buy the Judge, probably get the same results.

Yes, you are correct. This would fall under the "other firearm" definition by the ATF. I've looked into the legalities and it's perfectly fine. Just so long as it's put on a virgin lower meant for pistol, the OAL is 26" or more, and I don't put a shoulder stock on the end, it's perfectly legal. Barrel length doesn't matter as long as the OAL is kept in mind. As oneshot stated, there are known feed issues with certain types of ammo. The fix is to only use 2.5" shells with the mags. I'll keep ya'll updated on the build. I don't plan on throwing any type of hot loads into this thing. Just the usual factory ammo slugs or buckshot. Might see what the spread with some birdshot will do out of a barrel this short. I'll be doing some extensive research on distances and patterns. Hey oneshot, think you would be able to thread the barrel after I chop it so it will accept external chokes?

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well . . . I would have to caution against putting a 60,000psi chambering into a 11,000 -15,000psi gun.
    BUT . . . to each their own. --- SAWMAN[/QUOTE

It is surprising what some people can do with shotguns and not blow them up.

Cuban M16 by Che G. I think the 16 comes from 16 gauge, but I am guessing on that.

tumblr_oh9d383fpn1rwjpnyo2_500Cuban m16.png

Attachments

• tumblr_oh9d383fpn1rwjpnyo2_500Cuban m16.png
      tumblr_oh9d383fpn1rwjpnyo2_500Cuban m16.png
      43.7 KB · Views: 117

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I almost bought one a while back to do the same thing, make a sba3 brace shorter barrel .410 just because.... but they ran out of stock. I tried to find info on the web of those that may have done the same thing and couldnt find any info at all not even a video on youtube of one running with a shorter barrel, so I'm no longer interested unless someone does it first and finds it still can cycle reliable.

If you found any website links or video of this shorter configuration working please post.

Good luck and keep me posted.

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I almost bought one a while back to do the same thing, make a sba3 brace shorter barrel .410 just because.... but they ran out of stock. I tried to find info on the web of those that may have done the same thing and couldnt find any info at all not even a video on youtube of one running with a shorter barrel, so I'm no longer interested unless someone does it first and finds it still can cycle reliable.

If you found any website links or video of this shorter configuration working please post.

Good luck and keep me posted.

If you're thinking it could get undergassed, then I'd assume opening up the gas port a little with a drill would suffice. I'm going to build one. I have been in contact with the manufacturer and they're going to call me the second they have them in stock. I will let you know how it goes and functions once it's been sawed off.

Top Bottom