• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    While looking through FLs laws on prohibited ammo, I can't find any definitive info as to whether or not it's legal to have Black Tip AP projectiles. Could anyone here clarify for me if I can have them here or not? Thanks for any info.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    READ: Florida FSS: 790.31 Armor-piercing or exploding ammunition or dragon’s breath shotgun shells, bolo shells, or flechette shells prohibited.—

You Be the Judge.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    READ: Florida FSS: 790.31 Armor-piercing or exploding ammunition or dragon’s breath shotgun shells, bolo shells, or flechette shells prohibited.—

You Be the Judge.

I was reading it, and the AP I thought only applied to pistol rounds. That's where my confusion is. It's not a clear cut case so I'm hesitant to order any black tip projectiles.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    790.31 (2)(b)
    (b) Any person who possesses an armor-piercing bullet or exploding bullet with knowledge of its armor-piercing or exploding capabilities loaded in a handgun, OR who possesses a dragon’s breath shotgun shell, bolo shell, or flechette shell with knowledge of its capabilities LOADED IN A FIREARM, is guilty of a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

I'm sure the OR includes the original AP.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Interesting...I might need to look into this in GA too...seems like I remember seeing something somewhere with black paint on it.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    SCREWY !!
    How in the hell could they ever effectively prosecute using this statute ?? . . . "knowledge of it's capabilities" . . .
    Any of that stuff listed could all have different capabilities. Armor pierceing - - -> ?? What kind of armor ?? How much armor ?? How did I know ("knowledge of") ?? A little black paint,discoloration,corrosion, etc,is supposed to indicate what ?? What is armor ?? I do not know what armor is. What does a bolo round do ?? A flachette round is loaded with what and does what ?????????????
    THEN . . . any of this stuff can be posessed,or even in loaded ammo,even loaded into a magazine,you just cannot get caught with that ammo loaded in a firearm.
    If the prosecutors try to go the,"what any reasonable person would know",route . . . WELL . . . the average person,or average reasonable person DOES NOT know about this stuff.
    How many of these cases were prosecuted in Fla in the last 10 years ?? Wait . . Lemme guess . . About the same as having a licensed concealed weapon inside a post office,right. --- SAWMAN

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    So according to that statute, green tip is legal in a 16" AR rifle but illegal in a 14.5" AR pistol...

Riggghhhttttt.....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So according to that statute, green tip is legal in a 16" AR rifle but illegal in a 14.5" AR pistol...

Riggghhhttttt.....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Clarification, I thought that the ATF does not classify the green type as AP. Has that changed?

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    790.31 (2)(b)
    (b) Any person who possesses an armor-piercing bullet or exploding bullet with knowledge of its armor-piercing or exploding capabilities loaded in a handgun, OR who possesses a dragon’s breath shotgun shell, bolo shell, or flechette shell with knowledge of its capabilities LOADED IN A FIREARM, is guilty of a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

I'm sure the OR includes the original AP.
    Looks like possession of AP is legal, but you can not load it into a pistol. Big thing would be case law to see if there are any other legal surprises that are not in the statue.

Any person who possesses an armor-piercing bullet or exploding bullet with knowledge of its armor-piercing or exploding capabilities loaded in a handgun, ( Here refers to pistols and not rifle)

OR who possesses a dragon’s breath shotgun shell, bolo shell, or flechette shell with knowledge of its capabilities LOADED IN A FIREARM,
    This really intended for all guns and does not mention AP ammo

Top Bottom