• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Most of my ancestors where dirt floor poor, still had outhouses in the late sixties, some even into the seventies, one of my dads choirs as a kid was to empty the slop bucket(he’s 67). My grandfather built his crab-shop by laying bricks with his own hands, Hurricane Camille washed a tree through it, he and my dad built it back with savings. A few years later it burned down, having previously exhausted his savings he took different jobs at shipyards, even dragged my father to most as a two for one price deal, to afford to buy materials to rebuild. He started my family off better than before, but I started out picking shrimp, shaking crab pots, and tonging oysters on the deck of my fathers boat, we did ok fishing. My dad, brother, and myself started our shop in the mid nineties and it was work, often times I had to go tong oysters to supplement loses while starting out. I would not receive a check or often $100 a week. We had hurricane Katrina shut us down for almost a month due to health dep regulations that after a flood you’re required to repermit along with damage caused, and the loss of $$$$$$ of product. Then just as I’m turning it back around along came BP and I was shut down for almost 8 months, the gulf was simply closed. Lost customers all over, but we stayed at it, learned to diversify and got into rental houses as a way to help float through the bad times. My grandfather had 6 brothers and sisters, only two of his siblings families have amounted to anything, a couple work for me, and not very reliably at that. One of those brothers rode trains acrossed the country as a hobo.
    Point is some people will make it, and some won’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clearly white privilege...Obama said you didn't build that...

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    What do you call food stamps, welfare, free education, preferences? I think we have done more than what should have been done already

Not to get off topic but food stamps don’t stop with food either, you get discounted or almost free phones, veterinary care, deeply discounted visits to tourist attractions($2 per person instead of $14 is one example) the list of free stuff is long. Half my family lives off the crap, it adds up.

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If not being able to keep what you earn makes one a slave, then consider taxes. Are we all becoming slaves as the local, state, and federal governments increase our taxes.

were all slaves in one way or another.... docent matter what color you are, or were. Property taxes, after paying the initial cost (mortgage) do you "really" own your property? no..... sales tax, you can't buy anything without giving a little extra to the local/federal govt. if you don't PAY the taxes, they take your property, and put you in jail... so in the end, were ALL extorted at the end of the day...

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Not to get off topic but food stamps don’t stop with food either, you get discounted or almost free phones, veterinary care, deeply discounted visits to tourist attractions($2 per person instead of $14 is one example) the list of free stuff is long. Half my family lives off the crap, it adds up.

I don't want to derail the thread either, but veterinary care is definitely NOT government subsidized like "human primate" medical care, so any aid given to food stamp recipients for veterinary care comes from charities or nice veterinarians.

Veterinarians and their clinics are grossly under-appreciated as it is. Let's not lump them in with Big Govt handouts and political BS.

Back on topic: these political proposals for "slavery reparations" are simply a tactic to attract votes from the consciously greedy and the ignorant lemmings.

It's a moot point:
    Those who genuinely "want" a paycheck don't deserve one, and those who genuinely "deserve" some token of compensation don't want it (because they're all dead now).

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There may be some misconceptions as to the Scope of H.R. 40. It covers from early Slavery in the Colonies to Present Day social, economic, education, incarceration, inequalities and more. I placed a Link to the proposed Bill in the OP.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    what a load of bovine scat....

$12 million, just to set up the commission to study it..that is the only thing dems are good at, spending money on studies and commissions....cause they just are so much smarter than us peon flyover clinging to our bible and guns peasants...

you can be certain of one thing, if they ever gain control of all three, house, senate and potus, we are going to revolt, it is a certain..

they will pass every whacko law they can dream up

what bout the irish, the Chinese, the American indian?

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have the solution...simple, no reparations... life is tough, even tougher when your neighboring tribe sells you to some sea captain in slavery..

here's an idea, which will save money in the long run...pay reparations based on one thing: go back to your country of origin , give your passport up, and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out..

or stfu and go to work, it is past history anyway, get the f##k over it..

First thing most but not all that became slaves did come from africa. But, Africa is not a country but a large continent. Most slaves that were taken from africa were from the tropical west coast, but not all and still that is many countries and tribes. So which country should they go to. Most of what are called African Americans are reasonably diverse group relative to ancestry. With significant amounts of Caucasian, some native American, and other groups in them. I guess we could do the DNA and send different pieces of them to the varying regions that their DNA indicate as ancestral origin. But you assume that African countries would be willing to accept and that is not so.
    In the early years African slaves often worked said by side with indentured whites and there were children from those associations. Those female slaves that worked in the big house on plantations did routinely breed with the white residents of the big house whether they wanted to or not. So where do you send their descendants. Black Americans have been in the USA since the 17th century if not earlier.
    They are not going anywhere and as far Federal support in the future I do not know. Now days the Gov is starting to remind me of the later Roman Empire with panem et circenses. (Latin, literally "bread and circuses," supposedly coined by Juvenal and describing the cynical formula of the Roman emperors for keeping the masses content with ample food and entertainment. ) Romans also had trouble with immigrants that eventually took over the empire that were German barbarian tribes that showed up on the empire borders destitute and fleeing the oppression of the Huns with the invading Turkic tribes not far behind.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    An Apology, on behalf of the people of te United States was done in 2008.

There can not be ex postfacto liability against Laws in effect during historical periods and long since nullified by changes, superceded, recinded or obsolete by implication/conflict.

This is not a virgin issue. Laws have been changed, new Laws enacted, several Constitutional Ammendments Passed, social, economic, health and educational programs enacted on Federal and State levels. Programs to elevate people only help those that reach for the higher goals.

People subjected to unlawful criminal or civil acts have routes of recourse to address them.

Laws only regulate public behavior. Forced compliance can create more animosity than the core issue. Mindset is more than skin deep and affects the perspectives of all races. It is the passing of time and generations that gradually changes personal acceptance.

IMHO

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Many issues are intertwined but I'll focus on the main topic. Education:
    Funding from Feds is pretty uniform. Funds from State and Counties come from taxes on their jurisdiction. Middle/Upper Class (MUC) and poor within these areas get taxed at the same % rate. Predominantly poorer areas wil therefore collect less than muc areas. MUC or poor is the result of individual productivity equaling economic prosperity. Does funding affect quality of education? Yes but not the minimum basic requirements of the curriculum by grade.

Overcrowding is the result of increasing student populations or insufficient faculty or facilities to meet "desired" lower Class size. Lower funding levels inherent to poorer areas directly impact facility growth, new schools and additional facilty hiring. This is community self inflected.

Schools could also be considered as troubled. Decaying infrastructure, inability to hire facility or quality teachers, overcrowding, disruption and slow individual progress degrading class progress. Internal student and trespasser crime degrade student safety and the learning environment. Schools are presenters of curriculum and evaulators of student retention. They can force attendance, studious behaviour and discipline only so far. The students must ba willing to learn and apply themselves. Student families must support attendance, timely completion of assignments and accept only progress. Failures lead to high dropout rates, students advanced without achieving grade equivalent knowledge/skills, student perception of futility based on their capability/application vs curriculum and totality of educational environment. Students either get pushed through, academically pass, fail or dropout establishing the varied foundations of their adult life.
    Since students are given identical exposure to curriculum and assinged responsibility: failure or dropout is individually self inflected. Want higher education? Work for it, take student loans, go full, part time or by the Class/Credit: this is what the majority of people do.

The resulting human product either progresses, stagnates, withers or dies. Continue the poverty cycle or break it.

noboat

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is the latest chapter in the 24/7 liberal media brainwashing of the American sheeple. Big problem is our schools are either not teaching American History or what they are teaching is left-wing revisionist history. The result is a generation of wimps that seem to be psychologically crippled with unnecessary white guilt.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    This is the latest chapter in the 24/7 liberal media brainwashing of the American sheeple. Big problem is our schools are either not teaching American History or what they are teaching is left-wing revisionist history. The result is a generation of wimps that seem to be psychologically crippled with unnecessary white guilt.

they are erasing history, and rewriting it..removing all references to God, and revising books every time they are published, adding more politically correct items.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Anybody watch Hannity last night. He had a guy on (an older black man,college professor) that said a large number of slaves were owned by American Indians . . AND . . other blacks.
    He stated that when the slaves were freed,a large number of them refused to leave. Also a large number of the slaves were offered land by the once slave owners. Also a "good" wage to stay and work their farm and his.
    ---> TRUE ?? <--- --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    And - - -> IF reparations (bribes to "sit down and shut up) were paid,would a black person have to PROVE that somewhere in his ancestry,one of his relatives was a slave ?? Who ?? How far back ?? Male and/or female ?? If they had two relatives that were slaves,do they get twice as much a someone that had only one family member that was a slave ?? How about if you had 27 family members that were slaves ??
    How would all this be proven ?? Hearsay . . .? . . "my great grandfather told me that,blah,blah,blah" ?? To what level of proof would this have to rise to ??
    Waaaaaay too much silly stuff going on here. Waaaaay too much room to have all this get out of hand. Do we need more civil unrest in this country than we have now ?? Do some groups of people,both white and black,need more stoopid reasons to damage property,burn buisnesses,turn over police cars,loot stores ??
    WTF are some of these politician's thinking ?? --- SAWMAN

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Seems to me , the thought process is to keep different groups of people worked up so they don’t have the time or inclination to notice that politicians are passing laws that further restrict every ones freedom. ——— and remember It’s For The Children

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bernie has a different take, but not sure what it is. https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/see-iggy-azaleas-morbid-new-video-sally-walker-808576/
    In a refreshing change from 2016, Sanders has jettisoned his consultants, and is foregrounding people of color in his public appearances. (We continue to be puzzled that the senator famous for “free stuff” is so dismissive of the reparations debate, telling The View: “I think there are better ways… than just writing out a check.”)

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    At our normal monday morning for the Men's Coffee meeting at the Pace, FL Village Inn some people were talking about it. And one claimed it was aimed at disadvantaged neighborhoods and not explicitly on the basis of race. It was supposed to be directed at infrastructure. That would an improvement over just writing out checks to people.
    But still someone has to pay for it.

Top Bottom