• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Hey gang, hope I shouldn't have searched first, seems pretty specific. Are there any retailers or LGS in Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa who stock stripped lowers? I hate to pay a transfer fee on something that inexpensive. Rather pay whatever reasonable markup and buy in person if possible. Thanks!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    What are you looking for? If it's just cheap, it's not worth selling locally after sales tax/background. Title two firearms is only $20 for the transfer and they're relatively close to you.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Gander keeps Anderson in stock when they aren't flying off the shelves. Cheapest in town.
    They have aero precision for 70
    Buck and bass off pine forest keeps Anderson. 50 bucks
    Academy stocks rugers at 70 as well

Last edited:

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Just an FYI I called jays I week or two ago and they were closing up. Guy said they are moving back to Crestview. So they might not be there anymore. Oh and if your a .mil or retired no sales tax out at Elgin afb.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Just an FYI I called jays I week or two ago and they were closing up. Guy said they are moving back to Crestview. So they might not be there anymore. Oh and if your a .mil or retired no sales tax out at Elgin afb.

Holy crap!! Really? Not that I'll miss them but they've been around for a long time.

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yeah I knew jay back about 20 years ago when he would only have a small table at the Gun shows. I haven't bought from him since he started setting up whole rows. His prices were just too high for me but he still was a pretty good guy.

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Thanks guys. For some reason I thought Gander had closed. Good to know there are some around regardless, and I had no idea Academy carried lowers. Appreciate all the suggestions.

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    What are you looking for? If it's just cheap, it's not worth selling locally after sales tax/background. Title two firearms is only $20 for the transfer and they're relatively close to you.
    Not liking for anything specific, just looking for retailers that have lowers in stock. I understand there isn't much margin there for the retailer, but figured there were some who had them anyway. $20 is a fair transfer fee for sure, that's what I usually pay. Just hate to on a $50-70 part. Thanks for the tip!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    IMO . . . with the politically anti-gun crowd in power now (I refer to both Dem and Repub) it would be wise for you younger guys to swoop up several lowers for future builds.
    Lately . . . I have seen them really cheap. --- SAWMAN

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Not liking for anything specific, just looking for retailers that have lowers in stock. I understand there isn't much margin there for the retailer, but figured there were some who had them anyway. $20 is a fair transfer fee for sure, that's what I usually pay. Just hate to on a $50-70 part. Thanks for the tip!

Fair enough. If you're looking for multiples the transfer can be a better deal. I can't remember if T2 is flat $20 or not but I'm $20 for up to 3, then $5 extra per additional SN after that. You'll have to run the math depending on sale/ shipping etc. to figure out if it'll save you anything.

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    IMO . . . with the politically anti-gun crowd in power now (I refer to both Dem and Repub) it would be wise for you younger guys to swoop up several lowers for future builds.
    Lately . . . I have seen them really cheap. --- SAWMAN
    Yup.

Latest posts

Top Bottom