• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Anyone going ? Am thinking about it as I've got some collector guns to sell .

polebarn

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Leon County passed a "gun show" ordinance. FYI

"As approved, the ordinance will require a background check on all gun sales that happen in public spaces, like gun shows or garage sales. It also requires a three day waiting period on those sales; the ordinance originally said five days, but the group moved to lower that number."

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Guess if someone wants something I got we'll have to find a local FFL that'll do a transfer ? I'll split the costs with a buyer no problem . You aint gonna see stuff I got very often .

DGladden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Guess if someone wants something I got we'll have to find a local FFL that'll do a transfer ? I'll split the costs with a buyer no problem . You aint gonna see stuff I got very often .
    Wouldn't happen to have a Savage Striker would you? LoL

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

DGladden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I didn't figure. I have one in .308 and would like to pick up more. I might make the trip over to Tallahassee this weekend just to look around. I don't think we'll have a show in Panama City any time soon. The fairgrounds got pretty messed up from Michael.

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've decided to pass on Tallahassee show as it's more crap than I want to deal with & nobody can give me good intel . Big show in Birmingham / Hoover , AL this weekend . Gonna hit that as should be more looking for collector stuff , plus I've done business with a bunch of FFL's there over the years if transfers are needed .

DGladden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I've never been to the FWB show, but I've heard people say it wasn't worth the trip.

polebarn

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've decided to pass on Tallahassee show as it's more crap than I want to deal with & nobody can give me good intel . Big show in Birmingham / Hoover , AL this weekend . Gonna hit that as should be more looking for collector stuff , plus I've done business with a bunch of FFL's there over the years if transfers are needed .

Sorry you're not coming, but to be fair the Ordinance itself was posted in your intro thread. Ain't better intel than that but the law is bullshit. Show is usually crap anyway. Good luck in B'ham!

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sorry hadn't checked my thread on that forum yet today but will . Figured B'ham was my best shot this weekend , Robertsdale , FWB & Milton shows . Whats left probably going to GB or Auction Arms .

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    The guns you have for sale are vintage Smith and Wessons aren’t they?
    I would think you would have the best chance of selling them on Smith-Wessonforum.com
    That’s where the collectors hang out.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Leon County passed a "gun show" ordinance. FYI

"As approved, the ordinance will require a background check on all gun sales that happen in public spaces, like gun shows or garage sales. It also requires a three day waiting period on those sales; the ordinance originally said five days, but the group moved to lower that number."

Does the 3 day wait period include everyone or are CWP holders exempt? Just curious.

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    B'ham show wasn't that good small , same overpriced items we see here etc, sold 1 gun & bought 1 . The AGCA show is end of March , it's the big one with bunches of nice guns & private sellers . Yes S&W forum you can sell a bunch . Sold 13 there earlier , camera went south & my phone don't take that good of pics . All that said my experience has been Gunbroker with well written narative detailing any & all issues & lots of detailed pics of the gun gets the best prices .

Top Bottom