• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Another one of those "take your AR15 fishing" days by Floridacarry.

A group of pro-Trump gun rights activists armed with assault rifles, fishing poles and good manners greeted travelers headed across the Royal Park Bridge towards the beach on Saturday.

“We want to show people we are law abiding citizens and we are not going to hurt anyone,” said Michael Taylor, wearing a Glock 23 handgun on his hip and Smith & Wesson MP 15-22 assault rifle across his chest.

Florida laws prohibit the open display of firearms. The law makes an exception for camping, fishing and hunting, which explained the unattended fishing poles lined up behind the six, heavily armed anglers. Noticeably missing: tackle boxes, bait and freshly caught fish.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/...19-03-29&utm_content=INKA_FWN&utm_term=032919

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One of these days some anti gun person or LE will video OC person from vehicle to fishing to vehicle and document who doesn't actually fish. There may be gray in the Law but "fishing" is an action and those that don't actually fish in any form: just carried sporting goods and illegally open carried firearm(s). IMHO

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    They're exercising a right. One useful purpose is to show that adults can be armed and not crazy criminals. The media only glorifies the active-shooter murderers, so I'm always happy to see a story about gun-owners that doesn't involve a criminal.

It has similar "hazards" as Open-Carry, sure.

Still, the more responsibly armed individuals, the better.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    YES, exercising their Rights to be OC armed to/from/while fishing (other exemptions also). IMHO packing an AR with 30 Round mags under the pretense of just going fishing, comes across like an in your face Gay Pride Parade with the abundance of magnum dildos, vagina costumes, BDSM wardrobe/equipment and banana hammocks. It's all messaging and like it or not it is what people see that influences them.

Some of the OC'ers had handguns. It is also understandable that those under 21 could be limited to a long gun. MY perception is some were just using the event as show and tell for multiple firearms topped of with an AR. Just another form of dildo in your face Parade that does absolutely nothing to attract favorable support from citizens that are not familiar with firearms and gun Laws. Messaging right, they will remember it when something is on the Ballot!

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I agree. If people keep abusing a right on a technicality, that right just might be taken away.
    Nobody likes “in your face” BS like this.
    There was a similar stunt at the Navarre Pier a few years ago.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    YES, exercising their Rights to be OC armed to/from/while fishing (other exemptions also). IMHO packing an AR with 30 Round mags under the pretense of just going fishing, comes across like an in your face Gay Pride Parade with the abundance of magnum dildos, vagina costumes, BDSM wardrobe/equipment and banana hammocks. It's all messaging and like it or not it is what people see that influences them.

Some of the OC'ers had handguns. It is also understandable that those under 21 could be limited to a long gun. MY perception is some were just using the event as show and tell for multiple firearms topped of with an AR. Just another form of dildo in your face Parade that does absolutely nothing to attract favorable support from citizens that are not familiar with firearms and gun Laws. Messaging right, they will remember it when something is on the Ballot!

And look where it's got them by being loud and in your face!!!! It's got them all kinds of laws in all kinds of states that recognize their right to marry etc... Being quiet gets no one anywhere! I'm sorry, but the time to sit back and watch everyone's rights disappear is over. It's who makes the most noise that get's the attention. TX got open carry after all their demonstrations! Get out there and stand up for your rights when you can. Or else watch them disappear.

FLCarry sets these events up fairly regularly and notifies LE usually ahead of time BTW!

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And look where it's got them by being loud and in your face!!!! It's got them all kinds of laws in all kinds of states that recognize their right to marry etc... Being quiet gets no one anywhere! I'm sorry, but the time to sit back and watch everyone's rights disappear is over. It's who makes the most noise that get's the attention. TX got open carry after all their demonstrations! Get out there and stand up for your rights when you can. Or else watch them disappear.

FLCarry sets these events up fairly regularly and notifies LE usually ahead of time BTW!
    California's modern trend to a lot antigun laws got going after the black panthers in the 60's went into public places bearing shoulder arms in CA and in other places. It was legal at the time and soon became illegal. A bunch of homos and its doing outlandish things does send the same threat to those in power as do people brandishing shoulder arms will do.

the-nra-supported-gun-control-when-the-black-panthers-had-the-weaponss-featured-photo.jpg

Mar 22, 2018

The NRA Supported Gun Control When the Black Panthers Had the Weapons
    Back in the 1960s, even the NRA supported gun control to disarm the group.

Thad Morgan https://www.history.com/news/black-panthers-gun-control-nra-support-mulford-act

Attachments

• the-nra-supported-gun-control-when-the-black-panthers-had-the-weaponss-featured-photo.jpg
      the-nra-supported-gun-control-when-the-black-panthers-had-the-weaponss-featured-photo.jpg
      32.5 KB · Views: 206

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    So you contend that a peaceful gathering of law-abiding Citizens is likely to result in arguably-Unconstitutional legislation limiting the rights they were peacefully demonstrating? So therefore, don't rock the boat and draw attention?

They did NOTHING illegal. The only thing they were "guilty" of is possibly making some folks uncomfortable. That's called educating the ignorant. "Look at those people with guns; oh wait, none of us were spontaneously shot; I guess CNN & MSNBC lied to us; huh."

If peacefully exercising my rights is going to generate a problem, then let's get this dance started right now. I'm not gonna walk on eggshells because a flock of ignorant snowflakes have thin skin.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So you contend that a peaceful gathering of law-abiding Citizens is likely to result in arguably-Unconstitutional legislation limiting the rights they were peacefully demonstrating? So therefore, don't rock the boat and draw attention?

They did NOTHING illegal. The only thing they were "guilty" of is possibly making some folks uncomfortable. That's called educating the ignorant. "Look at those people with guns; oh wait, none of us were spontaneously shot; I guess CNN & MSNBC lied to us; huh."

If peacefully exercising my rights is going to generate a problem, then let's get this dance started right now. I'm not gonna walk on eggshells because a flock of ignorant snowflakes have thin skin.

Since it has happened in past, yes.

You say
    Then let's get this dance started right now.
    Exactly what the heck are talking about. Exactly what you mean about getting the dance started right now?
    Below is picture of people that relative to firearms were not doing anything illegal to the best of my knowledge
    Below is how well that they profited from getting the dance started in Waco, TX

what-happened-at-the-waco-siege.jpg

Attachments

• what-happened-at-the-waco-siege.jpg
      what-happened-at-the-waco-siege.jpg
      73.9 KB · Views: 150

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Isnt’ That where the ATF burned all those children and women to death ?

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    ..."the dance" of I exercise my rights and the snowflakes put their lunacy in writing with legislation, then there's the death by a thousand lawyers and lawsuits, and if everyone stays civil long enough, the BS legislation gets overturned.

As for the events in Waco, that's another topic.

My point is simple (to me): my rights are non-negotiable. If me going about my business peacefully "might" cause a problem, then it WILL cause a problem eventually (because I won't give up my rights to appease the weak), so let's cut to the chase.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pro gun control groups/politicians and anti gun voters don't give a damn if you exercise "allowed" 2A Rights.
    Not all gun owners support all types of firearms and that is a fact in our split community.
    Pro gun Voters that support any and all pro 2A and Pro gun issues are not a majority voting group in Fl.

People can simply imply "screw them" if they are uncomfortable with my public demonstration: exercising my 2A Rights. That's fine, its a common position.

Sooner or later those "uncomfortable people" that saw ARs carried in the streets under the umbrella of "fishing", combined with the adverse media coverage of ARs used by mass murderers: WILL HAVE several opportunities to address that uncomfortable feeling by signing petitions, by voting on anti gun Law Ballot Measures, supporting and voting for anti gun State Constitutional Ammendments, donating money to and voting for anti gun politicians. The undecided will vote in line with the "messaging" they have digested. Screw them? Looking at the numbers it will be the other way around IMHO.

How you "educate" the ill informed and undecided makes a difference on the end result. That's my point.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Agreed: educate the ignorant in a civilized manner. No problem.

I just don't find it necessary to coddle them. If the snowflake (du)masses are going to create fundamental problems and attacks on the survival of this Nation, then it would've happened whether we OC'd or not. So if it truly is "inevitable", then I'd rather still be around to help out:

IMG_1449.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1449.JPG
      IMG_1449.JPG
      154.8 KB · Views: 136

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Since CA knew "Jim Crow" type laws to keep blacks from OC would not pass legal review, they removed OC Rights from everyone. Again punishing/restricting all citizens for the actions of a few and in this case those actions weren't illegal, just "perceived" as hostile. If those actions were specifically threatening LE could have grounds for arrest.

The trend continues: actions of th few drive politicians to penalize and restrict the many!

Top Bottom