DK Firearms

Proposed Florida Ban on Semiautomatic Rifles and Shotguns Initiative (2020)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Here's a scenario to think about:

A group of peace-loving law-abiding gun-owners are in a room and a guy walks in and says "Hey folks, I'm proposing some anti-2A legislation, really broad scope stuff, can you pick it apart and let me know exactly how to word it so I get the most effect, or even what you'd be willing to live with? Thanks! I'll just sit over here and take notes..."

Hmmm. What is an appropriate response? Continue to "debate" the details and make their treasonous actions easier?
    Or how about telling those anti-Constitution SOBs the following:

IMG_1517.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_1517.PNG
      IMG_1517.PNG
      70.2 KB · Views: 300

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It defines semiautomatics in such a way that pump .22s, or even single shots, are semiautomatics. I also read the 10 round requirement as applying only to shotguns. (most will hold 10 rounds if you make them short enough)

a) Assault Weapons - For purposes of this subsection, any semiautomatic rifle or shotgun capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition at once, either in a fixed or detachable magazine, or any other ammunition feeding device. This subsection does not apply to handguns.
    b) Semiautomatic - For purposes of this subsection, any weapon which fires a single projectile or a number of ball shots through a rifled or smooth bore for each single function of the trigger without further manual action required.

Text is one thing deffinitions is another Whats "handgun" "handguns" or "pistols" "assault pistols"! There is always hidden intent. If the entire thing is not killed, it will slowly poison everything. Even if it truly omits something, it doesn't mean it won't be included in implementation as "opinion of intent" : if they banned AW rifles why would they not include the same item in pistol/handgun form. Same way DOJ/ATF has abused the NFA and GCA.

tyfo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If we continue a path of complacency our state will be the next California. Retreating to another gun friendly state is not a viable option as the threat to our wellbeing will ultimately follow. What we need to be doing is armed protest, organized rallies and truly show these people that we will not tolerate tyranny.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm all for lawful protest. Armed protest while CC says nothing. There was an OC event tied into free fishing day last year, I wasn't impressed with what I observed. It is truely the number of protesters and how their message is presented that will make an impact.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am normally not for open arm protest either. Now if they all marched with brown bess muskets and Ken-tucky long rifles that might make some sort of impression and not so alarm the public.
    The sad thing is that there are many people out there that are such sigh lost for words here, I would not want them marching anywhere around with gun in their hands. One ND and it would be a publicity disaster.

tyfo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I might have gotten ahead of myself there with the armed protest and I can see how it could have negative repercussions. I do recall the event last year and thought it was pretty lame. I just think that these people need reminding that they work for us, not the other way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It's a difficult position. How to peacefully remind someone "in power" that they are overstepping their role, without inadvertently giving them a justification to continue overstepping their role?

Calling for "armed protests" on a Gun Forum is not the answer.

I'm not 100% sure what "is", but I know that "isn't".

tyfo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Snake-eyes, I couldn’t agree more, and just to reiterate, I hastily wrote that out of passion for wanting to see our freedoms restored/protected. A peaceful protest with numbers would be adequate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apparently in NJ and CA and as well as Canada there a lot of non-compliance going on. That is certainly not what I want to look forward as being an outlaw.

MAR 2019 issue of the American Rifeman
    Gun Owners Resist Restrictive
    Measures In New Jersey And Canada

there are
    roughly 1.6
    million long guns
    in Quebec. But
    since the registry
    opened, only
    284,125 guns had
    been declared.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think there are 36 States that don't have laws against being armed while lawfully protesting. Like FL where CC & OC laws apply along with Permits. Authorities can impose restrictions, revoke Permits and invoke emergency powers if there is a perceived threat to public safety....
    People can lawfully protest Gov Tyranny.

Far different from an armed uprising or a "Show of Force" by armed civilians.

Pro Firearms protests more often then not fall in a Catch 22. They can take a Million Moms, Million Women, Million Black Man, Million LGBTG and swarm Washington DC, We can't bring a single firearm to DC without becoming a criminal.

While pro gun rallies/protests can expect counter protest groups, there is also great potential for other groups with wider agendas to show up in your ranks. If you have 10K Lawful pro gun mom & pop types and two guys show up in KKK wardrobe waving Confederate Flags or arm band flag waving neo-nazis join you?: what's the media going to focus on? They may be sincerely pro-gun folks but it doesn't help the presentation.

A single ND, intentional shot or another mass shooter could also derail what was good intent. What if antifa idiots start playing tag?
    Just like gun control: the criminal acts of a few will drive punishment upon the innocent.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    It's a difficult position. How to peacefully remind someone "in power" that they are overstepping their role, without inadvertently giving them a justification to continue overstepping their role?

Calling for "armed protests" on a Gun Forum is not the answer.

I'm not 100% sure what "is", but I know that "isn't".

Exactly. It does present its challenges when you are trying to make a point when it comes to protesting against tyranny and any restraints/restrictions against gun ownership and exercising your constitutional rights. The first Amendment does make it clear as it states, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances".

Even if Florida did allow for open carry of firearms, where do you draw the line? Personally, I support open carrying, especially when protesting for my 2nd Amendment right and demonstrating to my government that I am not going to lay down and die to their tyranny. That said, is it a good idea to wage an armed protest? How will it be perceived? Will it be perceived as an armed resurgence and a threat? How can you guarantee that the protest will remain peaceful? Am I really going to get my point across to those whom I am protesting against? There are a lot of factor to weigh.

Think of your actions as playing a game of poker. You can talk all you want and make them think you may be bluffing, but you never show the other players your hand until someone calls. At that time, you lay everything out on the table. That is when you hit them with a harsh reality that you were backing up all of your talk.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Latest on it as of May 9th
    https://floridapolitics.com/archives/296114-assault-weapons-ban-collects-43k-petition-signatures
    A proposed constitutional amendment to ban assault weapons has turned in about 43,000 petition signatures to get on the 2020 ballot.

The amendment, sponsored by Ban Assault Weapons NOW, would ban “semiautomatic rifles and shotguns capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition at once.”

According to the Florida Division of Elections, 42,941 voter petitions have been confirmed as of Thursday afternoon.

Ballot amendments must gather 76,632 petitions to trigger a Florida Supreme Court review and need 766,200 in all in order to make the ballot.

If it makes the 2020 ballot, it would need to earn approval from 60 percent of voters to pass.
    .......................Campaign finance reports also show the committee had raised about $821,000 through the end of March, with much of that cash being directed to petition gathering efforts.

At the beginning of last month, the political committee had about $177,000 in the bank.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fl voters passed restoration of felon voting rights, Pot and gave us a anti-gun DoAg. If it gets on the ballet, ignorant voters will think: machine guns and school shootings.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Florida politicians have made a mockery of the election process.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fl voters passed restoration of felon voting rights, Pot and gave us a anti-gun DoAg. If it gets on the ballet, ignorant voters will think: machine guns and school shootings.

Remington use to sell Remington 7615 Police .223 Maybe they will start making it again.

7606269_01_remington_7615_police_223_640.jpg

Attachments

• 7606269_01_remington_7615_police_223_640.jpg
      7606269_01_remington_7615_police_223_640.jpg
      112.1 KB · Views: 178

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What do you mean Florida voters passed pot?

They approved certain "medical" uses. Everyone knows it's the first step to eventually get to where it's legal for recreational use. Happened in every state that started off as "medical" use! I for one could care less what people want to do with a plant!

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They approved certain "medical" uses. Everyone knows it's the first step to eventually get to where it's legal for recreational use. Happened in every state that started off as "medical" use! I for one could care less what people want to do with a plant!
    There is a very strong push coming from potential investors and people concerned about illnesses that are helped by consuming or smoking medical marijuana. It is claimed that the medical type will not get you a high.

I take a libertarian point of view and would remove the laws prohibiting it and take an anti-libertarian stance to put a tax on it the same way as with cigarettes and liquor.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is a very strong push coming from potential investors and people concerned about illnesses that are helped by consuming or smoking medical marijuana. It is claimed that the medical type will not get you a high.

I take a libertarian point of view and would remove the laws prohibiting it and take an anti-libertarian stance to put a tax on it the same way as with cigarettes and liquor.
    Same here. If they can profit from legal alcohol, same for marijuana!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom