• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    anyone have any success using a brass catcher on the side of your rifle? I (like everyone) am look to spend less time picking up brass. I've googles this, but some of the things (bags) and what not seem like a real pain in the butt to use. Whats your experience? especially, with the .22 brass.... so small for the roll wire things, I' currently use a kitty litter scoop... works, but... still sucks...

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Interested to see what pops up too Jim. I saw an older gentleman on the range with one he rigged out of what looked like a large fine mesh bait net with a collapsible handle on a base. He left before I could get over and ask about it.

Found one interesting ready made one, but I am too cheap to go this route:
    https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/9...MI_Z-S0_j63wIV0LjACh1WhApJEAQYAyABEgJBt_D_BwE

A DIY one I found seems more my speed:
    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/firing-line/76580-10-minute-diy-brass-catcher.html

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have this version and the version with a the pic rail attachment. The pic rail version works very well after you get the inside of the opening fabric worked out. When I first got it keep wanting to bunch up and cut the opening where the brass enters it almost in half. This caused brass to get caught between the receiver and the catcher itself. But a couple minutes working the fabric of bag and it has stayed in place since and works great. I use it for my 9/10/15 AR's.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    anyone have any success using a brass catcher on the side of your rifle? I (like everyone) am look to spend less time picking up brass. I've googles this, but some of the things (bags) and what not seem like a real pain in the butt to use. Whats your experience? especially, with the .22 brass.... so small for the roll wire things, I' currently use a kitty litter scoop... works, but... still sucks...

I use this one on the side of the machine gun and works great.

https://www.amazon.com/Caldwell-Resistant-Convenient-Picatinny-Collection/dp/B00EB5OU0Q/

Also have this one you can set it up on a table or on a tripod.

https://www.amazon.com/Caldwell-122560-Brass-Trap/dp/B00EB5OU06/

They both work pretty well. Daezee probably using the second that I own more that I do. LOL

Last edited:

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I use that same Caldwell. I have 2 of the mounts and 1 bag. I use it for my LC 300BLK and the LC cases I use in my DMR

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I ordered a bag for about 8 bucks off amazon. I'll see next week if it works or not..... Those .22's are hard to pick up...

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Here is a pic of the one that can be mounted to a Tri-Pod.

9QfEw7j.jpg

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I shoot handguns more than rifles and they don’t seem to throw the brass in the same place every time.
    It would be hard to do this at the range but when I’m shooting at my hunting camp, I just spread out one of those cheap blue 8’x10’ tarps for the brass to land on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom