• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd love to have a thermal though I don't know the fine points of what makes an expensive thermal better than an average or low end one. I haven't researched laws in Alabama in regard to pig or predator hunting at night, though I would not be surprised if it was illegal. It is good to see some on the low price range offered...time and time again, the cheap things tend to be deficient in some key areas and the high end have features that most would not use to full effect leaving the "middle of the road" price/feature range to be the optimum for the most.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not bad IMHO. Were still in a downward price trend for NV gear. There will always be price/quaility difference The heart of thermals IMHO is the Refresh Rate HZ (number of times per second the image is captured/updated per second), Thermal Time Constant (measurement of how fast it can process changes) and Resolution is pixel density (pixels and ability to fill between them) the units presentation clarity of the captured, processed and filled in image

Above unit is Black hot or white hot, no other screen options but I don't think that's a deal breaker.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's some very pricey entry level thermal....
    seems to me there are better choices for far less dough...

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FrankT needs to weigh in on this thread. He's pretty knowledgeable about all these sights. We had a good chat about them last year. I prefer the night vision so I'm no help on the thermals.

Top Bottom