• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Any of y’all going to see Matt Gaetz in Jay at the Community Center tonight? I’ll be there. Not sure how these things usually work out but I really have a question I’ve been posing to our representatives (Gaetz, Rubio, Trump) via email for about two months now and I haven’t received any real responses. So maybe I’ll get to ask in person tonight.

For two years the Republican Party had control of the Senate, the House, the White House and Conservatives held an advantage in the SCOTUS. They had basically all of the federal power that We the People of the United States could have voted to them. They had everything. They even had a giant monopoly on the state legislatures, for whatever good that could do at the federal level.

So why the failure to advance our GUN RIGHTS even one iota at the federal level during that time? The Democrats have made it clear over the last six weeks that gun control is their priority and they are going to throw everything they can at the wall to get something to stick. Whatever doesn’t stick will be picked up and thrown again. The Democrats control only the House for the last six or seven weeks and nothing for the two years prior, yet have been on full offense the entire time. The Republicans have been on the heels playing defense, and now have lost the initiative and ability to govern by mandate and get something passed as an advancement, a bulwark for our natural right to self defense, our 2A right. They had two years to WIN progress, and they didn’t even make a significant attempt.

I could (and may) also make this point about guns AND immigration, because I fear the racial and national demographic shift has already occurred and is now irreversible because during the last two years, the Republicans did nothing but play defense. Poorly.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Do you have to give up your right to carry a concealed weapon in order to be able to attend the meeting ??
    If so . . . ask him why. --- SAWMAN

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    No, I will not go just to hear him talk the walk like he's so accustomed of doing. But you can tell him to start walking the walk and stop the talking the walk and protect our 2d amendment rights. There was a reason our forefathers made our gun rights the 2d amendment and not the 12th of the original amendments, because of the importance thereof..... I certainly will not vote for him again if he's going to continue his turkey "talk"..

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Maybe remind him that we didn't elect him to simply vote pro-2A.
    I expect him to go face-to-face with those SOBs who sponsor these anti-2A bills and educate them. Then that rep is no longer "ignorant", so any future attacks are on-purpose, and the US citizens should be informed accordingly.

Also, if he or any other representative needs a reminder of why preserving the US Constituion is important, he just needs to goto Arlington National Cemetery. The immediate future of this Nation was preserved by the spilt blood of those Patriots. However, all of that sacrifice could be worthless if the attacks on the 2A are successful.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Maybe remind him that we didn't elect him to simply vote pro-2A.
    I expect him to go face-to-face with those SOBs who sponsor these anti-2A bills and educate them. Then that rep is no longer "ignorant", so any future attacks are on-purpose, and the US citizens should be informed accordingly.

Also, if he or any other representative needs a reminder of why preserving the US Constituion is important, he just needs to goto Arlington National Cemetery. The immediate future of this Nation was preserved by the spilt blood of those Patriots. However, all of that sacrifice could be worthless if the attacks on the 2A are successful.

They will eventually be successful, and that will be IMMEDIATELY severely damaging because of the complete lack of progress the Republicans made over the last two years when they had ALL of the power that We the People could have voted to them.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The republicans only want the appearance that they are pro 2A. Time and time again they've held majority, yet nothing gets passed in our favor. They want to keep the voters scared that their rights are getting taken all the while attempting to appear pro 2A. Don't expect any valid legislature to make it through from either party. They both want the same thing, disarmed Americans.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My ticket number wasn’t called so I didn’t get to ask anything. But via other people I sort of received my answer.

Long story short, we don’t have a party in DC. Gaetz has a pretty good talk but he basically said that he can’t get anything done because NONE of the Democrats will support it and MOST of the Republicans won’t either. Said that true Conservative/Constitutionalist reformers are a small minority in the Republican Party, and he’s not very popular with anyone in DC. Said his biggest push is going to be for term limits, and no one is going to be on his side with that.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yep . . . just what I figured . . . another swamp dweller.
    Sadley . . . someone needs to explain it to these Repubs that they need to fight like the Dems. All for one and one for all. The Dems are out for their particular district,but they will drop all that and vote for their party.
    Sadley,the Repubs had a leader like Paul Ryan. The Dems had Nancy Pelosi. Which was more effective,got things done,united their party ??
    It is extremely sad to have to admit that the Repubs could not come up with anyone better than Pelosi.
    And Trump . . . How much fentynal was coming across the southern border and "killing our kids" (boo-hoo) in his first two years in office ?? When the Repubs were in charge of the whole she-bang ??
    This country is in the shitter gentlemen !! --- SAWMAN

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sawman, here is your answer. Credit goes to Mr Fred Reed probably one of the last tell it like it is writers............................

"The American decline is largely self-inflicted. The US chooses its government by popularity contests among provincial lawyers rather than by competence. American education deteriorates under assault by social-justice faddists. Washington spends on the military instead of infrastructure and the economy. It is politically chaotic, its policies changing with every new administration."

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep . . . just what I figured . . . another swamp dweller.
    Sadley . . . someone needs to explain it to these Repubs that they need to fight like the Dems. All for one and one for all. The Dems are out for their particular district,but they will drop all that and vote for their party.
    Sadley,the Repubs had a leader like Paul Ryan. The Dems had Nancy Pelosi. Which was more effective,got things done,united their party ??
    It is extremely sad to have to admit that the Repubs could not come up with anyone better than Pelosi.
    And Trump . . . How much fentynal was coming across the southern border and "killing our kids" (boo-hoo) in his first two years in office ?? When the Repubs were in charge of the whole she-bang ??
    This country is in the shitter gentlemen !! --- SAWMAN

I actually didn’t get the idea that he was a swamp dweller, really more of a guy who got to DC and quickly realized that we don’t have the manpower to change it. If he really believes what he said last night, then he is definitely /ourguy/, but he’s powerless in DC. He said Reps are “ranked” by number, and it heavily influences how much pull they can get. He said his rank in the House is only #360 something.

Some other points from the night:

Someone asked how we are going to fix social security, he said “we can’t, they stole all that money and it’s gone and they’re never going to give it back. If someone broke into your house ten years ago and stole stuff, what’s the likelihood of you getting it back? That’s what happened.”

He said Republicans in the Congress won’t help us with gun laws because the majority of them still think the 2A is all about burglars and hunting rather than overthrowing a tyrannical government. Said “they’re not going to give you the tools to get rid of them when they’ve given themselves more power than they’re supposed to have.”

He believes term limits, a mandatory balanced budget law and a “single item per bill” policy would solve a ton of problems, but that there is no way that anyone in Congress will support it. He said his discussions with members of Congress about these things are a large part of why he is unpopular.

He also said that if he doesn’t go on TV and radio all the time, that no one will ever pay attention to our area. Said that his Republican colleagues think he goes on TV too much, but he knows that he’s only going to be in office for a short time, and that if he doesn’t go on TV, no one will ever hear from NW Florida at all.

He sure does hate Paul Ryan. Took shots at him several times. Said that Paul Ryan did a lot of damage to Conservatives in the House. Said they couldn’t win on any issue with him, even if they had an advantage.

Also mentioned that the House continues to pass budget bills that have “defund Planned Parenthood” as the first line, and that when they send those bills to the Senate, the very FIRST thing they do is remove that from the bill. Every time.

Said Pelosi is directly responsible for the shut down because she blocks all debate regarding the issues concerning the shut down and forces them to debate unrelated bills. Said last time she had them debating LEO training for Indian Reservations hours before the most recent shut down.

Said the FDA is most responsible for high drug prices in the US because top pharma executives rotate in and out of FDA management positions every few years, and then back to their pharma executive jobs, then back again, over and over.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He also mentioned that recently enough Fentanyl was seized at the border to kill over a third of the US population, and that it is actually a full blown crisis. Said that the Democrats and some Republicans think a wall is immoral, but he believes that without a strong border, you don’t even have a country at all.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After last night, I would definitely vote for him again, if I thought it mattered. It doesn’t sound like it does. We don’t have a party in DC. He said it’s not Democrats vs Republicans anymore. It’s “institutionalists vs reformers”, and the reformers are too small of a minority to make any progress at all, and don’t hold any leadership positions.

Said he got kicked off of one of the committees last year because of his push for a balanced budget bill.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Another thing he mentioned about the Florida legislature is nothing can get done because instead of the Republicans having the majority in the Senate, they actually don’t. He said the Democrats and all of the Miami-Dade area Republicans vote together and so the Republicans in Central, North and NW Florida can’t win. That’s why we keep losing the gun law fight. We can’t pass a single pro-gun bill in our Republican dominated Senate because the Republicans in South Florida won’t support it.

But I’ve told y’all that for years.

Also, from what Gaetz says, we seem to have gotten lucky with DeSantis. Sounds like he is going to be very good for us.
    Unfortunately, again, we have a garbage legislature.

Said that Rick Scott was hard to work with. Got blown off a lot by him and he wasn’t a good friend to Republican requests for Conservative policies. Said he refused a lot stuff Conservative legislators asked of him.

Last edited:

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry for the bombardment of posts but I’m trying to get what was said out to y’all.

Mentioned that our state Supreme Court was extremely leftist before and were frequently overturned by the SCOTUS, and now he believes that since they were all recently replaced, we might have the most Conservative state SC in the country.

Mentioned that he is constantly reminding DeSantis and Scott and other Florida Republican officials that they’re always LOSING their elections up until the NW Florida votes come in, and then they win.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Don't apologize. I appreciate the feedback from the townhall. It's an interesting insight from our congressman.
    Inline with what his emails are like, but seemly more frank.

The glimpse into what daily life is like in DC is revealing. He should spread that info more. It means we all have UN-equal representation, since our congressman isn't afforded the same amount of opportunity as the dug-in ticks from Kommiefornia.

High school popularity drama on a national scale.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I didn't get my # call ether but hung around and got a chance to talk to him out side as he was getting ready to leave , all of what JBryan 314 said was on point. And also got information on how to contact him and his office also directly . if that really matters . Just my 5 cents jj

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Were permitted,concealed carry firearms allowed in the building ?? --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom