• FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Joeinfl

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm also a member of ERGC and have been since we moved here two years ago. Very friendly club. I'm also a member of NRA, I consider them my voice against anti gun folks. Are they perfect, of course not, what agency is, do they continue the fight for my rights to possess firearms, you bet they do. Ask any anti gun person who their biggest enemy is and the answer will be the NRA. Works for me.

Sandspur6

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After the passage of the AWB, the NRA went to war, motivating their membership base. As a result, the Democrats lost BOTH houses of Congress in the next mid-term election. It was a long time before they tried to pass any more anti-gun legislation. When Obama was first elected in 2008, he tried to interest Pelosi, et al. in trying to pass some anti gun bills and was turned down flat. In more recent years, they have once again began to beat the gun control drum. And, once again, the NRA will be in the forefront of the effort to insure that any legislator who gets on the gun control bandwagon pays a heavy price for so doing. The Dems have now taken back the House of Representatives and are feeling empowered. We are in for the hardest 2A fight that we have had in several years and we have ALL got to stand together to protect our rights. Any and all pro-gun groups and organizations are needed and welcome to join in the fight, but the NRA is the one that has the best chance of impressing on the politicians the fact that a price will be payed for unwise votes.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    joeinFL and Sandspur have the got facts in the correct perspective.

Trumps greatest service to the 2nd amendment may very well be his supreme court appointments. I certainly hope they do the right thing in the future. Politicians even when they promise often do not.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Great . . . wish it were that easy.
    As on this forum and others,we have some members that do not belong to ANY pro gun,pro shooting,pro concealed carry,pro hunting groups whatsoever.
    We also have overt and covert Dems/ libs that wont vote for anti gun stuff,but they simply will not vote. What percentage . . . ?? . . . I suspect much higher than we all know or could even come close to guessing.
    Meanwhile the rest of us carry them. Kinda like welfare. Some . . . pay for the rest.
    Fucking shameful !! --- SAWMAN

JSC

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good evening gentlemen. I’m the current president of the ERGC and NRA membership is not a requirement. Lots of great things have been happening at the range recently. We have a new steel challenge match starting up on the second Saturday of the month and that combined it all the other disciplines, the range offers something for just about everyone. We recently purchased additional acreage and will be pushing out to 500 yards. I invite everyone to come out and join us in a match or investigate the range.

Plinker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for posting here Jeff!

Club meetings are first tuesday night of the month at 6:30 in the building behind Cokesberry Church on 9th ave across from College.

Visitors welcome!

More changes coming for ERGC!

0C4587F7-6198-400A-BE0C-80FFF8C32615.jpeg

Attachments

• 0C4587F7-6198-400A-BE0C-80FFF8C32615.jpeg
      0C4587F7-6198-400A-BE0C-80FFF8C32615.jpeg
      48.9 KB · Views: 356
    Last edited:

Plinker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My understanding that they do have 3 month and 6 month memberships to reduce cost for those that are occasional shooters.

I can see that for hunters that are interested in working up a special load or sighting in their hunting rifle and not interested in blasting out ammo week after week. (Guilty,,,)

Or perhaps those folks that absolutely don’t shoot in the cold of winter or heat of summer.

A nice touch I think.

Plinker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I miss Jimmy Barnett and Gateswood.
    Building is still sitting vacant. --- SAWMAN

Me too Bill.

Remember his brother Charlie that stayed over in the gun section?

I ran into him at a chicken swap meet over in Elsinore. Bought a Silver Laced Blue Wyandote chick from him that grew into a lovely girl.

46E7C79F-0BDE-4853-94AA-92D57658DCD9.jpeg

Dadgum fox got her and I somehow had time to get my .17hmr running to zap him in the back field as it was pullin out her feathers.

Forgive me for hijack please.

Attachments

• 46E7C79F-0BDE-4853-94AA-92D57658DCD9.jpeg
      46E7C79F-0BDE-4853-94AA-92D57658DCD9.jpeg
      131.2 KB · Views: 375
    Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Me too Bill.

Remember his brother Charlie that stayed over in the gun section?

I ran into him at a chicken swap meet over in Elsinore. Bought a Silver Laced Blue Wyandote chick from him that grew into a lovely girl.

View attachment 70953

Dadgum fox got her and I somehow had time to get my .17hmr running to zap him in the back field as it was pullin out her feathers.

Forgive me for hijack please.

I do not remember Charlie, but I remember his wife and recall other people working there. His wife was married to someone else at the club and then was married to him. I never really hung out there.

That bird in the picture is real pretty. If you keep chickens you must take measures to protect them.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I still see one of his daughters all the time. One works at Publix and one at Academy. They are twins.
    Loved the smell of them couple million grasshoppers when you first walked in the door. --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom