I need some Ass Kickin... Kill it all.... Weed Killer !!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Try a product they sell at Tractor Supply called barrier. It is great for fence lines and lasts MUCH longer than Round-up! Just do not use it on a windy day and try to use it when there will be several days w/o rain. Good luck!

I think that’s the same stuff I use, it’s like $40 for two gallon at TSC, but it’s super concentrated. Works really good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mac the knife

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    POOL BLEACH .its cheap and kills anything green....dead--dead---dead!

ONE EXCEPTION!!! ''BAMBOO'' ONLY GOD CAN KILL ''BAMBOO'' !!

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Hey mac, I assume that you get pool bleach at a swimming pool supply store. But my question is . . . what is the difference in that and the bleach you use for washing clothes ??
    And . . . will it hurt the hose,valves,seals,etc.,of a sprayer ?? --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    POOL BLEACH .its cheap and kills anything green....dead--dead---dead!

ONE EXCEPTION!!! ''BAMBOO'' ONLY GOD CAN KILL ''BAMBOO'' !!
    How do you mix and apply it.

Running bamboo can be killed. You must find each stalk and cut it and immediately put something bad into the hollow space. My neighbor used diesel and I have just sprayed my normal high percent herbicide mix into it.

justapilgrim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    you've likely bought something by now....anyway, you should first identify what you're trying to kill...all fence lines don't have the same plants growing along them, so a "fence line" brush killer may not kill what you have. Cut samples and put in a bag and take it to nearest county extension office...they'll help identify the weeds and recommend effective poisons... Ewing in Ft Walton can help you also once you know the name of what you're trying to kill. Stuff with waxy leaves will need a surfactant added...it helps the poison stick to plant rather than just run off. Be patient and expect to apply poison more than 1 time....weeds are persistent survivors...good luck

mac the knife

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Hey mac, I assume that you get pool bleach at a swimming pool supply store. But my question is . . . what is the difference in that and the bleach you use for washing clothes ??

You can get it at WalMart, Just rinse out your sprayer when done.(also i use in a sprayer on my Vinyl siding on the house, Just spray and Rinse ALL GONE .

( O yea by the way its about 3 times stronger than washing Bleach !

Last edited:

mac the knife

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

You can get it at WalMart, Just rinse out your sprayer when done.(also i use in a sprayer on my Vinyl siding on the house, Just spray and Rinse ALL GONE .

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Guys.....I believe I have gotten some stuff that going to rid the world of all these weeds...I have learned a lot about what will and will not work effectively......Found out that " Round Up " is a total waste of money.....And that the people I met at Lowes and Home Depot don't know Jack....

I went over to Tractor Supply on 9 mile......I picked up some Barrier.....RM43.....and a gallon of their house brand...Yep probably Overkill...but I am on a mission from God to get these damn weeds gone....Before all this turns into " The Little Shop Of Horrors " !!!

All of them are Concentrates with a high content of Glyphosate in them along with other weed murdering stuff...The RM43 is really 43.68 % Glyphosate......
    If your needing anything from Tractor Supply ask for " Mari "....she is a wonderful / Beautiful young lady who was very helpful......

I was also talking with my Brother....He is headed down to Ft Walton in a few weeks and said he would drop off some stuff he uses on his property...and will give me the formula for it .....he has come up with some kinda mixture he sprays out in the pastures on the fence lines....He claims this stuff will KILL ROCKS !!! Knowing him I don't doubt it......Said he got the formula from one of the kids who Graduated from Auburn and majored in Weed Killin !!!

So.....as soon as it warms up for a few days I will be spraying away on all these weeds.....Got myself a new respirator..Some gloves.....and a couple cases of beer....So wish me luck !!!

I figured I'd leave this thread open since summer will be here soon.....and I know I can't be the only person needing help / advice on weed control.....

Thanks

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh Yea.....I have No Kids.....No Pets ".....So I don't have to worry about anybody but myself and I've gotten so damn old that if the chemicals I put into my body back in the 60's and 70's didn't kill me I figure I'm good to go !!!

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Laundry bleach varies from 3% to 6%. Pool bleach varies from 10% to 12%.

I use several gallons of laundry bleach in a outside tub to kill the crud growing on shower curtains and tub mats. Soaking works better and is easier than scrubbing, rinse before putting items back in the house. After recycling the bleach sevral times I run it through a fine strainer screen and spray it on weeds around other plants I don't want to harm. I think bleach is more a topical "burner" than a root killer but if you kill the all the green, often the root will die.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    mix a little diesel in with crossbow, or spike, and it will be scorched earth for a year....

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Household Chlorine Bleach has a different chemical makeup than Swimming Pool Chlorine. Also, using household bleach on plastics (such as ice-coolers) over time will kill the UV inhibitors embedded in the plastics causing it to become brittle and crack to pieces (faster if left in the sun 24-7). So if using household bleach to clean the fish blood off your cooler, you should rinse it thoroughly. Much safer using the swimming pool chlorine on plastics, vinyl, etc.
    Also, if you're sanding a vehicle/boat to paint, and not sure you got all the wax off, just spray it down with the swimming pool chlorine, let it sit for about 5 minutes then rinse thoroughly. It'll take the wax off really fast.

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    mix a little diesel in with crossbow, or spike, and it will be scorched earth for a year....

I had thought about the Diesel.....My only concern was the main / large area I need to kill stuff in is about 6 - 8 ft from where my Beer soaked neighbor has her Big ole Fire Pit .......She has a habit of waiting until the pit is stacked 6 ft high with brush then putting a Zippo to it .......Hence the reason I backed off any Diesel Fuel approach........

I did wonder if I could find / buy a functioning M2 FlameThrower somewhere.......always wanted to use one of those !!!

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "I did wonder if I could find / buy a functioning M2 FlameThrower somewhere.......always wanted to use one of those !!! "

contact Charles Hobson in Albany New York, he usually has some for sale. He's the biggest flamethrower dealer in the US.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Damn, killing weeds just got interesting!

Latest posts

Top Bottom