• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtbbrewer74

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have my 22 suppressor on order and am looking into my next one. I know it will be a long time before I can actually take possession, so in the next month or so I plan to start the process of my next one.
    Any suggestions on a suppressor that will work well on a 45acp and 9mm? I also would like it to allow me to use iron sights.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I have my 22 suppressor on order and am looking into my next one. I know it will be a long time before I can actually take possession, so in the next month or so I plan to start the process of my next one.
    Any suggestions on a suppressor that will work well on a 45acp and 9mm? I also would like it to allow me to use iron sights.

You'll most likely need the "suppressor" height sights. The assymetric options out there are still high enough to block the sights some. It's going to depend on the gun/sight/can combination though. I've not tried some of the latest modular ones (odessa). They're long and skinny so that may be a better option if you're concerned about sights.You'll need a 45 can. There's some modular options tha will allow you to maintain the smaller 9mm foot print but add the module for better 45 suppression. silencershop.com is a great jumping off point. Weight for a pistol can on a pistol is going to be a bigger issue than a 22 can. All the same stuff still applies from the 22 (suppression, durability, size, weight, customer support, accessories) but you're going to see a couple to several hundred dollars bump in price from the 22can. Cans on a handgun are fun but cumbersome. I'd look more at something for a PCC in order to get the most "fun" out of it.

All your major manufacturers are going to offer solid options. Pick your poison. As with the 22 cans, some good deals can be found on "old" models if you don't have to have the latest hotness.

I've got an octane, omega and an old Tirant you can try next time you're at the trailer.

Last edited:

mtbbrewer74

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Been looking hard at the new model ruger pc9 with the Parker Mountain handguard... check it out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Looks pretty good with that handguard.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    You'll most likely need the "suppressor" height sights. The assymetric options out there are still high enough to block the sights some. It's going to depend on the gun/sight/can combination though. I've not tried some of the latest modular ones (odessa). They're long and skinny so that may be a better option if you're concerned about sights.You'll need a 45 can. There's some modular options tha will allow you to maintain the smaller 9mm foot print but add the module for better 45 suppression. silencershop.com is a great jumping off point. Weight for a pistol can on a pistol is going to be a bigger issue than a 22 can. All the same stuff still applies from the 22 (suppression, durability, size, weight, customer support, accessories) but you're going to see a couple to several hundred dollars bump in price from the 22can. Cans on a handgun are fun but cumbersome. I'd look more at something for a PCC in order to get the most "fun" out of it.

All your major manufacturers are going to offer solid options. Pick your poison. As with the 22 cans, some good deals can be found on "old" models if you don't have to have the latest hotness.

I've got an octane, omega and an old Tirant you can try next time you're at the trailer.

True, even with Ghost Ring night sights my Octane blocks the sights. Another solution on a pistol or PCC without suppressor height sights is to mount a red dot, like my HOLOSUN solar models. Even has some IR compatible settings.

Ruger 22-45 Final.jpg

Attachments

• Ruger 22-45 Final.jpg
      Ruger 22-45 Final.jpg
      118.7 KB · Views: 355

Latest posts

Top Bottom