• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • olecarver

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As title says in search of 7.62x39 wooden training bullets...… Interested in a few or mabe more depends on going rate..... And yes I know they will save the children next door. LoL If priced right would pay cash or trade out on some I have you may need. That also depends on what type you select that I may have.... If none in our forum. Interested in advise as to who sells them ,,,,Thanks much olecarver

olecarver

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I haven't seen them advertised since 07(+-), Sportsmans Guide had them. Might be "collector prices" if you find some. Good luck on your search.

No luck there. Was a interesting search. Have not ordered from them in quite a spell. Still a good deal with Sportsmans Guide on some of there stock, Thanks partner maybe some of the forum members may have a few laying up, Not looking to shoot them just show an tell with a old firearm, Thanks olecarver

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Planning on hunting Vampires? I love this forum, I didn't even know such a thing was real as wooden bullets. After reading this thread, I had to google it. I love learning new stuff.

olecarver

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    With a wood lathe or dowel spun in a drill you could make a few.

This idea has me thinking on turning a dozen down to .307 or so then spray them with powder coat an bake,,mabe 2 coats an just play to see what they could do at 25,- 50 yrd and so,, If they would even stay true after sizing them with powder coat on them, ?????? SAWMAN has this been tried yet?
    jj ny of our seasoned loaders done this to the 7.62x39 yet???

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Depending on the wood used, oven heating may change the dimensions. Is the intent of coating the projectiles being done to reduce/eliminate potential ignition at the heel? I would test/inspect recovered projectiles/remnants after firing into a soft catch medium. I don't think I would powder coat non display rounds if it wasn't necessary.

Hardwood types would offer better odds of bullet integrity upon firing. I don't know about hardwood dowel availability but you could use a wood plug cutter bits for initial cut then reduce diameter as needed.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom