• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Couldn't pass it up. Had to have it. Is there a certain ammo these guns like to cycle or will they eat anything? Don't have any experience with this caliber

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Old ones had a frame cracking issue, not sure when that stopped.

32 Silvertips were the thing when it came out, but I'd look into any quality JHP or just look for a hot FMJ round as it's only 32.

Far better than harsh language or the 1911 you left at home. ;)

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    32fmj meets FBI penetration depths.
    I don’t think any of the HP’s do,

Internet knowledge says fiocchi and s&b are hotter in 32&380. Fiocchi is probably easier to find, but I’ve had good luck shooting Aguilar 32 from academy.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Old ones had a frame cracking issue, not sure when that stopped.

32 Silvertips were the thing when it came out, but I'd look into any quality JHP or just look for a hot FMJ round as it's only 32.

Far better than harsh language or the 1911 you left at home. ;)
    Frame cracking issue with hot rounds? Where do they crack? I'll have to inspect. Thought I looked it over good. Hope I didn't miss it

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yeah . . . . If I stab you in the chest with my Gerber MK1 it meets or exceeds the "FBI penetration depths" also.
    "Hotter" . . . personally,I would pick my EDC or BUG ammo by bullet design rather than bullet speed. Granted . . . each will help the other. But #1 would be bullet design and performance history . . . as in XTP,Gold Dot,and others.
    But - - -> carry that 32 in your pocket instead of just lint. --- SAWMAN

FelixH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Try a few and see if your gun is more reliable with one brand over another.
    With my little P32, it seems I get the most reliability with Cor-Bon.
    Some other brands of hollow points have resulted in fail-to-feed.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I've been doing some reading and some recommend fmj over hollows. Even for 380. I won't be carrying this gun. I have a Springfield I keep in my pocket. It's real small. Thought my girlfriend might want it but slide is really stiff for such a small gun

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    With .32's the overall length of silver tips and many other expanding loads is shorter since they use lighter bullets that are shorter. The .32 ACP has a rim lock issue when short rounds are used in a magazine that was designed for the longer length FMJ rounds. Guns like the seecamp have specifications for the right ammo mentioned in the ownership literature.
    In smaller calibers relative to projectiles I prefer the FMJ for max penetration. The .32, .25, and .22's work best when fired directly into a face regardless of the projectile and what is most important is to get 100% reliability first. So pick your ammo based on what functions best in your gun.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I've been doing some reading and some recommend fmj over hollows. Even for 380. I won't be carrying this gun. I have a Springfield I keep in my pocket. It's real small. Thought my girlfriend might want it but slide is really stiff for such a small gun

I don’t think she’s ever have to operate the slide except breaking it down to clean. Insert loaded mag, tip up barrel and insert loose round into chamber.

Yeah . . . . If I stab you in the chest with my Gerber MK1 it meets or exceeds the "FBI penetration depths" also.
    "Hotter" . . . personally,I would pick my EDC or BUG ammo by bullet design rather than bullet speed. Granted . . . each will help the other. But #1 would be bullet design and performance history . . . as in XTP,Gold Dot,and others.
    But - - -> carry that 32 in your pocket instead of just lint. --- SAWMAN

No it won’t, FBI wants 12” minimum.
    But I do agree with you on the rest. In .32 and 380 acp, bullet design is imo crucial: fmj penetrates further than hollow points. I’d rather punch a 18” hole than a 8” hole, regardless of caliber. In 9mm and above(and some 38’special), we don’t have to choose between penetration and expansion. In the little mouse guns, we do. Hell, I know some people that carry full wad cutters in snubs. I get it: I want to be able to reach the heart regardless of what their jacket is made of or what position they’re in.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The FBI came up with that "magic" 12 inch figure some time ago. As I recall it was before the solid copper projectiles were even a gleam in the ballistic "experts" eyes.
    Understandably,their 12 inch figure had to do with at what angle the bullet entered at. Taking the 8 inch figure,I do believe while not optimum, it is pretty much enough. I mean . . . how deep are your vital organs in your body ?? In a perfect world . . and all that . . . . .
    Also for me,the people that have trained me,my real world expierances, and the people that I have trained in the past,there is just no such thing as shoot one and look. IOW - - - > the terminal energy of a 32,380,or a 38Special 148gr full wadcutter,MULTIPLIED BY 3 IS . . . ?? --- SAWMAN

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There's also one other thing to consider about .32acp/7.65 Browning,
    the fact that some grain bullets work better than others in a particular gun...

I've got a pistol that anything over 65-grains causes FTE/stovepipes.
    Doesn't matter if it's 7.65 Browning or .32acp, going heavy means headaches.
    But the lighter grain offerings cycle quite nicely!

For those that didn't know, 7.65mm Browning & .32ACP are mostly interchangable.
    Although there is the occasional .32acp that can't chamber 7.65 Browning...
    European 7.65 Browning ammo tends to be slightly hotter than the American .32ACP loadings.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There's also one other thing to consider about .32acp/7.65 Browning,
    the fact that some grain bullets work better than others in a particular gun...

I've got a pistol that anything over 65-grains causes FTE/stovepipes.
    Doesn't matter if it's 7.65 Browning or .32acp, going heavy means headaches.
    But the lighter grain offerings cycle quite nicely!

For those that didn't know, 7.65mm Browning & .32ACP are mostly interchangable.
    Although there is the occasional .32acp that can't chamber 7.65 Browning...
    European 7.65 Browning ammo tends to be slightly hotter than the American .32ACP loadings.

I have noticed that the european and other overseas loadings often on paper are listed as being loaded for the 71 grain bullet at higher velocities then the american counterparts and I often try to buy such at gunshows. 32 ACP and 7.65 Browning are supposed to be names for the same thing. What I do not know is if the SAMMI specs are different from what is used in parts of europe: Commission Internationale Permanente pour l'Epreuve des Armes à Feu Portatives or C.I.P. As already mentioned the overall length of the 71 fmj loads have greater overall length than the lighter bullet expanding loads in the USA.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    C.I.P loads are somewhat hotter in 9mm,7.62X51,and 5.56X45. Others most likely also. Some of the case deminsions are very slightly different,most,not enough to make a difference depending on what chamber your gun has.
    I really do not know when the CIP standards came along but I am sure that they have not been used "forever". --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    C.I.P loads are somewhat hotter in 9mm,7.62X51,and 5.56X45. Others most likely also. Some of the case deminsions are very slightly different,most,not enough to make a difference depending on what chamber your gun has.
    I really do not know when the CIP standards came along but I am sure that they have not been used "forever". --- SAWMAN
    I have not checked specs for each, but I know that we have lawyers that will sue over anything. Do SAMMI spec specify a minimum velocity and pressure. I know they specify the maximums. I have never heard of anyone suing because there bullets bounced off of someone's skull due to being under loaded which has been reported at times with some of the older breakopen revovler loads. The .41 rimfire derringer load was also very weak.
    130 gr (8 g) Lead 425 ft/s (130 m/s) 52 ft⋅lbf (71 J)
    41_Short_Rimfire_ammunition_box.jpg

Attachments

• 41_Short_Rimfire_ammunition_box.jpg
      41_Short_Rimfire_ammunition_box.jpg
      425.2 KB · Views: 125

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

butre

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    any ball ammo will be fine. if you prefer hollow points in your mouse guns hornady xtp feeds in pretty much everything

Top Bottom