5   0   0
    if he throws in the Red Label I'm in!

not intentionally ...unless of course you have thrown a few yourself

pretty sure I have in four years tossed a few out.:lol:

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I’ve only gotten banned from a forum one time. I can’t even remember the name of it, firearmsforum.com or something.
    The mods were several old farts that set themselves up as experts.
    They had a section called “Ask the experts” and people would ask the mods for values of their guns. These idiots didn’t have a clue. I held my tongue until they valued a guy’s mint Win 94 at $225 and couldn’t take it any longer.
    The experts didn’t like someone questioning their superior knowledge and I was gone.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I’ve only gotten banned from a forum one time. I can’t even remember the name of it, firearmsforum.com or something.
    The mods were several old farts that set themselves up as experts.
    They had a section called “Ask the experts” and people would ask the mods for values of their guns. These idiots didn’t have a clue. I held my tongue until they valued a guy’s mint Win 94 at $225 and couldn’t take it any longer.
    The experts didn’t like someone questioning their superior knowledge and I was gone.
    Was Sawman running that page?

(It's a joke...

Or is it?)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I got banned from Pfffffffttttt by . . . Uhhhhh . . . the super mod . . . his name is Splitass or something like that. Johns buddy I believe. It was way back when there was a big controversy as to start selling guns . . . or not.
    When they announced that they were going to allow gun sales,I posted that they should not start selling guns.
    Next morning,no explanation . . . GONE!!
    I cried for almost a week. But then,I was a new member over here . . . sooooooooo . . . --- SAWMAN

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I got banned from Pfffffffttttt by . . . Uhhhhh . . . the super mod . . . his name is Splitass or something like that. Johns buddy I believe. It was way back when there was a big controversy as to start selling guns . . . or not.
    When they announced that they were going to allow gun sales,I posted that they should not start selling guns.
    Next morning,no explanation . . . GONE!!
    I cried for almost a week. But then,I was a new member over here . . . sooooooooo . . . --- SAWMAN
    Lol. Splittine is a good guy, I don't think he banned you to my knowledge. That forum had gone through an ownership change and they cut the firearms group.... and thus this forum was created.... which works out because this forum is much more in depth to firearms. The other forum handles fishing and hunting much better anyways.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    If you talked to your friends over there,and me and Frank changed our screen name to Capt. something or another,do you think that we could sneek back in ?? --- SAWMAN

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Splittine “splitass” is a dick, he banned Frank from the PFF for comments he made about the PFF on here the GCGF. I had a few run ins with him myself over there, I haven’t been on the PFF in a year or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Here is my question? May I question the price in a P.M.? Is this a violation of the rule as well since it is not available for all to view? Some people really don’t know and it may be an honest mistake. I pull my values from Academy Outdoors website as I feel like they have pretty competitive prices and I try to always pull values from same source to keep things fair and uniform. (Obviously I devalue my used items from their new prices) Sure you can find it cheaper online but, I personally have never purchased a firearm online.... Am I missing out? I think most who have bought from me or traded with me believe I was fair but, Im here to learn from, teach, and fellowship with like minded people so let me know what you think?

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Here is my question? May I question the price in a P.M.? Is this a violation of the rule as well since it is not available for all to view? Some people really don’t know and it may be an honest mistake. I pull my values from Academy Outdoors website as I feel like they have pretty competitive prices and I try to always pull values from same source to keep things fair and uniform. (Obviously I devalue my used items from their new prices) Sure you can find it cheaper online but, I personally have never purchased a firearm online.... Am I missing out? I think most who have bought from me or traded with me believe I was fair but, Im here to learn from, teach, and fellowship with like minded people so let me know what you think?

Yes. You are missing out by not buying online. Not to say there aren't some good deals at the big box stores but there are consistently good deals online. Usually you can find free shipping. Get yourself a cheap transfer and you can avoid sales tax and most if not all markup. As a dealer(small time) there are numerous items that a customer can have delivered to me, pay the transfer and still get them less than I can. If you don't have to "have it now", the internet will provide.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Yes. You are missing out by not buying online. Not to say there aren't some good deals at the big box stores but there are consistently good deals online. Usually you can find free shipping. Get yourself a cheap transfer and you can avoid sales tax and most if not all markup. As a dealer(small time) there are numerous items that a customer can have delivered to me, pay the transfer and still get them less than I can. If you don't have to "have it now", the internet will provide.

You are such a great guy Nate. I was going to ask someone to price me some 1st gen Colt SAA pistols, pre-64 Winchesters, and pre-safety Marlin 1894C rifles on the Academy Outdoors website.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Ok jims charges 50 for transfer what are some cheaper options if any? Thanks for help by the way . Im also interested in getting ffl for home based shop. maybe 50 transfers a year. is this a realistic goal?most people at shops tell me to forget about it but, sounds like you may have done it... thanks again

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    https://www.gulfcoastgunforum.com/s...L-List-and-Contact-Info-For-Private-Transfers

That list needs some updating but it's a jumping off point. I'm $20 for up to 3 then $5 extra after that. My shop isn't as convenient for me as it used to be. Nick at Title II in GB is $20

I'd check your zoning then, if it applies, your HOA covenants. I've also heard Escambia is more restrictive on home based businesses than Santa Rosa but can't verify. If all those are good then the License process is relatively easy. There's very little cost associated with it. The paperwork is fairly straight forward. You can do as much or little business as you want. I've done as little as 10 transfers and as many as 50 transfers/sales in a month.

Besides the zoning rules, don't forget about taxes, business liscenses, local ordinance/laws for guns etc.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    https://www.gulfcoastgunforum.com/s...L-List-and-Contact-Info-For-Private-Transfers

That list needs some updating but it's a jumping off point. I'm $20 for up to 3 then $5 extra after that. My shop isn't as convenient for me as it used to be. Nick at Title II in GB is $20

I'd check your zoning then, if it applies, your HOA covenants. I've also heard Escambia is more restrictive on home based businesses than Santa Rosa but can't verify. If all those are good then the License process is relatively easy. There's very little cost associated with it. The paperwork is fairly straight forward. You can do as much or little business as you want. I've done as little as 10 transfers and as many as 50 transfers/sales in a month.

Besides the zoning rules, don't forget about taxes, business liscenses, local ordinance/laws for guns etc.
    I've been kicking around the idea of doing it as well, mainly to acquire some post 86 full autos, but I live just a few miles from Nick si I just shoot his stuff, lol.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I usually do my dickering in person, or by pm..

Top Bottom