• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Everybody needs to remember, just because they're a Republican does not necessarily make them pro gun. Most of our thoughts seem to be if they are a repub we don't need to bother to check them out. Wrong answer! I imagine there's democrats that aren't anti gun.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have no idea if the push for an AWB here in FL will pass or come close but it is scary. I'm beginning to wonder if FL needs to be divided into north and south due to huge differences in politics and demographics. I'm hoping that they shut that AWB shit down and quickly!!

It's going to happen sooner or later but I think the dividing line will be further north than what you think.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeCorrado View Post
    I have no idea if the push for an AWB here in FL will pass or come close but it is scary. I'm beginning to wonder if FL needs to be divided into north and south due to huge differences in politics and demographics. I'm hoping that they shut that AWB shit down and quickly!!
    It's going to happen sooner or later but I think the dividing line will be further north than what you think.
    Perhaps all of the counties on central time join AL.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I imagine there's democrats that aren't anti gun.

FINALLY somebody gets it!

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The scary part about this law is it's not just an Assault Weapons Ban, it bans a lot of very popular semi-auto rifles like the Marlin 60 and the 10/22 and makes owning them a 3rd degree felony.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2019/02/luis-valdes/the-truth-about-floridas-proposed-semi-auto-rifle-ban/?utm_source=wideopen&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=wideopen&utm_content=%5B%5Brssitem_title%5D%5D

Does this assault weapons ban have a house or senate bill number. Exactly where is it relative to legislative committee or legislative legal process.
    Edit: it is still a possible amendment for 2020
    The Florida legislature had just voted down an assault-weapons ban, and the editorial outlined how Floridians could circumvent politicians and ban assault weapons using a ballot initiative to amend the state constitution. Schwartz owns an insurance agency—she is not a professional community organizer. But she thought the article was speaking to her. “I wanted to bring about some positive change, so that the victims did not die in vain,” she said. So she got started.
    So this is for 2020.

Last edited:

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    pelosi, all but threatened that today... something like "A Democrat President can see gun violence as a National Emergency" Not word for word, but. it's coming..... They were taking about Trump calling the southern boarder a National Emergency....

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just heard that the bill that just passed in the US House contained $75 million for H.R.8 (Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2019), hmmm...

DFSgunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Just heard that the bill that just passed in the US House contained $75 million for H.R.8 (Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2019), hmmm...
    Are you referring to the govt funding bill that is awaiting Trumps sig?

Sent from my Z839 using Tapatalk

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Where did you read that. I read it just passed a committee.
    house judiciary committee passes bipartisan background checks act ...
    https://judiciary.house.gov/.../house-judiciary-committee-passes-bipartisan-backgroun...

1 day ago - BACKGROUND: Under current law, background checks are conducted by licensed gun dealers only. Unlicensed sellers do not have to conduct a background check, even if the seller sells a large number of guns. ... Read Chairman Nadler's full statement on H.R. 8, the Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2019 here

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Watching the proceedings on LiveStream I heard a Dem congressman from CT say it about 45 minutes ago on the House floor during his 60 seconds of talk time.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    H.R. 1112 Enhanced Background Checks Passed Committee Vote on the 13th. It supposedly closes the "Charleston Loophole" (factually proven and documented as a NICS screwup). Kills the post three day option that a FFL may complete the transaction without Approval. Initial period extended to 10 days, if still no response the person being checked can "Petition the AG"; after another 10 (20 total) days the FFL may complete the transaction. Remember the fight last time to limit the NICS delay to three days because of the potential for Gov abuse! The NRA has been so beat up by both Pro and Anti gun folks I don't know if there is any fight left in the NRA.

H.R. 8 is what we all know as Universal Background Checks with few exemptions. Every common private transfer will require a FFL & Fee plus NICS & Fee and the potentially up to a 20 day wait before it becomes a judgment call fot the FFL if he wants to complete/ deliver the firearm. It also puts every common firearm transfer on a Fed Form available to LE anytime and ultimately transcribed into a Federal Records Repository.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Watching the proceedings on LiveStream I heard a Dem congressman from CT say it about 45 minutes ago on the House floor during his 60 seconds of talk time.

If it has passed the house I hope it has a much harder time in the senate relative the background ck law. (H.R.8 (Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2019))

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeCorrado View Post

Perhaps all of the counties on central time join AL.

I'm good with that. Everything in Alabama is cheaper than in Florida so that will offset the Alabama income tax to a degree anyway.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If it has passed the house...

Well I haven't seen anything new on HR8 today so I must of been mistaken as to what the congressman was referring to. I had been watching the chamber during the spending bill vote, and after it was over moved on to another open tab as he and others were giving one minute speeches on the floor after the voting ended before Pelosi gave her little speech.

I was only half listening to the audio when I heard someone speaking of "kids and gun violence and that the $75 million for HR8 would help save 40K 'precious lives' a year". That got my attention, and in hearing it I thought he meant it was included in the spending bill that had just passed. But he must of only been speaking of what they had passed out of committee.

My apologies, I would never knowingly spread fake news, especially fake bad news.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don’t worry. The Florida legislature has already been filled with a large number of anti-gun Republicans. We already can’t get pro-gun bills out of the committees and now zero of them are being filed. The Democrats have set to work filing a bunch of anti-gun bills. Within the next couple of years, they’ll start getting them passed and on the Governor’s desk, where I’m sure he’ll sign the occasional “common sense” bill, and the Republican voters will jump right in to tell everyone about how we don’t really need those things that are banned.

I mean, do you really NEED laser sights, or scopes, or 30 round magazines, or trigger upgrades, or slings, or heat shields, or forward grips?

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm good with that. Everything in Alabama is cheaper than in Florida so that will offset the Alabama income tax to a degree anyway.

Yeah a lot of things are cheaper just to the north. What's going to offset the 9-10% sales tax on everything....including food and medicine? Careful what you wish for.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "Careful what you wish for"

Well, that's what keeps me in trouble most of the time anyway.

Top Bottom