• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Benchmade is stupid to have accepted the work. But really not much is needed to destroy guns. A cutting torch or a chop saw will do the job. Claiming specialized equipment being needed is not true.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I can see if the guns were destined to be destroyed, but Benchmade probably should have bowed out. Unless 1. they were the only place that had the equipment to do it (doubtful), or 2. Benchmade was trying to portray an ulterior motive, "when they take your guns, there's Bitchmade knives".
    Who really knows?

* I'm thinking Bitchmade.....

Last edited:

lonesouth

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Living in Tallahassee, I can see a side of this that makes sense. Tallahassee is a blue island in Florida. You practically never see a republican get elected. If you wanted your vote to count for anything, you had to register as a democrat to be able to get counted in a vote of the least offensive. Similarly, if you wanted the least offensive candidate to win, you supported that candidate financially. Putting money behind a republican may appear to support your values, but it doesn't do anything to help you locally and garners no favors after the election. Given the political climate in the NW, I suspect Benchmade has come to the same conclusion. They support the democrat who is 1. least offensive, or 2. inclined to help them once elected. Regardless, they put support behind someone who can win.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I'm not sure why I see nothing wrong with this.
    Local PD...local business that supports the PD. PD calls and says can we use your equipment to destroy some guns that we have to destroy. Business says you are welcome to bring them but we can't allow you to use the equipment for insurance reasons. OH..No Problem...we can watch you do it. Problem solved...especially if you remove the name...if they used Denton Machine Shop to do this for them would there be an issue... Why is it an issue that Benchmade did it. $.02 Outrage Everywhere..smh

Last edited:

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, it's come to light the Benchmade's owner supports the Dems. I guess I won't be buying another knife from them since they're now have been added to the list of companies I won't be supporting.
    I don't like the fact that guns that were used in crimes are destroyed. They can be sold to law abiding citizens and support the local PD for gear/training.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oh no, Benchmade supports the dems! Currently we have Republican in Florida, funded by the NRA, that is trying to get an assault weapons ban passed.... Dems or Republicans, they all suck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Poor social media choices for sure but...who here has a Daniel Defense or a Springfield or any other item that the host company made poor political and business decisions at some point. Should Benchmade have been involved? Nope. The Oregon PD somewhat apologized for the social media post, should Benchmade? Probably. Will I buy a third knife from them? Most likely.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Poor social media choices for sure but...who here has a Daniel Defense or a Springfield or any other item that the host company made poor political and business decisions at some point. Should Benchmade have been involved? Nope. The Oregon PD somewhat apologized for the social media post, should Benchmade? Probably. Will I buy a third knife from them? Most likely.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It seems that nearly every big name company in the industry has been involved in some kind of shenanigans at some point.
    Me, I'm at the point where if the gear is quality and it works, I don't care anymore. Dig deep enough and you'll find skeletons, every time.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can understand the political contributions since they are needed for access to elected politicians. but destroying guns is still a no no. People should have some moral scruples.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Local Police Dept. should sell firearms you say? Won't they need to apply for an FFL to do that and run everything through NICS? Would it be able to make other transfers? Can we just then have weapons sent to our local police dept to transfer it to the new owner?
    I may agree they should be sold to support the Dept...that doesn't mean they can be.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Local Police Dept. should sell firearms you say? Won't they need to apply for an FFL to do that and run everything through NICS? Would it be able to make other transfers? Can we just then have weapons sent to our local police dept to transfer it to the new owner?
    I may agree they should be sold to support the Dept...that doesn't mean they can be.
    i do not know the details but police departments have sold guns in the past. Police departments and cities often have gun buy back programs and buy guns without any paper work so they can get them off the street. I really do not know the law precisely, just that there are ways to do such things.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Y’all should go shopping at Dick’s.
    Or Walmart, or target, or bass pro, or gander, or academy, or Springfield armory, or Daniel Defense, or Rock River, or... the NRA.

If we did not shop at companies that have been against the 2nd amendment in some form we would have to build our weapons out of sticks and rocks....

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Or Walmart, or target, or bass pro, or gander, or academy, or Springfield armory, or Daniel Defense, or Rock River, or... the NRA.

If we did not shop at companies that have been against the 2nd amendment in some form we would have to build our weapons out of sticks and rocks....

Let's not forget Colt, Ruger, and Smith & Wesson.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

It’s no wonder the left acheives their goals and we don’t. Our side is so apathetic. When they eventually implement a full ban, our side will happily turn them in so we can get back to sitting on our asses.

Or we’ll do something equally retarded like bury our guns in the ground to hide them.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I shouldn’t be surprised. All our side ever does is vote Republican every few years and then go back home.

Top Bottom