• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtbbrewer74

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have a Shield 9mm with a factory laser. It is set to 50ft from S&W. Why is it set to that distance? My assumption is that most conflicts will happen much closer.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Cuz . . . 50ft equals 16yds or so. At this distance,depending on the weight and speed of the ammo,the POI vs the laser dot will be <2 inches either high or low.
    Remember,this is a defensive pistol. It should not be used to try and make eyeball shots. Even 3 inches,that distance would be acceptable to me. Just as long as R/L was really close. --- SAWMAN

mtbbrewer74

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Cuz . . . 50ft equals 16yds or so. At this distance,depending on the weight and speed of the ammo,the POI vs the laser dot will be <2 inches either high or low.
    Remember,this is a defensive pistol. It should not be used to try and make eyeball shots. Even 3 inches,that distance would be acceptable to me. Just as long as R/L was really close. --- SAWMAN
    If I am understanding this correctly with the laser set at 50ft the POI vs laser <2 inches at a closer range? For example 15 feet?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yep,true Matt.
    Forgive me . . . I speak in yards. At the "normal" defensive ranges (3,7,and 15yds) the bullet will be really close to the laser dot.
    I put up a post awhile back about pictureing a man with a 4 or 5 button shirt on. There are undoubtably others here that know more about this stuff than me. (Real tattooed trainers.) But that post were simply my beliefs in the defensive pistol game.
    The Lasermax in my Glock32 is the same. It is dead on R&L,and within 2 inches either high or low out to 25yds. This,shooting a 147gr from the 357SIG or a 115gr or a 124gr.
    Do not clutter your defensive pistol mind up with how many inches at how many yards. Just shoot at the guy with the button shirt on. --- SAWMAN

mtbbrewer74

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yep,true Matt.
    Forgive me . . . I speak in yards. At the "normal" defensive ranges (3,7,and 15yds) the bullet will be really close to the laser dot.
    I put up a post awhile back about pictureing a man with a 4 or 5 button shirt on. There are undoubtably others here that know more about this stuff than me. (Real tattooed trainers.) But that post were simply my beliefs in the defensive pistol game.
    The Lasermax in my Glock32 is the same. It is dead on R&L,and within 2 inches either high or low out to 25yds. This,shooting a 147gr from the 357SIG or a 115gr or a 124gr.
    Do not clutter your defensive pistol mind up with how many inches at how many yards. Just shoot at the guy with the button shirt on. --- SAWMAN
    Thanks got it. I do remember your button on the shirt post. I like the button idea, because it is easy to remember.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Take a look - - -> With defensive pistol . . . aim at the second or third button down. Actually aim to hit the button. Hit a couple inches low or high. The fight ends. --- SAWMAN

Attachments

• Bamboo-Fiber-Mens-Dress-Shirt-2018-Brand-New-Solid-Color-Long-Sleeve-White-Shirt-Men-Casual.jpg_.jpg
      Bamboo-Fiber-Mens-Dress-Shirt-2018-Brand-New-Solid-Color-Long-Sleeve-White-Shirt-Men-Casual.jpg_.jpg
      18.4 KB · Views: 124

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes sir, those guys that keep fighting after they’re shot are a lot more common in movies than they are in real life situations.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Another thing to ponder is this.
    If you put your bullet on centerline,and it is a good penetrating bullet,it could clip the spine which is a fight ender.
    In any event,get it thru the sternum and the next thing hard is the spine. This is the theory that drives some to use the no lead design of bullets or in the least,a FMJ. --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom