• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Midway USA just sent me their new 2019 Reloading Catalog. Kinda funny that they are mailing these out now . . . AGAIN . . . After so many years.
    But anyway . . . looking at the bullet selection they have some speciality bullets by some higher end manufacturers that I thought were only available in loaded ammo. Yet here it is. GREAT !!
    And the powders . . . DAMN . . . I didn't realize that there were so many. Problem is,some of the newer load data that is coming out,is using these powders and I sure as hell aint gonna start buying powders all over again.
    Great catalog. It replaced the Sportsmans Guide catalog for my "on the shitter" reading. --- SAWMAN

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I think I received one Friday maybe. Haven't opened it yet. I have a fairly good selection of powder so I may not need many....always a couple I'd like to try.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I haven't added any new chamberings in awhile although I have been looking at a couple of "multi-tasking" chamberings. (Including 270WSM and possibly something in the .257" caliber.) Wonder why nobody ever came out with a .257-08. Most likely because they were first with a 264-08 (260Rem).
    I really missed the Midway catalogs. I remember when they were very small back in 1981 or so,when they used to finally track me down after a month or so,thru the APO. --- SAWMAN

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    What is a “Catalog”? Is that like a phone app? :D

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have .270WSM and .25-06 (deer wackin machine right there) as well as a .260 Rem or 2. I just put it next to my chair to flip through later. I have an old #35 Master Catalog they sent me as well as a #33G Gunsmithing Catalog some years ago.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Wondering if they are mailing them big,thick,Brownell's catalogs out anymore. I keep a 2016 edition in my reloading room but have not gotten one from them in quite some time now. I order from them every now and then but not high dollar stuff. Mostly small parts. --- SAWMAN

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wondering if they are mailing them big,thick,Brownell's catalogs out anymore. I keep a 2016 edition in my reloading room but have not gotten one from them in quite some time now. I order from them every now and then but not high dollar stuff. Mostly small parts. --- SAWMAN

Bill, are you old enough to remember the old Herter's catalogs from the 60's and 70's. They were the Sears of the sporting world and had everything in their catalogs. They had a blue called Belgian Blue that was the best stuff. I bought it when I was redoing old Mausers and folks just loved the finish. Seems so long ago now.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I do remember the Herter's name but I really did not do any buisness with them.
    I did not really start reloading until about 1979 or early 80. Before that I was too busy unloading ammo to get into loading it. --- SAWMAN

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    2015 is the last Brownell's and Sinclair Catalog I have.

I did get to flip through a couple pages of the Midway tonight...did you see the price on that Remington .260 brass? I am glad they started making it again. Over the last few years I have been able to pick up some new ones here and there...don't think I paid more than .$35-.38 for any of them. Today they are 57.99 and I'm happy I have close to 1K.

Mouser... mine shoots .265 best I can measure...it's a Ruger M77VT. Can't tell you how many times I have seen the hair fly off of one or something else fly off shooting this rifle.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Just found my older Herter dies. Bushing die for a 6mm Rem or a 243Win (back in the day).
    I used it to load for my speciality Rem788 chambered in 243Win with a fairly tight necked 24" (IIRC) Fuller bbl. Back then there were no "heavy" bullets made in .243".
    Herter's was pretty much what the benchrest guys used.--- SAWMAN

Attachments

• 20190312_104341.jpg
      20190312_104341.jpg
      864.8 KB · Views: 153

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I think I have a Herter's die of some kind...I will try to dig it out

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just found my older Herter dies. Bushing die for a 6mm Rem or a 243Win (back in the day).
    I used it to load for my speciality Rem788 chambered in 243Win with a fairly tight necked 24" (IIRC) Fuller bbl. Back then there were no "heavy" bullets made in .243".
    Herter's was pretty much what the benchrest guys used.--- SAWMAN

Looks like it's well built! I found out Brownells now carries that Belgian Blue I was talking about. may have to break down and get some.

Top Bottom