Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    12 GA mtbbrewer74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Milton
    Posts
    717

    My next Suppressor?

    I have my 22 suppressor on order and am looking into my next one. I know it will be a long time before I can actually take possession, so in the next month or so I plan to start the process of my next one.
    Any suggestions on a suppressor that will work well on a 45acp and 9mm? I also would like it to allow me to use iron sights.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk


  2. #2
    Local Dealer Little Jack's Guns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Milton
    Posts
    3,507
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbbrewer74 View Post
    I have my 22 suppressor on order and am looking into my next one. I know it will be a long time before I can actually take possession, so in the next month or so I plan to start the process of my next one.
    Any suggestions on a suppressor that will work well on a 45acp and 9mm? I also would like it to allow me to use iron sights.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    You'll most likely need the "suppressor" height sights. The assymetric options out there are still high enough to block the sights some. It's going to depend on the gun/sight/can combination though. I've not tried some of the latest modular ones (odessa). They're long and skinny so that may be a better option if you're concerned about sights.You'll need a 45 can. There's some modular options tha will allow you to maintain the smaller 9mm foot print but add the module for better 45 suppression. silencershop.com is a great jumping off point. Weight for a pistol can on a pistol is going to be a bigger issue than a 22 can. All the same stuff still applies from the 22 (suppression, durability, size, weight, customer support, accessories) but you're going to see a couple to several hundred dollars bump in price from the 22can. Cans on a handgun are fun but cumbersome. I'd look more at something for a PCC in order to get the most "fun" out of it.

    All your major manufacturers are going to offer solid options. Pick your poison. As with the 22 cans, some good deals can be found on "old" models if you don't have to have the latest hotness.

    I've got an octane, omega and an old Tirant you can try next time you're at the trailer.
    Last edited by Little Jack's Guns; 04-14-2019 at 03:07 PM.
    Intentionally Left Blank.... Or is it?

  3. Likes Little Jack's Guns's Post:


  4. #3
    12 GA mtbbrewer74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Milton
    Posts
    717
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Jack's Guns View Post
    I'd look more at something for a PCC in order to get the most "fun" out of it.
    Oh crap now you got me looking at PCC's.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  5. #4
    50 CAL John B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,145
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbbrewer74 View Post
    Oh crap now you got me looking at PCC's.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Been looking hard at the new model ruger pc9 with the Parker Mountain handguard... check it out.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  6. #5
    12 GA mtbbrewer74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Milton
    Posts
    717
    Quote Originally Posted by John B. View Post
    Been looking hard at the new model ruger pc9 with the Parker Mountain handguard... check it out.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Looks pretty good with that handguard.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  7. #6
    50 CAL RackinRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Pensacola, west side.
    Posts
    1,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Jack's Guns View Post
    You'll most likely need the "suppressor" height sights. The assymetric options out there are still high enough to block the sights some. It's going to depend on the gun/sight/can combination though. I've not tried some of the latest modular ones (odessa). They're long and skinny so that may be a better option if you're concerned about sights.You'll need a 45 can. There's some modular options tha will allow you to maintain the smaller 9mm foot print but add the module for better 45 suppression. silencershop.com is a great jumping off point. Weight for a pistol can on a pistol is going to be a bigger issue than a 22 can. All the same stuff still applies from the 22 (suppression, durability, size, weight, customer support, accessories) but you're going to see a couple to several hundred dollars bump in price from the 22can. Cans on a handgun are fun but cumbersome. I'd look more at something for a PCC in order to get the most "fun" out of it.

    All your major manufacturers are going to offer solid options. Pick your poison. As with the 22 cans, some good deals can be found on "old" models if you don't have to have the latest hotness.

    I've got an octane, omega and an old Tirant you can try next time you're at the trailer.
    True, even with Ghost Ring night sights my Octane blocks the sights. Another solution on a pistol or PCC without suppressor height sights is to mount a red dot, like my HOLOSUN solar models. Even has some IR compatible settings.

    Name:  Ruger 22-45 Final.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  266.7 KB
    Peace Out

    FlFrayedKnot on boat and fishing forums.
    RackinRay on gun forums and motorcycle forums.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •