• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm liking the P365 more and more, but my Favorite shooter is my FNS-9, it's a sweet 9mm, to BIG to carry easily.

Attachments

• 0409191102.jpg
      0409191102.jpg
      679.3 KB · Views: 180

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shucks, if I can hide a Desert Eagle...you can hide an FNS-9 :)
    All depends on your body type, how you like to dress, and the holster you choose.
    Urban Carry II is one of the easiest ways to carry a large pistol well.
    Watch their vid!!

Jaxon1023

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have the same dilemma and I’m not all tactical and do all the tactical training but I did have some thoughts. I have a Gen 5 17 I carry if going in large crowded areas but more often I carry my 43X. Is it better to have one pistol for EDC and be very proficient with it or multiples? I want to get into shooting with a RDS and just worried about two different sight pictures between the 17 with a RDS and 43X with irons.

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I like to be very competent with all my weapons. You never know which will be closest when it really matters. In the summer months, I find myself with the ruger 380 LCP more than any other simply because if its size, but, now that I have the P365, that may be changing.... The SIG is just a little larger, but so much more.... IMO

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have the same dilemma and I’m not all tactical and do all the tactical training but I did have some thoughts. I have a Gen 5 17 I carry if going in large crowded areas but more often I carry my 43X. Is it better to have one pistol for EDC and be very proficient with it or multiples? I want to get into shooting with a RDS and just worried about two different sight pictures between the 17 with a RDS and 43X with irons.

Wouldn't sweat that much, once you have trained sufficiently, switching between sights styles isn't an issue. It becomes second nature. Back in the old days a fella might have to be proficient with a quickness with a variety of hardware...depends entirely on what is going down, what's lying on the field with ammo, and how fast you can grab it. How many groundpounders had to grab an AK in the sandbox when their M16/M4 gummed up? And ya know, Santa's got Gear for Christmas!

Anyway, good aiming is good aiming. Steady, smooth trigger pull.
    Be able to gauge distances so you know what range your target is at without a marker...that one takes some practice :)

Fastest way to improve with shooting is join up with a group, like IDPA, IPSC, GSSF, 3-gun, etc. It's just trigger time, trigger time, trigger time on a clock for score. Fun competition tho, folks love helping others out. but they'll also gig ya if you goof. Take it in the nature intended...the base meaning is to improve you as a shooter, altho some may use some interesting military jargon...LOL

Attachments

• Santa.png
      Santa.png
      229.7 KB · Views: 108
    Top Bottom