Patriot Mobile

I need some Ass Kickin... Kill it all.... Weed Killer !!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The weeds are already taking over my fence lines and out into my yard....These are some of the little flower looking plants that spread all over the place overnight !!! I have tried to keep them pulled up.....they multiply too fast and I'm too old and worn out for this shit !!!

I have tried several weed killers.....Premixed Roundup....homemade sprays.....and they just keep coming back.....And oddly enough..I am the only one getting them...my neighbors on each side of me don't have them ???

I need some kinda of Farm....Industrial.....Concentrated......Weed murdering product that will rid the world of these aggravating ass weeds...I'm to the point I don't care if I have to wear a Hazmat suit to use it !!!

Got any ideas.......And how in the hell did a gallon of concentrated Roundup at Home Depot get to costing $109.00 !!!!

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Try a product they sell at Tractor Supply called barrier. It is great for fence lines and lasts MUCH longer than Round-up! Just do not use it on a windy day and try to use it when there will be several days w/o rain. Good luck!

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I would stop by Site One Lanscape. Their address is on Michigan Ave but it is the part behind the old Big 10 Tires down from All Pro Sound. I have not been in that store yet but went to their old location in Elyson

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Shredder 2,4-D Amine Weed Killer Herbicide and add an ounce of Atrazine to 1 gallon of water.

2-4-D and Atrazine kills all sorts of weeds and even briars.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shredder 2,4-D Amine Weed Killer Herbicide and add an ounce of Atrazine to 1 gallon of water.

2-4-D and Atrazine kills all sorts of weeds and even briars.
    I have not tried the atrazine. What I had been using was half quart of generic roundup plus half a quart for 2,4, D-amine in 3 gal of water and it works well. But one spraying will not kill the underground part of green briar. I will start putting some atrazine in it and maybe that will do the trick.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We're in the hot heavy grow zone. Its a constant battle. Kill it off, lay barrier material then stone and It still slowly grows back from below and reseeds in dirt that piles up between stones over time. Brush roots travel horizontally and keep coming.

I use "Brush and Weed" killer concentrate. It kills grasses too. Labels state what they generally kill. I buy cheaper brands, check active ingredients and %. I follow mixing instructions for hard to kill or what ever the highest mix ratio is. Don't cut back growth! Its the green stuff that absorbs the chemicals and takes it to the roots. Let it die for a couple weeks so roots die too, brown top doesnt mean dead below. How long it kills on labels is unde lab conditions. Expect 1/2 of that Its normal to have to reapply after the first pass. After that its touch up work till it needs heavy dosing again. I spray towards evening to prevent as much evaporation as possible, the longer its wet the better. I don't by the rain set in xx minutes, avoid forcast rain as much as you can.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The weeds are already taking over my fence lines and out into my yard....These are some of the little flower looking plants that spread all over the place overnight !!! I have tried to keep them pulled up.....they multiply too fast and I'm too old and worn out for this shit !!!

I have tried several weed killers.....Premixed Roundup....homemade sprays.....and they just keep coming back.....And oddly enough..I am the only one getting them...my neighbors on each side of me don't have them ???

I need some kinda of Farm....Industrial.....Concentrated......Weed murdering product that will rid the world of these aggravating ass weeds...I'm to the point I don't care if I have to wear a Hazmat suit to use it !!!

Got any ideas.......And how in the hell did a gallon of concentrated Roundup at Home Depot get to costing $109.00 !!!!

You can get the generic roundup at Tractor Supply a lot cheaper and if you double the recommended dose I haven't found anything that survives it. If that doesn't work 2-4-D and Atrazine will probably do the trick.

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Try a product they sell at Tractor Supply called barrier. It is great for fence lines and lasts MUCH longer than Round-up! Just do not use it on a windy day and try to use it when there will be several days w/o rain. Good luck!

Thanks 5lima.............I had forgotten about Tractor Supply over on 9 mile rd......They are about the only old time hardware type store left in Pensacola that I'm aware of ....I will be going over in that area in a few days.......

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Guys...I appreciate all your time and help.......I knew some of you had to know what would work......I am going to use some of these until I find the magic combo that will rid the world of these weeds.......

Gunsite

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Prosecution,it kills the roots! We used this when we had a contract with Eglin AF Base to grow grass on all their base housing,we would do a blanket kill then come back with our Hydro Mulch mix.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks 5lima.............I had forgotten about Tractor Supply over on 9 mile rd......They are about the only old time hardware type store left in Pensacola that I'm aware of ....I will be going over in that area in a few days.......
    Reynolds right next to tractor supply on 9 mile and 29 is a hardware store, tractor supply is a chain store that only in recent years has come to the pensacola area. Halls is an old time hardware store in milton that also has a lumber yard. If you want to buy a sink faucet either of these two hardwares will have it and not so much at tractor supply. There is a lot of overlap, but Reynolds and halls are traditional hardware stores and tractor supply more for the sort of supplies that an estate with horses would use.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    3rddown-buy yourself some Hyvar X-L. It is what's know as a bare ground treatment. It is approved for fence rows but do not put it on your yard or any place else you want anything to grow for up to a year or so. Avoid windy days and apply with a course spray. It is over $200 a gallon but a gallon will go a long way and should manage your problem. You probably have Florida Pusley which can be controlled with 2,4-D but you have to add a surfactant and apply it 2 to 3 times a year as it emerges again from the previous treatment. It is tough stuff. Round up is strictly a contact killer as it is neutralized as soon as it touches dirt. Hyvar has a residual activity but be careful with it. Wildrider had some good application tips.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I just use HDX from Home Depot. It is about 2/3rds the price of Round Up.
    Mix rate is 5oz to 1gal water. I mix it at 7oz to 1. Ingredients is exactly the same as Round Up.
    It is very important to spray it on as much green as you can. Only spray after the dew is gone. Also the more hot,direct sun after spraying the better.
    This will kill all grases and weeds that I have tried it on. Also kills some tall brush. --- SAWMAN

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Prosecution,it kills the roots! We used this when we had a contract with Eglin AF Base to grow grass on all their base housing,we would do a blanket kill then come back with our Hydro Mulch mix.

And where would one find this " Prosecution " knock em dead weed killer ?

Plinker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Spike 80DF

Remember that goof Harvey Updike that killed the Toomer Oaks in Auburn?
    Thats the stuff he used.

Farmers Co-Op’s have it ~ $100

You did say “kill it all”.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    DO NOT FORGET to use a re-breather or at least some sort of filter mask if you use Roundup.
    Or for that matter any weed killer...

Of course, for really tough brush...use what the Train companies use to clear the tracks...diesel fuel. They spray lots of it on the area beside the track and it kills pretty much everything back 10-20 yards.

Top Bottom