• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Hopefully this doesn't get me banned again, but I got banned last week.

I was in pretty clear violation of rule #9
    "9. If you are not comfortable with the asking price, or disagree with the value of an item offered, look elsewhere. It is not appropriate for any member to tell the original poster that the item is available for less, or isn't worth the asking price. It is also not appropriate to publish links to other products, negative reviews, or comments that in any way could impede the sale of an item."
    As I questioned the contents of a lot of ammo that was posted for sale for 167% more than the average retail value... my question was answered with an insult (probably deserved it, my mother wouldn't approve of me breaking the rules) and the ammo subsequently sold. A bit later, a thread was started, a personal attack, putting my character in to question, in the buyer/seller reviews section... this carried on for the majority of the day until the thread was locked by the OP, yet stayed on the board until 4 DAYS LATER when I was subsequently banned, and I assume the thread was deleted.

I'm not mad about the banning, as I said, I clearly broke the rules. I am posting this to serve as a warning to other members. This is clearly a zero tolerance rule. If you see any item and question the price (even if you think it's gouging) , don't say anything, because all you'll get is a smartass reply, a thread putting your character in to question, and at some point you'll receive the ban hammer.

It's nice to be back.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nothing in life is free, there is always a price to pay. The only variable is who pays, and how they pay.

Try'n Hard

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Best to keep your head down over here. Congrats on the ban, I got banned on crappie.com for questioning the sexual orientation of a fish. Beat that!

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Best to keep your head down over here. Congrats on the ban, I got banned on crappie.com for questioning the sexual orientation of a fish. Beat that!

I got banned fro Georgia Outdoor Network when another member asked about the content of a game cam pic.... I responded it was a chupacabra and was banned for a week or so. Rules stated there was no joking!!! REALLY??? When I came back, I let the idiots have it and never went back...

I've had issues with a few folks on here including mods, but no worries!!! I ain't been banned yet.... YET!!!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    You most likely do not want to hear what I have to say about this,so I will not post that.
    Instead,I will just say that I hope the mods treat everyone equally. Me,you,everybody.
    Nuff . . . --- SAWMAN

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    You most likely do not want to hear what I have to say about this,so I will not post that.
    Instead,I will just say that I hope the mods treat everyone equally. Me,you,everybody.
    Nuff . . . --- SAWMAN
    I value your opinion more than you think. Lol.

Fire away

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for mentioning that rule so that I do not violate it. I noticed the same about some ammo that was for sale. As a result I will not spend too much time looking at for sale items here. At a recent Milton gunshow I saw visibly old boxes of .22 lr for a lot more than it was a little down the road at warmarts and walked on without saying a word.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got banned once for making fun of Frank’s $2800 Frankenstein AR15 Spc II in the for sale section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dude

I did that once.. on a keltec sub 2000 glcok 19 version. Guy was asking MORE ,,by almost 100 dollars ,, than could be bought online..

I was warned...

Thought I was enlightening the man that his price was unrealistic... THIS IS A NONO... I understand why.

Glad your back...

and DITTO..

SAWMAN FIRE AWAY....LOL

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    is having gotten banned from a forum a badge of honor or something? to be honest, I don't remember 1/2 the rules, I just mind my own business, or use the PM function...

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What fun is that^^^^^^^^? Seriously John was right about that ammunition, but he broke the ninth rule and payed the price for doing so. That said I’d buy or sale from him with out batting an eye. The other guy in that altercation, I wouldn’t trust at all. I guess you could say John took one for the team.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I think it's ironic that people can be banned for calling out someone trying to rip people off. During Hurricanes companies can be charged with a crime for price gouging and here we have a rule defending it, very ironic!

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Free market, capitalism and all that...

All I'm saying is, overcome your morals and resist saying anything otherwise you'll get the ban screen of death...
    e80e8d4eae67d89ac7c9c3030a731f35.jpg

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’m all for calling out price gougers and posting a link where you can buy it new cheaper to help those that don’t research prices before buying.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I once got banned from a forum while seeking information on turkish 8x57. I was following a google search and without knowing it or the rules ended on the for sale section where no discussion or informational questions were allowed. The ban for was months and I seldom frequent that forum if that is the way they want to be.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Is there a rule about posting another competing thread?

If it could be detrimental to the sale, then probably #9 and #10?

If an item is price gouged, there will be a huge number of views and few replies (mostly bumps).
    If an item is priced to low, it will either sell quick, or genuine questions regarding condition will be answered, therefore explaining the low price.

Either way, the market will regulate itself. Just ask direct questions and be nice.
    Yes: "To clarify, this is standard XM193 ammunition, correct?"
    Maybe: "Isn't this just XM193 ammo?"
    No: "If I can get XM193 ammo for 30cents/round, what makes this so special?"

Fine line. Whatever. John's still a good guy. He just forgot his filter for what we were all thinking...

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I’m all for calling out price gougers and posting a link where you can buy it new cheaper to help those that don’t research prices before buying.

Ditto

BUT IT WILL GET ONE BANNED...So I don't

That said.. I honestly Believe Most are Not gouging..

They just have no clue really

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    If it could be detrimental to the sale, then probably #9 and #10?

If an item is price gouged, there will be a huge number of views and few replies (mostly bumps).
    If an item is priced to low, it will either sell quick, or genuine questions regarding condition will be answered, therefore explaining the low price.

Either way, the market will regulate itself. Just ask direct questions and be nice.
    Yes: "To clarify, this is standard XM193 ammunition, correct?"
    Maybe: "Isn't this just XM193 ammo?"
    No: "If I can get XM193 ammo for 30cents/round, what makes this so special?"

Fine line. Whatever. John's still a good guy. He just forgot his filter for what we were all thinking...

The way I read 9 and 10 seems to indicate there's not a problem starting a new thread. You could post a link in a new thread in the "deals" or other appropriate section.

Members online

Top Bottom