• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have a bunch of books that will go into the trash tomorrow. I would like for someone to have these before I say . . . "bub-by".
    Great book on knot tying.
    Blackpowder Shooters load book.
    Book on wolves.
    Big,thick,fix anything book.
    Animal tracking books.
    Etc,etc,etc.
    Also about 15 copies of the Varmint Hunters Association magazine. Great,thick,great colored mag for those that varmint hunt,call,reload for the varmint chamberings,and especially the precission shooter of normal and wildcat chamberings <.308". Outstanding ,informative articles on hunting,woodchuck,prairie dogs,coyotes,bobcat,crows,etc,etc. These used to be highly collectable. I would really like to see these mags go to a past member of the Varmint Hunters Association,if possible. Will hold these mags for you but not the rest. ALL in almost perfect shape. Some still in the plastic. ---- SAWMAN
    Gone/Trashed . . .

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Not sure . . . but with the internet,does anybody still go to the library ?? If they do,they most likely go there to use their internet. --- SAWMAN

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Just a thought since you have a deadline of tomorrow, and I have an aversion to seeing books get thrown away. Especially ones with good info.

Kind of the same lines of thinking why it's nice to actually print off and frame a photo, versus depending on a digital library and screen.
    Just me, I guess. Best of luck with the spring cleaning.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yeah,that knot tieing book is the best that I have ever seen. It has step by step instructions with great pics.
    Gettin' rid of my old Arsanel For Democracy book also. Explains and shows pics of all the great weapons . . . INCLUDING . . BIG BLU-82. Got some expierance with that one. Also Astrolite. Fun stuff. --- SAWMAN

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've tried to donate magazines ans soft cover books to Fl public Libraries, they only take Hard Cover books. Kids today probable don't have access to National Geographic. Lol

FelixH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Friends of the West Florida Public Libraries is a local non-profit that accepts donated books. They raise money to help fund the public libraries in Escambia County by selling the donated materials.

http://friendsofwfpl.org/

And yes, lots of folks still use the libraries.
    They still loan out tons of books, and the local libraries have a couple hundred computers that are heavily used by the public.
    Up until a couple months ago, I spent the last 18+ years working in the local public libraries.

Top Bottom