• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryanmrusnak

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I purchased a new PSA AR-9 late last year and just got the chance to make it to the range yesterday. It cycled the first 31 round magazine fine but after loading the second magazine it began to "double fire" after a quick look over I deemed nothing wrong and continued firing only for it to do it again. The next time I pulled the trigger I held it down and then released it a few second later and it fired on the trigger reset. I did this for the rest of the magazine using it as essentially a binary trigger. My question is should I be concerned and have PSA look at and or replace the trigger parts or should I keep it as is?
    PSA AR9 GLOCK MAG RECIEVER

rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    It depends on your comfort level of replacing the FCG parts, but I would probably call up PSA and see what they think, they may have you ship it back to them at no cost to you. It sounds like something is off, the disconnector, disconnector spring, hammer...something. I wouldn't chance it being a part that is just out of spec and wearing out over time and you have a bigger problem on your hands.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I also feel it could be something with the disconnector or the surface on the hammer.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would call PSA, but often with ARs stronger springs in the trigger group will cure doubling assuming that the engagement surfaces are correct. Also make sure you hold the trigger firmly to get reset, that can sometimes help. I once took a training course with one of the moderators here and the tapco trigger on my ak would doubled when I shot it, but not when the instructor shot the same gun. It was my grip that was at fault. I cured it with a different tapco trigger group that had a slightly heavier pull. I changed out the OEM trigger group originally to make the gun compliant with ATF rulings for imported guns. It was the only time that I have ever had such a problem.

Top Bottom