• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alchemist

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Project Appleseed Rifle Marksmanship Clinic - April 6/7 at ERGC

The Appleseed Program is designed to take you from simply being a rifle owner to being a true Rifleman. All throughout American history, the Rifleman has been defined as a marksman capable of hitting targets from 500 yards away! This 500-yard range is traditionally known as “the rifleman’s quarter-mile.” A rifleman can hit just about any target he can see.

Learn the “Six steps to firing the shot.” Learn correct firing positions and proper use of the sling. Hear some little-known Revolutionary War history and reaffirm your heritage. Become a more influential citizen and make America a better place.

Appleseed Attendees have said: “[spent] time doing something fun with my son… I am so proud of him!”
    “….had a terrific time with my wife and we are looking forward to our next Appleseed.”
    “…..received more quality instruction in two days than I’ve had in four years on active duty!”

Pre-registration Fees (per adult): $60 for one day or both days. Under 18, Active Military,Reserve, Guard, Peace Officers, Re-enactors in period dress and Elected Officials: $20 for one day or both days. This does not include range fees (18 or older) which are $10 for the event. Members of Escambia River Gun Club will pay a $5 range fee, but must show proof of membership at check-in.

Find us on the web at www.appleseedinfo.org for details or registration.

Or, Tim Frey via e-mail tim@rrbrokerageinc.com or call 850 478-5270

Pre-registration is highly recommended. Visit www.appleseedinfo.org

Attachments

• Project Appleseed Flyer 2019.pdf
      223.4 KB · Views: 343

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have been to two. Have my Rifleman's patch. Worth the money in my opinion. You learn to shoot from positions other than from behind a bench. Learn some history during the breaks. Good family outing.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Just curious; if this is a members only range, how is it used for paid courses open to the public?

Seems a conflict exist if a private club is to have open to the public pay for training courses, without the fees going to the club; and even then, it just seems to be a conflict with the concept of a private club range.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Appleseed is on a private range here this weekend too. The range member is a Board Member of Friends of NRA and runs the Appleseed Program at the range open to the public. What range can't afford to do that twice a year?

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I could be wrong but I seem to remember paying an extra fee that went to the range. To your question, it is a private club, they are in control so events happen with their approval.

Alchemist

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Appleseed is a non-profit, all volunteer organization. No one involved in the organization gets paid unless you count the appreciation of our participants for helping to improve their marksmanship and making them safer, more confident and better informed about our shared heritage.

ERGC receives a modest fee for the use of the range ($5-10 for adults) but likes Appleseed because it fits their purpose to provide a safe and friendly environment to shoot at. It matches up with their intended mission statement.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Appleseed is a non-profit, all volunteer organization. No one involved in the organization gets paid unless you count the appreciation of our participants for helping to improve their marksmanship and making them safer, more confident and better informed about our shared heritage.

ERGC receives a modest fee for the use of the range ($5-10 for adults) but likes Appleseed because it fits their purpose to provide a safe and friendly environment to shoot at. It matches up with their intended mission statement.

The standard guest fee at ERGC last I heard was $14 and the guest must with be a member. So 5-10 dollars is a bargain along with free instruction.

Alchemist

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sorry, I created confusion. Instructors don't get paid but a fee is collected from attendees to support the mission, pay expenses for traveling instructors and buying targets and other materials...

Pre-registration Fees (per adult): $60 for one day or both days. Under 18, Active Military,Reserve, Guard, Peace Officers, Re-enactors in period dress and Elected Officials: $20 for one day or both days. This does not include range fees (18 or older) which are $10 for the event. Members of Escambia River Gun Club will pay a $5 range fee, but must show proof of membership at check-in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom