• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmixs10

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I live in a pretty good neighborhood and have two dogs that I walk just about everyday. Rather, they walk me. I only take one at a time in case we are attacked. I carry an extendable baton, a benchmade and a .22 mag.

Once a loose boxer bulldog was running toward us. The sound of the baton being extended made the boxer stop and turn tail. It also scared my dog, who slipped his collar and ran the opposite direction. I now use choke collars on walks.

Didn't know the boxer's intention, but I let it know mine.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have two different expandable batons. Both are the ASP brand. This is the ONLY brand that I would reccomend to any "serious" EB buyer. They will repeatedly win all smash togethers . . . as in sword fighting tests.
    The small one stays by the back door and the large one stays by the front door,and always goes with me when I go out to get the mail or the paper.
    I was "oficially" trained with the larger of the two by a buddy when he used to work for ASP. The training is/was extremely useful in that you NEVER just swing away with it. There are certain strike points on a human,and you should follow them closely. The main thing the trainers stress is that you NEVER,strike the head,neck,and spine. But it seems to go unsaid . . . that,depending on the circumstances.
    When deployed properly the ASP can easily become a deadly weapon if you strike at the wrong points. Striking the major muscle groups properly will be a quick game changer as will the bones of the forearm and lower leg.
    These are my two. The larger one has three sections. It is 10.25" closed and 25.75" open. It weighs 25ozs.
    The smaller one has two sections. It is 6.25" closed and 15.5" open. It weighs 15.5ozs.
    They both deploy quickly with a quick swing of the arm and snap of the wrist. They stay opened solidly without ANY play in the sections whatsoever. They retract with a hard bang on an extremely hard surface like concrete. ---- SAWMAN

Attachments

• 20190129_072315.jpg
      20190129_072315.jpg
      370.9 KB · Views: 155
    • 20190129_072151.jpg
      20190129_072151.jpg
      412.3 KB · Views: 151

bjstone193

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I employ the same tactics with aggressive dogs as law enforcement does towards someone who points
    a gun at them. I'm not gambling with an animal that has the potential to harm me, or anyone I care about.
    So, control your damn dog. Especially if it's an aggressive one! Police officers should understand this better
    Than anyone.

762x54

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

Mark Twain

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Have we also noticed the new trend of the bigger stores allowing dogs on leash into the store. I am talking NON working dogs. Basically,just any dog.
    Most dogs in stores now are the larger breeds. Some of the owners simply refuse to close heel the dog,but allow it to get quite a way away from them.
    To me,this is just a accident waiting to happen. Do we have NO laws that control this ?? --- SAWMAN

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

Mark Twain

I shall steal this and post it on other forums...good one. and true

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a politician.

Great quote but had to tweak it a little bit!

bjstone193

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm Sure SAWMAN is right. There'll be a select few who choose not to control their pet, and Screw up a Good thing for everyone else. It's only a matter of time until some irresponsible asshole allows their dog to Create a problem, and stores find themselves facing a lawsuit because they tried being accommodating To people with pets. Some people are just plain stupid! I wanna know why we've outlawed hate and not
    Stupidity?

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Stupid like the woman in the PCB Wally with her dog laying on a towel in her cart. As she wentvtrough check out she pulled the towel from under the dog, handed it to the Cashier saying I don't want this. The Cashier was as astounded as I was but didn't say anything. I did! I asked her if she would buy a towel that was previously under some flea bag, mangy unkept dogs ass? Shecsaid her dog is clean. I said Thats not the point. She huffed off saying people should wash new towels. Unf**kingbelievable!!!

bjstone193

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lol..im tellin ya, it needs to be outlawed. However, if they outlawed
    stupidity Walmart would go out of business. Lol

Top Bottom