• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I plan to be there wearing one of my GCGF T-Shirts. Every time I've worn one lately no one seems to notice or comment. I have three or four, one in each color in XL.

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm a noob and haven't ever seen anyone else wearing a shirt at the shows I've attended. Work schedule changed so I won't make it until Sunday which means lots of good stuff will be gone by the time I get there. Save some deals for those of us that have to work!

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I am thinking about going this morning and taking my 1942 Remington M1903 and 1943 Remington M1903A3 to see if I can sell or trade them there. Of course, I can always end up walking out with them for lack of interest.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I went this morning and was pretty disappointed. There was plenty of space for more vendors.
    There were probably more knife tables than guns. There were also coins and other miscellaneous.
    I only saw two guns that I was mildly interested in and they were priced several hundred $ more than I’m willing to pay.
    I don’t regret going though because the Shriners do good work.

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I heard it wasn't that great this year from others as well. Has me second guessing on whether or not I'll go in the morning. With gun prices in the gutter to get anything to sell, I guess many are choosing not to attempt to sell at this time.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I too was disappointed. I doubt that I will attend another show there. Everyone was polite and friendly, and as Welldoya said, the Shriners do good work. But, there were a number of vacant tables, tons of Silver if you are in to that, lots of knives, but mostly overpriced, well used guns. Some new guns, but nothing that can't be gotten at Mikes (he was there), Gander, or Academy. It was a waste of time and money.

Last edited:

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I enjoyed the show yesterday, I didn't buy anything and I didn't sell anything but I did learn some things, so that makes it worth the admission that is charged. I also enjoyed the camaraderie. I like both old and new guns and accessories so this was the show for that. Thanks to whoever hosted this show.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I went and was told to buy a table if I wanted to sell any of my guns there by a shriner. That was a first time I've ever encountered that at a show.

There was a lot of anticipation leading up to this show. Too bad it didn't pan out. Not good.

Last edited:

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    That’s odd that he said that. I saw plenty of people walking around with guns to sell. That’s part of the attraction of a gun show.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I went and was told to buy a table if I wanted to sell any of my guns there by a shriner. That was a first time I've ever encountered that at a show.

I was walking around with two rifles I brought to sell or trade and had some Hadji ask me if I was a vendor. Once I said no, he moved right along. Why would he even ask to begin with? Never had that happen there before.

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I had a good experience. I sold several near my asking price and bought one at a good price. I will be back!

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I thought it was odd too but I guess it was because there were so many empty tables and the shriners were missing out on revenue from them. It is what it is. I didn't see much buying or selling happening while I was there. Too much crap and not enough guns in my opinion.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was expecting a little more myself. Walked out with 2 AK mags for 25 bucks. Add the door fee of 8 and they were 16.50 each. No different then buying online. Won't keep me from going back. Didn't see Sawman trying to pawn his shirts off. Maybe next time..

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You know, a wild ass thought, before going to a show like that you fellows that are bringing something to sell and you fellows looking to purchase items may say so and tell the price you are wanting, and the time you will be there.

So often it seems these shows are more Blind mans bluff.. with complaints afterwards .

Latest posts

Top Bottom