DK Firearms

End of the Trail Estate Planning for your guns, ammo and gear.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    My mind hurts just thinking about it!!!!!!!!!!

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What does it really matter who gets what? It's not like you're going to be there to see them smiling as the will is read, you'll be D-E-A-D... Seriously, have you ever seen where family members were really okay with what they got in a will or worse, without a will? Hell No, they're at each other throats and accusing the other of this and that regardless of your last wishes. They ain't never happy, period.
    But if you're planning on holding out to the very end, you might just give whomever the gps numbers where you buried everything that you wanted them to get. RIP

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    everything you own, will some day, belong to someone else,.

choose wisely, hope for the best...

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Had a estate lawyer tell us if you had them do it, all firearms would have to be logged in and logged out by an FFL dealer to the person receiving them firearms, paper trail , anything to this?

sjustice64

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Had a estate lawyer tell us if you had them do it, all firearms would have to be logged in and logged out by an FFL dealer to the person receiving them firearms, paper trail , anything to this?

absolutely false, at least in florida. maybe in commie states.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sjustice64

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A gun trust is an legal paper trail for all the firearms logged in and logged out by an FFL deal

absolutely false. a trust, in florida, allows those assets to pass to the heirs without probate, hence not subject to any claims of the estate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danwin22

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It’s all too complicated for my pretty little head so I’ve decided not to die.

I have two sons, one here in Florida and one in Mesa, AZ.

I’ll let my wife figure out who gets what.

I do keep receipts and S/N info so there is proof of ownership to get around future schemes by politicians to make you prove ownership.

I’m also thinking about making a list of all of my guns and get it notarized that they were in my possession on that date.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I appreciate all you with family that you can give your guns too. I am it, the sole surviving son, 70 this year and no one to pass things on to. SOOOO, I am selling everything to give the $$ to my wife to relocate to her kids....people are going to get some good deals I imagine but that is good for them!

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I appreciate all you with family that you can give your guns too. I am it, the sole surviving son, 70 this year and no one to pass things on to. SOOOO, I am selling everything to give the $$ to my wife to relocate to her kids....people are going to get some good deals I imagine but that is good for them!

We have witnessed you attempting to sell items ....... I hope your wife isn't depending on this very much. LOL Bless your heart.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

You can adopt me LOL!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well to adopt I have to consider how someone is going to provide for me and treat me while I age. For example, there are only 6 beers left in the fridge and my aged truck needs to be updated, just to start

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

So, when you Post the "Fire Sale" notices, we'll know the general direction you going? Lol

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As I age I am selling off what I can't, or assume I won't, use. Unless I go by surprise, I will give what I don't sell to friends/family that want them. If for some reason there might be anything left, I will use the last of my strength to cut them into unusable pieces before I'll let any form of government get their hands on them. That's pretty much the plan...

Top Bottom