HD Tactical

Trumps Bump Stock Ban going into effect, what's your 2 cents.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SystemTTB

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My 2 cents. First off I think an automatic should NOT require a special permit (class 3 I believe it is) so by saying that I think bump stocks should be legal and not require a special permit either.

HOWEVER! Automatics DO require a "special permit" and a bump stock makes a semi-auto fire at a similar rate to that of an automatic, so to follow the logical reason of the law a bump stock should require the same permit as the automatic not be completely banned.

I know you can "bump fire" without a bump stock, but it's not near as easy.

Last edited:

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I have zero use for a bump stock but I strongly oppose the ban because it is just another infringment on the 2nd Amendment (as is the class 3 thing). If bump stocks can go from legal to illegal with the stroke of a pen, what's next? ATF previously ruled them legal and it was changed purely due to political pressure. just my 2¢

SystemTTB

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have zero use for a bump stock but I strongly oppose the ban because it is just another infringment on the 2nd Amendment (as is the class 3 thing). If bump stocks can go from legal to illegal with the stroke of a pen, what's next? ATF previously ruled them legal and it was changed purely due to political pressure. just my 2¢

couldn't agree more, starting to defeat the main purpose of the second amendment.

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    my 2 cents are its CRAP they are banned. I'd like to have one, (Couldn't keep up with the ammo), but I'd like to have one.... this will be used as a lead to ban more in the future, I afraid....

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm no fan of BFS, to each his own. The DOJ/BATFE "CHANGE" is illegal and an abuse of Agency administrative power. Agencies with Admistrarive authority "may" interpet and provide additional guidance only in areas not specifically covered by Congress within the Text of a Bill/Law. Congress did indeed provide a specific definition of "Machinegun". DOj/BATFE wrote a Changed the definition by expanding it to include discriptions of BFS operation. Then they Banned them within the same unlawful document.

The Pussies in Congress would normally have a meltdown if an Agency upsurped Congresses power/authority. They lay silent because they don't want appear in support of BFS. There silence and stupidity will bit them on the ass when they bitch about a similar issue down the road because the current BFS issue will set precedence on what agencies got away with before. Congress can write Law and Agencies can change them, effectively rewriting the Law. There is a Case in the Courts on this very issue right now but it won't make headway before the deadline and it represents only one BFS owner.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    When guns are outlawed, then only outlaws will have guns.

These "laws" simply manufacture probable cause for the arrest and detention of otherwise peaceful law-abiding Citizens.
    They are the same class of lunacy as the "Red Flag Protection Orders": big brother just needs an excuse to invade your home, see your stuff, and throw some lawyers at you to show you how you're in violation of some BS rule written by idiots.
    "Ignorance of the law isn't an excuse" and all that rhetoric.

I don't own a bump stock. They're ridiculous range toys. But if I did, I'd mount it over the fireplace with a bronze plaque that read:

"Fuck 'em. If they think this plastic piece of shit is a threat, then Civil War II will be over quick..."

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I know everyone is concerned about the government taking their guns. MANY will say "From my cold dead hands" " I am not giving up my guns for no one!" etc. I have similar feelings, however picture this > the push to end cash is the start of real control, once cash is no longer used and everyone has debit / credit / phone pay cards IE: "The Mark" all "they" need to do is issue a request for all the now banned guns, we know you have this gun or that gun due to forms credit card receipts and such, by a certain time or your bank account and or your benefit check will be frozen until you comply. If you have a family to care for you will bring the guns to them, maybe bitching all the way , but will take them to them to get your food, electric, internet, xbox, and what ever else they control. GAME OVER for 80-90% of the population. The others will be off grid, underground and hunted like you see in the movies. But then again the warning has been issued since around AD 96.

SystemTTB

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know everyone is concerned about the government taking their guns. MANY will say "From my cold dead hands" " I am not giving up my guns for no one!" etc. I have similar feelings, however picture this > the push to end cash is the start of real control, once cash is no longer used and everyone has debit / credit / phone pay cards IE: "The Mark" all "they" need to do is issue a request for all the now banned guns, we know you have this gun or that gun due to forms credit card receipts and such, by a certain time or your bank account and or your benefit check will be frozen until you comply. If you have a family to care for you will bring the guns to them, maybe bitching all the way , but will take them to them to get your food, electric, internet, xbox, and what ever else they control. GAME OVER for 80-90% of the population. The others will be off grid, underground and hunted like you see in the movies. But then again the warning has been issued since around AD 96.

Hopefully before that point something is done. If not at that point I'm not complying. It's only a matter of time before the world collapses completely and all chaos happens tho I agree.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I sold them to the guy with a Florida driver's license who doesn't speak English. The Democrats said he's legit.
    If you call me a liar, you're a racist.

That's the logic they use, right?

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I sold them to the guy with a Florida driver's license who doesn't speak English. The Democrats said he's legit.
    If you call me a liar, you're a racist.

That's the logic they use, right?

I do like that train of thought, LOL Thanks for the laugh, it's the only thing getting me through this craziness, I still remember the good old days when Good always won in the end, may have lost some good men along the way, but still won in the end. Amen.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The sky is not falling yet and I am not sure why the bump stock ban is being named after trump in particular. Trump is not my favorite person for sure, but I do not spend hours of each day blaming him for everything that I do not like. For gun purchases from stores there are the federal ATF forms an bit coins or whatever are not a big thing. Money is not going away anytime soon.

SystemTTB

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The sky is not falling yet and I am not sure why the bump stock ban is being named after trump in particular. Trump is not my favorite person for sure, but I do not spend hours of each day blaming him for everything that I do not like. For gun purchases from stores there are the federal ATF forms an bit coins or whatever are not a big thing. Money is not going away anytime soon.

I think they call it "Trumps Bump Stock Ban" just cause he's the President it's being enforced under.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think they call it "Trumps Bump Stock Ban" just cause he's the President it's being enforced under.
    Since you did the OP "Trumps Bump Stock Ban going into effect, what's your 2 cents." are you including yourself as one of the they?
    I just call it the Bump stock Ban.

Last edited:

SystemTTB

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Since did the OP "Trumps Bump Stock Ban going into effect, what's your 2 cents." are you including yourself as one of the they?
    I just call it the Bump stock Ban.

I call it based on what it's more known for, it was enacted under the Trump administration so it's an accurate name. Guess I could call it the "Bump Stock Ban Enacted Under The Trump Administration" or "Trumps Bump Stock Ban" It's just a specification of who it was enacted under.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Perhaps for Floridians it should be called "The Rick Scott Bump Stock Ban".

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    lol is Rick Scott putting this policy into place? If so "The Rick Scott Bump Stock Ban" would be appropriate. "RickScottcare" haha
    Last year about a month after the Parkland shooting then-Governor Scott signed into law new gun regulations that, among other things, banned the possession of bump stocks in Florida. The law went into effect last October.

No doubt he did this with an eye on his upcoming Senate race and wanted to appeal to more center and left voters, and had no worry that too many conservative gun owners would defect and vote to re-elect Nelson.

SystemTTB

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Last year about a month after the Parkland shooting then-Governor Scott signed into law new gun regulations that, among other things, banned the possession of bump stocks in Florida. The law went into effect last October.

No doubt he did this with an eye on his upcoming Senate race and wanted to appeal to more center and left voters, and had no worry that too many conservative gun owners would defect and vote to re-elect Nelson.

ohhh yeah! I completely forgot he did that! "The Rick Scott Bump Stock Ban" it is for Floridians!

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Never had one, never wanted one, but am all about them if that's what you want. The whole NFA and anything enacted after is anti-2A, IMO.

Two cents? Here's one: Trump lived and operated as an anti-gun, elite democrat for decades, and then promised us all he was a republican. Not just republican, but conservative, too. Hey, I bought it. I'm part of the problem. I wanted so much to believe, and keep HRC out of office, that I did. You'll find that other cent below.

Top Bottom