• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    use the word "borrowed" and it doesn't sound like you did something bad! Paul Harvey was a sharp fellow, there will never be another like him.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ^^^^^^^^ So simple a Caveman can understand it, dems/libs do too but their greed for power at any cost: fuels their path to divide the People with Race, Cass and Economic warfare, baited with promises of more entitlements of free stuff: free medical, free colledge, free pay above skills equality, free open borders, Voting without citizenship and much more.

It's too much to ask for truth in politics but instead of using the false term "Free" state where the Gov will get the money to pay for the FREE STUFF!

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Fond memories of listening to Paul Harvey in the car with my dad.
    "And now you know, the rest of the story"... always a favorite.

After watching the above link, I watched this speech he gave. One of his last, apparently. This was a good insight into the art of radio and the evolution of "news".

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jRB1CWgMFU4

"As the cowboy Perk Carlson used to say, 'If life were logical, it is men who would ride sidesaddle.' "

I miss him on the radio.

bluedog46

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shamelessly stolen from another forum. This needs to be shown to everyone in America, in every school, in every home.

https://youtu.be/0SAjwF3F-4k

Great point. Just to play devils advocate you can look up opinions many segregationist governors in that period gave of how today will be as well. I wont say i agree with segregation, but i will say they seemed to have correctly predicted many things like how places like birmingham and chicago would get.

Joeinfl

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I too miss Paul Harvey, Walter Cronkite, Huntley and Brinkley. The days when they actually reported the news, no where like today where the slogan seems to be "never let the truth get in the way of a good story". The media today is strictly about the almighty dollar, tilt the story however you have to, make it up if you have to but make it SELL. Frustrating.

Top Bottom