• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They will not "come" for the guns. These people aren't stupid despite the fact they seem to be. The govt has a pretty good idea of who owns what because they have all the paperwork we fill out to buy a weapon. Of course we all have "gifts", "war trophies", "inherited guns" and guns bought in a private sale that they don't know about. But they have a record of a huge amount of sales going way back. Notice that every body uses a card now instead of money. Some stores have stopped taking cash and the govt wants cash gone where all private transactions can be taxed. As soon as everything is electronic and everything you possess is in the electronic world..............you're ass is toast. They'll send you a letter with the guns they think you have demanding they be turned over to the local national guard armory within X number of days. If you do not bring them in they will press a button and your bank account will be locked and probably your lights gas and water also. If you have any kind of public service job that will disappear although if your not getting paid that won't matter much. How many people, especially if they have children, can make it through something like this. You'll lose everything you have. People will be bringing guns in and saying "where do you all want us to pile these"? People that live off grid in remote places won't be safe either. They're the people they'll use to make examples of to bring other hold outs in line. A few infantry and an APC at a remote dwelling and if the residents resist they will be quickly and efficiently done away with and then on to the next. I know all this shit sounds preposterous but if you had told me 50 years ago that the stuff going on today was in the future, I'd have had you put in the nut house.

He's right ya know. Can't argue with one word, not one. And don't discount what your neighbors see, that you think they don't, and the average individual's prevalence toward self-preservation in the face of danger. There's an entire faction out there that took, "If you see something, say something." to heart and have made it a way of life.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    They will not "come" for the guns. These people aren't stupid despite the fact they seem to be. The govt has a pretty good idea of who owns what because they have all the paperwork we fill out to buy a weapon. Of course we all have "gifts", "war trophies", "inherited guns" and guns bought in a private sale that they don't know about. But they have a record of a huge amount of sales going way back. Notice that every body uses a card now instead of money. Some stores have stopped taking cash and the govt wants cash gone where all private transactions can be taxed. As soon as everything is electronic and everything you possess is in the electronic world..............you're ass is toast. They'll send you a letter with the guns they think you have demanding they be turned over to the local national guard armory within X number of days. If you do not bring them in they will press a button and your bank account will be locked and probably your lights gas and water also. If you have any kind of public service job that will disappear although if your not getting paid that won't matter much. How many people, especially if they have children, can make it through something like this. You'll lose everything you have. People will be bringing guns in and saying "where do you all want us to pile these"? People that live off grid in remote places won't be safe either. They're the people they'll use to make examples of to bring other hold outs in line. A few infantry and an APC at a remote dwelling and if the residents resist they will be quickly and efficiently done away with and then on to the next. I know all this shit sounds preposterous but if you had told me 50 years ago that the stuff going on today was in the future, I'd have had you put in the nut house.

if the democrats ever take over, and pack the court as they wish, we will be in the re=education camps together....

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Naw, most of us will just vanish, never to be heard from again. I truly feel that most anyone that post on any gun forum , Is in jeopardy if liberals get their way . Of course exceptions will be made for bed wetters and snitches.

SystemTTB

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    some places already have "sanctuary cities" where apparently, they think federal law just goes away because they say they so. What would happen if California and New York just said "alright that's it no more guns allowed here. Then a few more chime in. The democrats are talking about lowering the voting age to 16 and adding supreme court members because they want a better chance to do it there way. I'm not worried about it happening in the next 5-10 years, but 20-30? I mean look who people are electing....AOC and that Ilhan Omar. This 2020 election will determine a lot in my opinion. Everything starts with just a simple stupid idea, then 20 years later its implemented, look at this generation of kids, I'm only 26 so I see what my generation and the one before me is like and it worries me a little.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    some places already have "sanctuary cities" where apparently, they think federal law just goes away because they say they so. What would happen if California and New York just said "alright that's it no more guns allowed here. Then a few more chime in. The democrats are talking about lowering the voting age to 16 and adding supreme court members because they want a better chance to do it there way. I'm not worried about it happening in the next 5-10 years, but 20-30? I mean look who people are electing....AOC and that Ilhan Omar. This 2020 election will determine a lot in my opinion. Everything starts with just a simple stupid idea, then 20 years later its implemented, look at this generation of kids, I'm only 26 so I see what my generation and the one before me is like and it worries me a little.

I understand what you are saying. I am a 'Baby Boomer" (1960) and I am seeing people from my generation and the generation before, along with the last couple of generations, that are off the deep end when it comes to logic and common sense. Politically, they are leftists idiots who have no clue as to the reality this world presents, nor do they have any reasonable and effective solutions for the problems that exist. They want everything to be okay to do except for owning guns and other's 1st Amendment rights to apply. They want everything handed to them and not want to have to work for any of it. They want everyone to be allowed to come into our country without understanding the repercussions to go along with undocumented and illegal immigrants. They also seem to have no problem with people not seeking U.S. citizenship or assimilating to American culture. They disrespect our Constitution and federal laws governing our immigration system. The have little to no respect for our duly elected President and what he is trying to do for this country, nor the people that support him. Our society, as a whole, is going to hell in a handbasket and if nothing is done to change that, our nation will continue on a drastic downward slope.

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    BFS turned into machineguns with the stroke of a pen. Hardly any voiced opposition in the main stream News. Look back at the AWB, if it wasn't for a grandfathering clause and the Sunset provision: all those firearms would be legally out of private hands by now. BFS "was" an accessory, so are magazines. The gun grabbers will come full speed for "AWs" but they will get the magazines first. The main reason is obvious but it is also lower hanging fruit without clear Constitutional l protections.

Which straw will break the camel's back is unknown.

General Snafu

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm all about people not having anything they are truly not mentally competent to have, whether that is guns, cars, power tools, whatever. But there needs to be a fair and competent determination on mental competency.

Trump's was an emotional statement revealing his anti-gun past, made on national television. When his Vice President spoke up in defense of due process, he was shouted down with this line, on national television. IMO, this one statement fanned the flames for the Florida red-flag law that was implemented so fast the State AJ still can't fully explain it.

The more "Presidential" statement would have been along the lines of, "This is a tragedy. We need to help Parkland get through this and heal. Everyone is emotional right now, myself included. I have never experienced anything like this in my life; it's heart-breaking. What I owe you as your President is solid leadership, and to not act or speak out of emotion, but according to our great Constitution. We're going to get to the bottom of this in a systematic and Constitutional manner, and take appropriate action where it is necessary. God bless Parkland, and God bless the United States of America."

There has also been plenty of time to walk-back/clarify this statement/outburst, apologize to Pence for slamming him, and maybe even offer a little support for law-abiding gun owners who had absolutely nothing to do with this, but will suffer the repercussions, again. Nope, sorry, we'll just have to disagree and press on. Trump lived for decades as a New York democrat, and anti-gun at that. I want to believe he's the republican he says, but I can't. And yeah, I proudly voted for him, so that makes it even worse.

As a quick reply to your suggestion as to what Trump could have said after the Parkland shooting, Please see below.

Attachments

• Stoneman.jpg
      Stoneman.jpg
      192.5 KB · Views: 195

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    If you want to see hundreds of examples of the government wanting to take your guns, visit https://www.reddit.com/r/nowttyg. It's a sub called "No one wants to take your guns". There are daily posts of local, state, and federal legislation trying to enact gun control. It's a good place to keep an eye out for any Florida legislation you might not normally hear about.

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

When you talk about this, Ruby Ridge rings a bell. The whole thing started as well with abusing "Red flag law" style defamation by a neighbor that lied to agencies. Here's a link for the uninitiated, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Ridge . The whole things reeks of overstepping of government agencies.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ironbeard-thanks for the words of support there my friend! I argue with people all the time that are absolutely fixated with the thought that "somebody" (foreign troops, Russians, UN Troops, US Army Troops, etc.) will come by and knock on their door and demand their weapons. There's a certain percentage of people that will open their door and kill at least one of the "knockers". He will, of course, be killed. But as many gun owners as there are in this country it wouldn't be long before the guntakers would be looking for another line of work. Whatever they do has to be cheap, easy and of little risk. That's why I think using the economy as a weapon makes sense. Nobody would be immune from the affects.

General Snafu

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you want to see hundreds of examples of the government wanting to take your guns, visit https://www.reddit.com/r/nowttyg. It's a sub called "No one wants to take your guns". There are daily posts of local, state, and federal legislation trying to enact gun control. It's a good place to keep an eye out for any Florida legislation you might not normally hear about.

When I click on your link it says, "doesn't exist"

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Hey Kids-that is a great site! As soon as I opened it the words "dumbshit redneck" flew out at me. looks like a no holds barred place........now bookmarked.

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Hey Kids-that is a great site! As soon as I opened it the words "dumbshit redneck" flew out at me. looks like a no holds barred place........now bookmarked.

Haha. Yeah it's a wide collection of Pro 2A gun folks there. Another sub is /r/gunpolitics to keep an eye on.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I understand what you are saying. I am a 'Baby Boomer" (1960) and I am seeing people from my generation and the generation before, along with the last couple of generations, that are off the deep end when it comes to logic and common sense. Politically, they are leftists idiots who have no clue as to the reality this world presents, nor do they have any reasonable and effective solutions for the problems that exist. They want everything to be okay to do except for owning guns and other's 1st Amendment rights to apply. They want everything handed to them and not want to have to work for any of it. They want everyone to be allowed to come into our country without understanding the repercussions to go along with undocumented and illegal immigrants. They also seem to have no problem with people not seeking U.S. citizenship or assimilating to American culture. They disrespect our Constitution and federal laws governing our immigration system. The have little to no respect for our duly elected President and what he is trying to do for this country, nor the people that support him. Our society, as a whole, is going to hell in a handbasket and if nothing is done to change that, our nation will continue on a drastic downward slope.

2467325936.jpg

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As a quick reply to your suggestion as to what Trump could have said after the Parkland shooting, Please see below.

Yes, I get that a presidential statement must be made in such a situation. Were those his words, or were they written for him to say? And here's the problem with the whole thoughts and prayers thing. It takes nothing more than words, it appeals to the masses, and if nothing happens, it's on God now, and I'm off the hook. Political fluff.

So, back to my point, this being a firearms forum, it was important enough to appeal to people's feels/emotions, but the outright discarding of constitutional rights can just be forgotten because we all know he really didn't mean it? IMO, the words below were Trumps own words. he had no teleprompter when he said them, and was pacing about emotionally. That's when the truth comes out. Nah, sorry, thoughts and prayers don't undo those words. We're talking two different issues. An appeal to emotions, and a statement discarding constitutional rights.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ironbeard-thanks for the words of support there my friend! I argue with people all the time that are absolutely fixated with the thought that "somebody" (foreign troops, Russians, UN Troops, US Army Troops, etc.) will come by and knock on their door and demand their weapons. There's a certain percentage of people that will open their door and kill at least one of the "knockers". He will, of course, be killed. But as many gun owners as there are in this country it wouldn't be long before the guntakers would be looking for another line of work. Whatever they do has to be cheap, easy and of little risk. That's why I think using the economy as a weapon makes sense. Nobody would be immune from the affects.

You are quite welcome Sir. Glad to know you're out there with your head up and eyes open.

Latest posts

Top Bottom