• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I have a Nikon Black F1000 4-16 scope. Sight it in, lift up windage and elevation adjustment turret, turn until the ZERO (0) mark is aligned with the index mark, set turret back down. Now, if you turn the elevation turret for a longer or short shot, and are now done with that longer shot, you simply turn the turret until the 0 mark is once again aligned with the index mark, and now it's back to the original sight setting. Simple....

My problem is that the index mark ring on both the elevation and windage is loose, so recoil or even carrying the rifle can cause the index ring to move. While the scope is still sighted in, the 0 mark on the adjustment turret is no longer aligned with the index mark ring. There are no screws or anything that I can see to keep it oriented in one direction (towards the back of the scope). I'm trying to get Nikon to understand, but their tech support isn't getting it. They say the ring does not move. I even sent them pics. If you turn the turret upside down and gently tap, the index ring will even go up into the turret so that it is barely visible on the edge, it's that loose.

Anyone know what is suppose to hold the ring in place? Here's a couple of pics showing the index ring has rotated about 90 degrees. I've sent another msg to Nikon.

DSCN3641.JPG DSCN3642.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN3641.JPG
      DSCN3641.JPG
      55.1 KB · Views: 229
    • DSCN3642.JPG
      DSCN3642.JPG
      56.4 KB · Views: 244

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    DSCN3644.JPG DSCN3645.JPG DSCN3646.JPG

Here are pics with the adjustment turret removed showing the index ring can go up and down and spin around with nothing holding it in position so it can be used as a zero mark.

I'm not sure, but it almost looks like an O-ring could be missing what might hold the index ring in place, now that I see the image enlarged. Or maybe the wrong size O-ring was installed.

Attachments

• DSCN3644.JPG
      DSCN3644.JPG
      42.7 KB · Views: 244
    • DSCN3645.JPG
      DSCN3645.JPG
      52.5 KB · Views: 239
    • DSCN3646.JPG
      DSCN3646.JPG
      52.2 KB · Views: 233
    Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Can't really see Bruce, but some scope turrets are held on by one or two,extremely tiney hex type set screws on the upper,side of the turret.
    How about the top of the turret. Does it have any type of screw ??
    Show it to me tomorrow. --- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Will do. There is 1 hex screw that holds the turret to the rest of the scope.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    you sent Nikon these pictures and they don't get it? will it slide off if you remove the O-Ring? Was it originally held on with adhesive? Didn't know if you could slide it off to clean old off and replace the adhesive.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Operator error . . . It is NOT broken !!
    Nikon just thought it was a "crank" call.
    It was probably that acetylene torch that you used to loosen the red LocTite.
    You will not be able to send it back with them hammer marks either. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    After 3 more contacts with Nikon and several more pictures, they finally got it and want the scope back for warrantee repair. Yeah!

Top Bottom