• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Say you have a CCW from FL, what are the rules for transporting a loaded 300 black out AR pistol in the passenger compartment for these states? Can anyone some give link(s) with that information.

Thanks

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    In Fl, it doesn't matter if Loaded or Unloaded, so long as it is securely encased. Doesn't specify ar pistol specifically, just pistol. Not sure about other States.

*** FSS. 790.25 Lawful ownership, possession, and use of firearms and other weapons.—

Last edited:

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If you have a FL CWL, you're allowed to concealed carry a pistol in those states (they are reciprocal), with whatever details that state allows (bar portion of a restaurant or not, etc). Just because that pistol is the size of an SBR, that just means your manner of concealing it is a little more challenging.

If you're talking about leaving it unattended in the vehicle, or in someone else's control, that's a different matter than concealed carry.

Here's a site that might help; scroll down about two-thirds to the dropdowns for each state:

https://www.gunstocarry.com/gun-laws-state

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you have a FL CWL, you're allowed to concealed carry a pistol in those states (they are reciprocal), with whatever details that state allows (bar portion of a restaurant or not, etc). Just because that pistol is the size of an SBR, that just means your manner of concealing it is a little more challenging.

If you're talking about leaving it unattended in the vehicle, or in someone else's control, that's a different matter than concealed carry.

Here's a site that might help; scroll down about two-thirds to the dropdowns for each state:

https://www.gunstocarry.com/gun-laws-state
    Are you saying that I can not leave my gun in a non-occupied vehicle? Often when I enter a no gun allowed area I leave my guns behind in a locked car. So that is a no no? In which states is that the law? For the post office you can not even have a gun in your car if you park on USPS property.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Not what I typed. Not what I meant.
    Regardless, I'm not vulture with lawyer credentials: research for yourself.

No kidding, I saw this picture on another forum, TODAY.
    Not my meme, or exact choice of words, but the point is the same:

"You always have options".

IMG_1500.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1500.JPG
      IMG_1500.JPG
      56.1 KB · Views: 280

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll just address FL Statures. The problem with the topic is combining what could be different topics.

Under the FL Statute licensed legal CC means the weapon IS CONCEALED on your body with minor tolerance if it is observed. It doesn't matter if your walking or driving down the street. If your AR/AK (brace or not) pistol is concealed under a long Duster coat your good to go. Your FL CWFL would not cover a unholstered handgun in your cup holderholder or on the passengers seat. Note: Same applies to persons in FL actively following a FL Hurricane Evacuation order while within the borders of FL and a FL CWFL is not required.

Anyone who can lawfully posses a handgun may have a LOADED handgun within the vehicle (any location) as long as the handgun is encased (closed on all sides: hard/soft gun case, cigar box, paper bag, glove box, center console; an open top door compartment would not qualify) (encased does not require a lock or meet any imaginary 2, 3, or 4 Step process for access to the firearm), OR Snapped in a holster. "Snapped" is not defined. Mechanical metal fastner only or does snap-in kydex/poly holsters qualify? Yes, IMHO. There is no restriction that a handgun "Snapped in a holster" can't be visually observed, you could place it on top of your dashboard or in a cup holder if so inclined.

As mentioned in other Comments, there is some State Reciprocity for those with CC lic/perrmits. Smart CC travelers will stay current on laws/Statutes/definitions of the States they travel to/through. Every CC advisory site will list a cavaet stating the listed information is subject to change without notice and should not be used as a legal advice. If you don't get it from a "State" source: your taking a risk. Yes, it's a PITA to track the current Laws but not as much as sitting in jail, paying legal fees and trying to get your firearm returned.

Last edited:

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Are you saying that I can not leave my gun in a non-occupied vehicle? Often when I enter a no gun allowed area I leave my guns behind in a locked car. So that is a no no? In which states is that the law? For the post office you can not even have a gun in your car if you park on USPS property.

Well, a SMART fella has some good LOCKABLE Concealment Options in his vehicle...;)
    15.jpg

241.png

hidden-gun-safe-hidden-gun-storage.jpg

Attachments

• 15.jpg
      15.jpg
      62.1 KB · Views: 250
    • 241.png
      241.png
      107.7 KB · Views: 240
    • hidden-gun-safe-hidden-gun-storage.jpg
      hidden-gun-safe-hidden-gun-storage.jpg
      34.6 KB · Views: 249

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Looks like some states only allow "handguns". This could be a grey area? Idk. Sounds like it could be up for interpreted differently

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190212-172752.jpg
      Screenshot_20190212-172752.jpg
      111.9 KB · Views: 185

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looks like some states only allow "handguns". This could be a grey area? Idk. Sounds like it could be up for interpreted differently
    The question is does the AR pistol with arm brace qualify as a pistol in those others states?

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

My interpretation is that in the other states I can't carry a billy club, stun gun or other weapon concealed. I have heard it discussed before that Florida has Concealed Weapon License where as Alabama issues a Pistol Permit. Of course my opinion is worth nothing

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The question is does the AR pistol with arm brace qualify as a pistol in those others states?

There is more to it than that. For example, the state of GA requires that you carry inside a holster. Even for pocket carry they require a pocket holster.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is more to it than that. For example, the state of GA requires that you carry inside a holster. Even for pocket carry they require a pocket holster.

I did read this at: https://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/georgias-carry-laws-explained/frequently-asked-questions/

Some years ago did read that a grip for a pistol attached to the belt or similar was needed for Georgia. But Georgia keeps changing laws. Below is what I just copied and pasted. But it is not from an official state of Georgia site.

Method of Carry

Q: Do I need to carry my firearm concealed or may I carry openly?
    A: Under the law, a Georgia Weapons License holder may carry a weapon or long gun openly or concealed in any location that is not off limits. However, should you choose to openly carry a handgun, please be aware of the image you present to the public while doing so. They vote.

Q: Do I have to use a holster?
    A: No

Q: Can I use an ankle or pocket holster?
    A: Yes

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    AL Statues define Pistol as: Any firearm with a barrel less than 12 inches. This and related information is listed in the PDF Link below:
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjABegQICxAE&usg=AOvVaw2CE3lfBt-oDQb9ShVRHWYW

MS Code § 45-9-101 (2013) basically says a Licensee can carry a "concealable pistol or revolver". In 2016 MS became a Constitutional Carry State, eliminating the requirement for a Licenses to conceal carry a weapon.

MS Weapons (PDF) link below:
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAKegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3LCdG3ZUTc79rhpBArTIjC

GA definition from State source link below. GA Code 11-16-129 says a person with weapons license may carry ANY WEAPON in any County! On this Link, you can open other relevant Sections.

https://advance.lexis.com/documentp...kkk&prid=b4161b4d-549d-4c43-8726-ab944945e1a9

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Latest posts

Top Bottom