• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reel_crazy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Since the federal gov functions by collecting a tax, i am proposing the following rules to all federal elections:

Instead of 1 person 1 vote i am proposing 1 vote per person plus an additional vote for each tax dollar a voter has actually paid in the year previous to the year a particular election is held. I.E. A person who pays no income tax gets 1 vote, a couple filing jointly who paid $10,000.00 the previous year gets their vote counted as 5001 each...

This would require some changes although none are insurmountable. Changing the ballots to include this info could be done using block chain technology, which gives an unalterable ledger of entries..

It seems to me that the folks paying for all that the feds do should have their vote counted as such....

rich

reel_crazy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jim.. i think...this would help..assuming of course the irs knows how much a particular ssn assed up ...i.e. no ssn .. i suppose we could live with 1 vote... billionaires that supposedly pay no income tax... 1 vote.. the way i see it the lobbyists will be taking us out to dinner....

rich

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Used to be no Federal standards for who was eligible to vote and most states required that you own property to be able to vote.

And I'll be the first to admit this would not work with how often they change tax law etc...

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    How about if you don’t pay taxes, you don’t vote?
    Why would you? You have contributed nothing to this country so why should you have a voice in how it’s run?
    That would stop a lot of the nonsense going on.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    AND - - -> building the wall and defense of our southern border.
    Give this a try - - -> tell all the welfare people that from now on,the welfare money will be split between them and the people FLOODING across the border.
    Now, the more people that get in,the less welfare the existing recipients get. We would have all the boarder guards that we need. Right ?? --- SAWMAN

reel_crazy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    TAXATION without REPRESENTATION

This nation was founded primarily on the notion that a government cannot tax those it does not represent. Since the establishment of the welfare state we are now rapidly approaching that scenario. Those of us who are being taxed are having what little representation we have lost to those who pay no taxes. While my initial idea was to propose that only actual taxpayers be allowed to vote, i am sure that would never fly.

This idea levels the playing field back to our founding principle/s. Currently large population centers with millions of low tax and or no tax paying individuals have out-sized representation, which the DEMS are fond of calling the "popular" vote..

rich

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    in a way everyone pays taxes, sales tax on everything we all buy. Some may not pat federal income tax. but if an person comes across the border, "finds" a 20 dollar bill, buys some new shoes, they pay sales tax. in this case the state/local county made revenue, but not the federal govt. I get what your saying Rich, its a vicious web of taxes and laws we choose to negotiate, I sure wish it could be simplified so we all could understand and pay our share. but, keep it complicated, the people wont understand and they will give us what we want in fear of getting locked up...

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One living breathing Citizen (Voter ID preferred) gets one Vote. Just because Jaun, Tran, Vilad, Mohamad or Sumyungfk spends money in the U.S., doesn't mean that money buys them a Vote too. A lot of foreign countries buy in the U.S and pay taxes on it, want them voting?

reel_crazy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What i am referring to is the federal income tax... everyone who has earned and or unearned income pays federal income tax..it is not voluntary and or discretionary ... note that this is the primary source of income for the federal government

The issue i have is that the number of people who end up paying little or no tax versus everyone else. Yes these folks deserve a vote but should their vote count the same as those who are actually funding their benefit/s as well as everything else?..

Again we are talking about federal elections here... where the fed takes our income, income that was earned and or otherwise realized and which the feds take from us involuntarily...

Don't want to pay all the other taxes?... dont spend your hard earned (already taxed) discretionary money... and again; all sales, excise, fees and what not are not what primarily funds the fed gov...

rich

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    There’s a whole lot that would go into this, here’s an example: the south in general and especially nwfl is an economically depressed area. Most of us make less than people in other regions for doing the same thing. That means a dude in California or New York doing my job is gonna have a heavier vote, yes?

I think it’s safe to say we know what people in California and New York will do with more/heavier votes: just look at those two states. Both of which actually pay more into federal taxes than receive in federal funds.

How much, I wonder, does Hillary Clinton make a year? Wonder what her taxes are like? Do we really want her to have a louder voice than ours?

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    ^--- Correct.

Pick a billionaire who wouldn't start paying a metric ton of "taxes" (translation: purchasing power) to buy the elections outright instead of the exhausting schemes...

No thanks. The system is broken enough as it is.

reel_crazy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    actually i think it may work out the opposite... the folks making the money in the high tax states actually were paying less federal tax then the same person doing a similar job in florida and other low tax states at least they were until the 10k limit (should be zero) on the salt deduction..

we are told that billionaires pay little or no federal tax.. so they get their 1 vote...

the issue with ny and california are the sheer number of people, especially in the big cities...and i guarantee that there are not millions of millionaires doing the voting...

I really do not think the average middle, upper middle class worker in those places are more generous than the ones here...the reason ny etc elect democratic senators and large numbers of democratic house members is primarily due to the over representation of low/no income folks ... its the same reason here in florida and is why nelson was able to last as long as he did....

so yes states with large urban centers with numerous better than average paying jobs would perhaps tend to have their wishes count more than rural areas... assuming of course those folks like paying taxes...

The news loves to quote rich and or well to do folks that claim they should be paying more federal taxes .. i have yet to hear of one that says they go ahead and send the irs a donation , and or return their refund each year because it is the right thing to do.

rich

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    ..... you are literally proposing selling votes. One tax dollar for one vote.
    And you honestly believe in that new system, Soros wouldn't suddenly start making business decisions to incur billions in taxes? He wouldn't have to mastermind these Satanic schemes anymore: he would just simply buy his votes directly in the form of increased taxes. Then, once he controlled, again DIRECTLY, who was in charge, he could recoup his "tax losses" in other ways/perks.

No. Your motivation is understandable: those who pay for it should have more say than those who don't. But this isn't the solution.

It would absolutely make the situation worse.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    While we're fantasizing... :eyebrows:
    Agree with only voting if you pay federal income taxes but keep it at only 1 vote per person no matter how much you pay. In addition you must also be a US CITIZEN and must show proof of citizenship such as birth certificate, passport etc. at the polling place, pay property taxes and have a residence in one of the 50 states, you must prove you live in the US 10 months out of 12 for at least the previous 5 years. If you can't prove any of the above items no vote, no provisional ballot bullshit, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out! Oh, and most important of all. If you voted democrat in 2 or more of the last 3 elections you don't get to vote for 3 cycles!!!!!!

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Agree with only voting if you pay federal income taxes but keep it at only 1 vote per person no matter how much you pay. In addition you must also be a US CITIZEN and must show proof of citizenship such as birth certificate, passport etc. at the polling place, pay property taxes and have a residence in one of the 50 states, you must prove you live in the US 10 months out of 12 for at least the previous 5 years. If you can't prove any of the above items no vote, no provisional ballot bullshit, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out! Oh, and most important of all. If you voted democrat in 2 or more of the last 3 elections you don't get to vote for 3 cycles!!!!!!

yep, you are dreaming....

if I am not mistaken, many years ago, you had to be a propertyowner to vote....

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Election day means just that Election DAY, none of this 4, 5 or 6 week voting crap. If you can't make the effort to do it on the day tough! Absentee ballot for military or very few other legitimate VERIFIABLE exceptions, such as some antifa type asshole hit you with a pipe and put you in the hospital because you were wearing a MAGA hat.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Billionaires pay plenty of taxes, a lot more actual dollars than someone like me. But they have the resources to also loop hole and shuffle, shelter and exclude so that the percentages stay low.
    When you have as much money as god, the percentages are the game.

And look up what a NYPD Officer makes and compare it to PPD. Yeah sure rent there is stupid rediculous, but they make more actual money and therefore pay more actual taxes. And as pointed out, there’s a cap now on state tax exemptions.. but while we are at it do we base the votes on taxable income before or after adjustment for deductions? I know some people that bust ass and provide for a family, that get earned income credits. So they get everything paid back plus some. Do they get less vote because their wife can’t work and have kids? What about military, back in my day forward deployed in a combat zone was tax free. That means lower enlisted pays taxes on 5k$ or less on a year they pump out.

SnakeEyes, I don’t always agree or like what you say but you nailed this: we are talking about buying and selling votes. Money=Speech is bad enough,

Top Bottom