• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Remember they walk among us. Finished building a AR for a guy( not on the Form) Monday , He call me Tuesday, I asked how the Ar Was working < said it was shooting good but had one problem with it , the charging handle would not return all the time, He lives close by, so I told him to come over, When he got here I had him show me what the problem was, By the way I all ready know what was wrong, Just made him come over, In person. He pull the charging handle back and release it , and it did not go back in place, I removed the Mag. and hit the bolt release and it went back in place. Need I say any more. This suppose to be a retired army Green Bert. from the 60-70s and have had sever other AR.s in the past Just my 10cents jj

A buddy was at the GS this in Milton , had some 762-39 ammo for sale . Had some suppose Vet. V. come by and tell him how it was nice to have been able to shoot the 762-39 ammo in they M-16 and the VC couldn't shoot the M-16 ammo in the AK-47

DFSgunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I reckon some folks are just better at some things than others. Can't say I'd want to be on the firing line with them but I'm sure they know plenty of stuff that I don't so

Sent from my Z839 using Tapatalk

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lots of them , on the other hand I know quite a few men that never mention their service time.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    When I was working with the SOFSEALGRUGSG-123 TEAM Alfa flying around in black helicopters shooting our phased plasma rifles in the 40w range at zombie taliban... we never talked about our service.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Many,many, "expieranced" military type AR users do not know how to properly use a stripper clip guide.
    Many years ago,between training sessions,a couple guys (not Navy) would always take longer than the rest to prep for the next session. (12 X 20rd mags were required ) The instructors got pissed and after the guys 50 pushups we found out that they were bending down the ears of the clips and pushing out the rds with their thumb.
    Quite a few users have problems when it comes to adjusting the A1 or A2 type sights. --- SAWMAN

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not everyone should be able to buy a Charger/Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye, either ;)

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    When I was working with the SOFSEALGRUGSG-123 TEAM Alfa flying around in black helicopters shooting our phased plasma rifles in the 40w range at zombie taliban... we never talked about our service.

40w Phased Plasma? Zombie Taliban? Pfft. Our unit dropped on to LV-426 with the M56 smart gun and cleared out Hadley's Hope. Then we nuked it from orbit. :)

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I confess that it once took me an 1 hour to remove the slide from a Walter p22. We all have our moments:eek:hwell:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    For full disclosure: jj cuts cards using a 45LC (.452"). I cut cards with a 22LR (.223").
    So my shots are over twice as difficult as his. HA!! --- SAWMAN

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    OP, Could this have been a case of an older gentleman starting to lose the ability to think clearly? I only ask because I do know of several fine people, men and women, that were amazing at what they did in their prime but, now struggle to perform basic task. Dementia/All timers could be the cause if this is the case... Its easy for us to say they shouldn’t carry on with the things they can no longer do ( and they probably shouldn’t) but, they honestly feel like they can still do things they always have done... This may not be the case in this instance but, I see a lot of people on here commenting from their high horse, pointing a finger, laughing, mocking, Lets try to help others who struggle with firearms. Lets train them, pass on the knowledge that we have. If there are cases of stolen valor, lets not get mad and mock them. Lets pity them. There is something missing in their life that they are trying to fill. Lets show grace. One day we may need every willing man, woman, and child to stand together against a common foe and if that day comes I would rather know that I helped them become more proficient with their craft, confidant in themselves, and hopefully I was able to make a positive impact in their lives. Im not calling anyone out i just want everyone to think about what we do and say on here. Im guilty. Ive put my foot in my mouth on a few occasions. Lets all try to be better. This is an awesome forum but, sometime i still see it as a “good ole boys club” I am going to try to do my best from this day forward to not judge, and be neighborly to everyone I encounter on here and in my life in general. Sorry for the rant but, I felt compelled as i read through the comments. Everyone have a blessed day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I never ask about someones Military Service and am very private about mine though I sometimes reference places and things. My Family and friends (civ and mil) respect my boundaries as I do theirs. However, if someone joins our conversation or his B.S.is too loud to ignore: I'm going to ask for a little clarification. If it stinks worse, I will address it in a most direct and unsympathetic way. He can STFU and move away or preferable leave. If he fails to comply I will verbally ride his ass and bring waves of attention and embarrassment upon him.

I don't do it for myself. I don't really consider living Vets, Active or Retired military either. It's partly for those with War/Conflict injuries and diabilities but mostly for the Fallen and the MIA: they can not reclaim their histories or their gallantry. Many of the KIA don't even have much or any record of their last and greatest struggle. I'm not going to let some civ or REMF blow smoke up my ass while trying to impress others. Its not like self identifying your gender of the day or what race or ethnicity suits you for the form your filling out. These SV assbags aren't just misrepresenting themselves, they are routinely acting and talking and portraying the military inappropriately as they weave their Tale. It's a bad Package in total.

Stolen Valor is no longer a criminal offense since a Court said it was protected 1A speech and uniforms/decorations were an extention of that Right. I also have 1A Rights and damn sure I'm going to apply them. If they are confronted in front of others, they may not continue the SV B.S. and that may actually save them from a future beat down.

On a good note, I quit calling bragging draft dodgers F☆<king Cowards, other individuals had to carry their burden! Coward is sufficient since they were Pardoned.

Just another point of view and course of action.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Stolen valor,military past and present, our past military that have passed, let us remember them all.
    Do we all know the significance of yesterdays date ??
    I hope so. To those who deserve it . . . "WELCOME HOME" ---- SAWMAN

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    40w Phased Plasma? Zombie Taliban? Pfft. Our unit dropped on to LV-426 with the M56 smart gun and cleared out Hadley's Hope. Then we nuked it from orbit. :)

Just another corporate sponsored bug hunt anyways, makes you wonder which species is worse: they don’t fuck each other over percentage points.

Top Bottom