• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The NEW Factory Search engines are: Google, Bing, Yahoo, Ask and AOL! All of which show as options under the Earth Globe icon above "Internet". Internet Explorer is gone. CHROME is autoloaded as a seperate App. I have not added Duck Duck Go this time.

I don't know if im the only one with these issues, one out of 6500 users? I think others might not have found a way back (Chrome Temp), fixed their connection issues or just not that interested to persue it. Some may even think the Site was taken down or Blocked like many Pro gun Sites have been killed in the past.

If its not the Site Security Cert, I have one other SWAG: Samsung is in bed with Google so you get a auto dump of all the Google crap. GCGF EMail goes to my GMail (Google account). All the msg Links to GCGF Topics remain in those messages. Could this "Data" bring the bad DNS with it? All my Sync was off and I tried a Search Bar/RRecommendation click first (Failed all Search engines) thereafter, I opened GMail and tried a msg Link via "Internet" which failed as expected. Clicked the same Link via "Chrome" and it opened fine.

Anybody think I need to delete all my GCGF GMail msgs to eliminate that possible "carry over" DNS contamination? Problem here is any New Msg would act like old per current DNS problem, so I would need to unsub from all threads and hope I don't get a PM! I don't have a Cloud or DropBox.

May be sombody (TexKev or Mods) have a secret direct Link that I can use to Slap the shit out of my Tablet and connect properly one time so the DNS will follow correctly?

I'm going to Nuke Option the Factory reset again tonight and let it sit. Try again tomorrow.

Thanks again Fellas

Last edited:

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The earth globe browser is the default Android browser. Were you able to connect to a link in Gmail from there?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I think it was fixed last nite, they had server issues, I wrote them on Facebook and they got it fixed, everyone OK this AM?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    ₩¥£€♤♡♡●° ☆⊙⊙○▪⊙○▪¤€£◇◇♡♤♧》¿¿¡♧○○£₩° hv▪8° *●●°•°•¿|||\|^▪▪♧¥ --- □○▪⊙☆》
    Right . . . just had to given Franks post #25. I'm recovered now.
    Are we all ok. I really do not want to miss a single opportunity to pass on my wealth of knowledge to people like Joel and Bob.
    CLATOO-BERADDA-NICTO --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    What FrankT said...server issues with updates and a fiber cable was cut that stopped the transition for awhile. All should be good now.
    I think Sawman just reverted back to his native language. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Loki

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    ₩¥£€♤♡♡●° ☆⊙⊙○▪⊙○▪¤€£◇◇♡♤♧》¿¿¡♧○○£₩° hv▪8° *●●°•°•¿|||\|^▪▪♧¥ --- □○▪⊙☆》
    Right . . . just had to given Franks post #25. I'm recovered now.
    Are we all ok. I really do not want to miss a single opportunity to pass on my wealth of knowledge to people like Joel and Bob.
    CLATOO-BERADDA-NICTO --- SAWMAN

Helen and Gort are member now? Sweet.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No, there is still a major problem. I was out to dinner with a friend last night. He is a infrequent lurker on GCGF. I asked him to pull up GCGF on his smartphone (different IP and Service Provider). His browser pulled up recommendations, clicked it: IT FAILED TO CONNECT. I asked him to do the same thing on Chrome. He said they bot both use google so its dead. He did it on Chrome and GCGF opend fine.

So GCGF is loosing traffic and that = $$$. There is no doubt that Site traffic has dropped since the Server change and other physical connection hookup problems they had. I've been persistent at trying to get a normal (any search engine) connection. There are other that will assume GCGF is shut down like many gun site have been and they quit looking for it.

I did a second factory Reset without WiFi/Internet connection. While down Reset Router and Motem (couldn't hurt). I cleared general history, cache, pages, bookmarks and cookies; then went into individual Apps and did the same thing on search engines AND also Data. Turned off Sync. Shut down and let sit without charger. This eliminated all possible connectivity to me including "Backup/restore Files.

One hour later I restarted, i did not login or identify any Accounts such as. Samsung, microsoft, google or EMail accounts. Opened Chrome (search engine: Google) and then GCGF in it. Worked fine. Copied Search Bar Link, Opened "Internet" (search engine: Google), Pasted "working GCGF" Link, Clicked go: IT FAILED TO CONNECT with same failure notification as previously noted.

So I'm not the only one with connectivity problems relating to the Server/Location swap. Nuke option on my Tablet twice removes it from being a problem "on" my Tablet. It is a DNS problem beyound my control. I searched "DNSgulfcoastgunforum.com: I opened the top 3 Sites and they all listed "Link: Closed". At list point if GCGF loses hits, activity and revenue because it can't be easily accessed: Not my monkey, Not my Circus.

Since I lost Files/data due to the Factory Reset, I now have 4G of space to download a better and more private browser as some have recommended.
    I'm going to leave this Thread open, probably more lost people out there now or when we have the next "seamless transition".

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry did someone say any transition was or would be seamless? Certainly bad timing with the server going down during a transition such as this one. So much so the actually offered a refund and give a massive explanation of the issue and the correction so that it would not happen again. When Facebook down took 3 days for it to go back to normal for me to manage a few pages that I have to.
    Traffic and money? Traffic may mean money so to speak, who cares though. The key is fixing the issue. To quantify it rather than be subjective I look at the stats and it seems 98% normal. Looking at the admin stats from the software it shows normal.

Now, do I think it’s normal, not even for a second? I have been working non-stop daily with the folks best at this and making some good corrections and fixes to help things. In doing so a few that have messaged me are now having no issues.

To those still having issues, I am sending this thread info over to the server folks that backup ours, watch it and did the migrations to see what they think. I used to have rural internet, well still do now and I always had issues when others did not. Not that folks having issues have weak internet, quite the opposite it seems, sometimes internet service providers end up the issue due to the IP being new and so on.

So moving forward I consider things still not right no matter what traffic says and will work to try and come up with some more solutions.

Sorry for any issues folks…

Top Bottom