Patriot Mobile

Question regarding NFA registration protects against AW Type Bans.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We've seen a Fed/State AWB before but they have had "Grandfathering" provisions. The Fed Bump Fire Device changed a legal accessory n a NFA restricted Machinegun without a Grandfathering Provision and mandated Devices be destroyed or surrendered to Gov Agencies. This was a Administrative "Change" that bypassed Congressional Authority (separate topic).

When you get approval and Tax Stamp, say you change a you Colt AR to a SBR. Per the NFA you or a Lic Mfg "manufactured" it to the NFA Registered configuration.

Question: In general, if a NEW AWB rolls out (without a Grandfathering Provision) which includes the oigional Colt AR: isn't the NOW NFA Colt "protected" from the Ban because it has legally been converted into another type firearm (SBR) per Fed Law? I think it would be protected unless the BAN was specifically expanded to include SBRs too.

I know it's trying to shield against an unknown, the NFA Registration route is a PITA and a little spendy but it has the potential for continued possession legality. Don't forget your life preserverrs on canoe trips. Lol

The DOJ power grab from BATFE Authority and OVERACH of DOJs Administrative Authority to change Congresses specific written intent is very concerning. That's amplified by Congresses inaction to address DOJs violation of Administration Rules. The presumption is Congress let it slide by so they didn't appear as if they opposed the Ban.
    What will the next "administrative Change" bring.

While I'm on a roll, Feds changed the NFA and once again, did not insert their "Long Held OPINION" regarding the installation of a forward vertical fore grip on a handgun makes it a AOW! Remains an ATF Letter not since 06 and not incorporated into ANY FED LAW.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Could be anything as long as it gets the gun grabbers/Constitutional Rights deniers a step closer to total civilian disarmament. We know what they have targeted in the past, they continue to push for Bans again. Aside from the frontal assault, they now push attacks against specific firearm possession, ownership, transfer, security, locations your rights a stripped away, what firearms you can't own, calibers you can't own, mags and types of cartridge bullet you can't have in public or own, purchase Age, restrictions from purchase of ammo from the Webb, additional penalty Taxes on firearms and Ammo, Rationing firearms and ammo, requiring permits to own/purchase/carry, mandating video surveillance in gun shops, ect..ect...

I don't know any other Right, that in order to Exercise it: we must bear so many additional burdens and fear the application of more and potentially the elimination of that Right!

That's why I'm wondering if NFA registration/classification affords protection. For instance, during the last Fed AWB; civilians could not buy a new AR from a FFL and only "Grandfathered" ARs circulated on the used market. During the AWB: could you buy a new Mfr NFA AR15 SBR?

SC-Texas

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The NFA did not get you around the 1994 assault weapon ban

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom