• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fact is normal closing of just about any semi-auto .22 could result in a slam fire. Normally it is extremely rare in a properly set up .22 semiauto and most people will never experience one. I had it happen once in a ruger 10-22 rifle that I use to regularly fire 500 rounds on a weekly basis. When ever chambering a round in any .22 it is even more imperative then for a centerfire that it not be pointing at anything that you do not want to shoot. Any out of spec cartridge that is too thick, a little fragment of dirt or what ever between the rim and the bolt or chamber could exert pressure on that thin ring of priming material on the inside of that rim. Usually 99,999 times of out one 100,000 bolt closings nothing will happen. (I do not not have a scientific study for that figure)

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Debris in the bolt crossed my mind as only 2 reported issues with thousands of firearms seems like a needle in the haystack, unless Ruger actually looked at the bolts and found them out of spec. which is probably the case. I've never experienced a slam fire, but i know it happens so like most people I have the firearm pointed in a safe direction when the bolt slams home.

16gauge

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The inspection tool is free from Smith & Wesson. Just enter the serial number and they send it to you free. I ordered one for myself and one for the grandson's rifle.

samsmith

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone know the thickness of the gauge or depth of the bolt cut out so I can use a slide mike.
    Thanks

Top Bottom