Trumps Bump Stock Ban going into effect, what's your 2 cents.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chuck32571

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Another case of overreaction to the acts of one crazed individual. It's just like Scott's reaction to the Parkland shooting, raise the age to 21 and a long waiting period. The Liberal South and Central Florida (Lawmakers?) are introducing all kinds of bills to the Florida House and Senate to impose more and more restrictions on the law abiding citizens of Florida. This Political Correctness is ruining our State and Country.

bluedog46

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My 2 cents. First off I think an automatic should NOT require a special permit (class 3 I believe it is) so by saying that I think bump stocks should be legal and not require a special permit either.

HOWEVER! Automatics DO require a "special permit" and a bump stock makes a semi-auto fire at a similar rate to that of an automatic, so to follow the logical reason of the law a bump stock should require the same permit as the automatic not be completely banned.

I know you can "bump fire" without a bump stock, but it's not near as easy.

Can't say i like it, but here is my 2 cents. It sucks, but would you rather this and two justices like we have or people get ticked and stay home in 2020 or protest vote and we get a president that is totally anti-gun and will appoint anti gun justices.

moron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    https://armsandthelaw.com/archives/2019/04/atf_examination.php
    https://waronguns.blogspot.com/2019/04/about-those-bump-stocks.html

Via a Freedom of Information request, apparently the ATF was not allowed to examine the Las Vegas shooter's firearms to determine if the guns were or were not altered internally to full auto or if the bump stock equipped firearms would used in the shooting.

Yes, the whole investigation of the Vegas shootings was bizarre. No record of a gunpowder residue test being performed, no mention of any glass particles on clothing from breaking out two windows, cartridge casing found in body bag next to his head (reminded me of bullet they found on gurney with JFK), injuries to back of lower legs (Was he tied to a chair during the shooting?) The thing that stands out as odd to me is if he used that foot long hammer to break the windows he would have had glass residue all over him (not to mention he would have been exhausted because the glass appeared to have laminate in between the panes. It seems that Andy and Barney would have done a better investigation. Yet this led to the bump stock ban.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Link below is PDF File of the LVPD Report. They I'd the firearms by ser#, mrg, mdl, cal, sights/optic, BFS if attached, the number of fired casing matched to each firearm (how much each one was used) and some other details.

Crime scene fell solely within LAPD jurisdiction! They own it and can ask for specific or full assistance OR refuse it and restrict access. For the FBI and ATF it's like a cop walking up to a car and driver: IF they observe something in the open that gives them probable cause they can investigate. There were no factors nor anything visual that the FBI/ATF could use to claim jurisdiction. The ATF comments are sour grapes for being "cut out" of the biggest mass shooting in U.S. history and they are supposed to be the "Gun Guys" (hell, they aren't really the tech guys since DOJs calling the legal-tech shots now). Some folks are spinning the No Access to evidence/firearms as a cover up of some type. Not their monkey, not there circus: plain and simple. Jurisdictional fights can be a lot worse than what's show in 15 seconds of TV/movie drama. The FBI received the firearms, ammo and spent casings. Their Facilities at Quantico and Staff my well be the best in the World, they would have noticed auto parts and would have conducted test firing for functionality and case comparisons. Nothing is taken at face value.

On the post about the casing near the head, in the body bag. Doesn't matter. "Stuff" sticks in blood clot matted hair, could have been down his shirt around neck area or stuck to bare skin if compressed against it long enough to stay in place while body was bagged. Now if the fired case was from the revolver, that's different. Lol

https://www.lvmpd.com/en-us/Documen...ZDCIQFggNMAA&usg=AOvVaw31pSNbDb-nx53hMdln8Ea5

https://armsandthelaw.com/archives/2019/04/atf_examination.php
    https://waronguns.blogspot.com/2019/04/about-those-bump-stocks.html

Via a Freedom of Information request, apparently the ATF was not allowed to examine the Las Vegas shooter's firearms to determine if the guns were or were not altered internally to full auto or if the bump stock equipped firearms would used in the shooting.

Top Bottom