• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Uhhhhhh . . . you guys just got more money than the rest of us.
    I have had a HiPoint on layaway for 5 months now. --- SAWMAN

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If I have to google your title then that probably means no for me.

I did exactly that. Seems like a nice weapon system, and yes, too pricey for my stables right now.

Nate, you just bragging, or is there some cool development the rest of us can drool over and learn from?
    :)

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'm looking for some old parts.

Retail is admittedly high but they're significantly less expensive on the used market.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Many years ago, at the semi-annual Knob Creek, Ky Machine-gun shoot, a guy was demonstrating/announcing the introduction of the XCR-L. Now that interested me, and I spent some time at his table getting demo of switching bbls/calibers and taking the rifle apart. I don't remember if the guy was the inventor or not. I kept that demo in the back of my mind, and when that model became more available, I ordered my first one.

Go forward a few years and Robinson Armament put on the RA forum a special price on one 7.62x39 conversion kit...I snapped it up. A couple of more years and a local guy was selling his early XCR-L in 5.56 with ammo for an attractive price...I got it. RA announces a 300 Blackout conversion kit...Little Jack's Guns gets one for me. A guy is selling a mostly stripped upper for a good price...I get it. RA does a Black Friday sale, notifying XCR-L owners (don't know if non-owners were as aware of that sale or not) (RA sent me an email)...I got an XCR-L pistol. Another sale, and I got a caliber conversion kit for my pistol. RA announced the XCR-M (bigger calibers)...I got one.

I am a fanboy. I've had one extractor fail (VERY unusual...apparently a flaw in it from the git-go, as it is of a very sturdy design)...RA replaced it no charge. I have spares of many parts, just in case.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Daezee, you don't have any type 0 gas block parts do you?

I got my first one in 2009. I still have it, and have had many other examples. It's kind of my guilty pleasure.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I thought I did, but unable to find it so far. Will look further.

I'm in the hunt for type 0 and original op rods. I want to see how the original setup suppresses with the newer barrels. I'm hoping they'll be a little more tame than what I've tried so far

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nate,

I just emptied everything from my spare parts drawer and containers. I could have sworn I had a type 0 that came with an early XCR-L that had been upgraded to type 1 by the previous owner, but it was not to be found. Oh, no type 0 op rod either.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Thanks for checking. I've got one coming from Bravo and one more guy off the forum might have one available

Top Bottom