• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Insightful article. Makes a lot of sense, unfortunately for many kids these days, though.

I know technology seems to offer more venues for "play", but it's not the same opportunities and lessons as mentioned in the article. The modern day tech is the wrong kind of "practice" for developing minds. The social aspect is all f'd up when immersed in digital "play".

Thanks for sharing that link.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    That is a good read! I will try to pick up where I left of later.
    People today socialize their dogs more than they do their children.

FelixH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Speaking of playing, here's something that stuck me yesterday. A cousin of mine happens to be ULTRA liberal... always looking for the next protest to attend or the next cause to support and, of course, she's of the opinion that we should have all of our guns taken away.
    I saw a post she made on FaceBook about taking her kids to some other kid's Fortnite video game party.
    Now, for those of you who don't know anything about video games, Fortnite is currently one of the biggest, most popular video games. In the game, players run through a cartoonish looking world gathering weapons and killing each other for no obvious reason, other than to gain points and such.
    The hypocracy of the situation floored me. How do ultra liberals (who most of this cousin's friends happen to be) think it's ok for their young kids to play countless hours of video games that involve pointless killing, yet scream to take away our rights every time someone is unjustly shot in the real world?

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the article, it's timely appearance could initiate some positive courses of action for my Son dealing with his Son. Sent him the Link this AM.

Top Bottom