• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtbbrewer74

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I would go ahead and get multiple sets of fingerprints and passport photos for future purchases.

I try to buy an NFA item every 4-6 months if finances allows... that way you always have something to look forward to

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    That is kind of what I was thinking. I know when I finally get the suppressor I am not going want to wait long for the next one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

9mm

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dead air mask he is the one. Ammo makes no difference in a pistol, dead air is the king of quiet and no pop.

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you have access to a lathe and drill press or a machinist you can make one on a Form 1. I bought an old beat up Ruger 10/22 at a pawn shop, ported the barrel so I could use regular ammo in it (not subsonic), wrapped the barrel in aluminum air filter media, slid an aluminum tube over it with caps at each end, milled out the stocks barrel channel to fit the bigger barrel, and for the $200 tax stamp and about $10.00 in materials I have the quietest .22 I've ever heard. I would even say it was Hollywood quiet.

Attachments

• Ruger small.jpg
      Ruger small.jpg
      188.1 KB · Views: 335

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    If you have access to a lathe and drill press or a machinist you can make one on a Form 1. I bought an old beat up Ruger 10/22 at a pawn shop, ported the barrel so I could use regular ammo in it (not subsonic), wrapped the barrel in aluminum air filter media, slid an aluminum tube over it with caps at each end, milled out the stocks barrel channel to fit the bigger barrel, and for the $200 tax stamp and about $10.00 in materials I have the quietest .22 I've ever heard. I would even say it was Hollywood quiet.

NICE......................

veryvery NICE.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wonder how much does one gain from a silencer on a .22 when one can use
    When firing the new CCI Quiet-.22 from a 6-inch pistol barrel there is only 74 decibels of noise and from a standard rifle barrel there is only 68 decibels. Sep 8, 2014
    Not the same as a very quiet 10/22 with say the 60 grain subsonic aquila ammo, but will a squirrel ever know difference.

Top Bottom