• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Try'n Hard

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks guys. I’ve changed my mind 59 times - Put my order in for the Glock 40 with the Leupold delta point yesterday.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Thanks guys. I’ve changed my mind 59 times - Put my order in for the Glock 40 with the Leupold delta point yesterday.

I think you'll like it better. 10mm is a great round and really fun to shoot, but shooting it out of a Glock is much more fun than a 1911, IMO.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    62ca496d81798a5cc91268a10aafc3d2.jpg

First 3 shots at 45 yds
    Co-witness of the iron sights is good idea if the gun is intended for self-defense against a rapidly moving target. Two reasons. It is a backup if your red dot sight quits and it also helps with rapid acquisition of the red dot.
    If the gun is a range toy and perhaps used for plinking the suppressor ht sights are not necessary.
    hCb87yF Co-witness.jpg

Attachments

• hCb87yF Co-witness.jpg
      hCb87yF Co-witness.jpg
      88.3 KB · Views: 110

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Been really,REALLY!,tempted to go to the 40 vs my 20. But I like the green laser vs the red dot for older eyes.
    IMO sight in zero at 15 or 25yds. (Check the ballistic charts) But at the intended ranges (unless a given like from shooting house or ladder stand to feeder) the bullet will still be PBR for your ranges and intended target animals. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

Light82

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For you guys that run your G20 as secondary in the woods, what holsters are you using? I’m currently using a serpa so I know it won’t fall out if I’m in my stand, but I would like to add a green dot to it. Fairly sure serpa doesn’t support 20 with laser. Any recommendations?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My 20 is primary when carried so it is carried in a chest rig. There is a place for an extra mag also.
    Up high does several things for you. It makes the weapon less susceptible to moisture,either splashed up by your boots,or dragged off the taller brush/grass. It is also more accessible and faster to deploy. It is normally snapped closed but when you are in the stalking mode it is unsnapped and pulled up slightly in the rig to added speed and quietness.
    Whatever you choose to get,make sure you consider the quietness factor. Your carry gear has to be COMPLETELY silent. The typical is . . . you hear him,and/or see him . . . he hears,sees,and /or smells you . . . he is making his final decission to run or charge . . . you have about 5 seconds to deploy and take an aimed shot. A dominant boar hog does not consider you food . . . however he does consider you a rival if there is a sow in estrus nearby or he has been tracking one.
    Sitting a ladder stand or in a chair in a ground blind,or from a boat,a chest rig is mo- bedda. ---- SAWMAN

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If stalking, always shoot hogs when you are near a tree that you can quickly climb into.
    Believe that! :) Saved my biscuits a few times!

or just get one of these treestands...

Attachments

• hot tub.jpg
      hot tub.jpg
      13.8 KB · Views: 60
    Top Bottom