• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pro-gun bills can not make it out of Senate committee in Florida. The Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee have been siding with the Democrats for several years now, and they constitute a 6-3 anti-gun majority in that committee. They have killed every single pro-gun bill that has been presented and they will continue to do so.

I would say that anti-gun bills will all be vetoed by our Republican Governor, but that’s not necessarily true, since our last one signed a really bad one just last year, and was supported by a lot of Republican voters in doing it.

Florida is no longer the “Gunshine State” at all. We are not likely to pass a single pro-gun bill for many years.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Looks like there is a little bit of light for us. New York gun case has made it to the supreme Court. It could be just good for New Yorkers but maybe will help us all out

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looks like there is a little bit of light for us. New York gun case has made it to the supreme Court. It could be just good for New Yorkers but maybe will help us all out

Not going to change too much for us. Our Republican legislature is still not going to allow any pro-gun bills to hit the floor. In the Senate, they’re not even going to introduce any. Only two years ago, Republicans in the Senate introduced something like a dozen or so pro-gun bills, and not a single one was signed into law. Now they’re not even trying. This year is the first year in at least the last ten years that there are more anti-gun bills being introduced in the Senate than pro-gun bills. It’s because anti-gun bills are have a slightly better chance of hitting the floor than pro-gun bills do.

One major reason for this is that Republican voters in Florida never do anything to advance their rights. All they do is show up on Election Day and vote R, and then go back home. When Rick Scott signed the bill to block teachers from carrying, raise the buying age to 21 and impose waiting periods, Republicans in the state sat on their hands and mumbled “Well, he had to do something.” So this is what we get. Now we have a Democrat Agriculture commissioner. I’m willing to bet that most Republicans in the state don’t even know why that’s relevant.

Heck, you’ve even got a whole bunch of Republicans in this state who still think open carry is a bad thing. I’m starting to think that Florida Republicans don’t actually fall into any sort of “pro-gun” category at all. NW Florida is the only politically viable region in Florida useful to advancing our gun rights, but it’s been politically ineffective for at least the last 6-8 years.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, you gotta vote for who can win. No vote is a vote for the other side. As long as it doesn't effect me and what I like, what do I care? I have no use for ____, so couldn't care less what happens with them. It'll never happen. Will never happen in my lifetime. Call and write your representatives. :rolleyes:

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, you gotta vote for who can win. No vote is a vote for the other side. As long as it doesn't effect me and what I like, what do I care? I have no use for ____, so couldn't care less what happens with them. It'll never happen. Will never happen in my lifetime. Call and write your representatives. :rolleyes:

You’ve got it covered. That is NW Florida right there. They’re not pro-gun at all. They’re just pro-Republican Party.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not going to change too much for us. Our Republican legislature is still not going to allow any pro-gun bills to hit the floor. In the Senate, they’re not even going to introduce any. Only two years ago, Republicans in the Senate introduced something like a dozen or so pro-gun bills, and not a single one was signed into law. Now they’re not even trying. This year is the first year in at least the last ten years that there are more anti-gun bills being introduced in the Senate than pro-gun bills. It’s because anti-gun bills are have a slightly better chance of hitting the floor than pro-gun bills do.

One major reason for this is that Republican voters in Florida never do anything to advance their rights. All they do is show up on Election Day and vote R, and then go back home. When Rick Scott signed the bill to block teachers from carrying, raise the buying age to 21 and impose waiting periods, Republicans in the state sat on their hands and mumbled “Well, he had to do something.” So this is what we get. Now we have a Democrat Agriculture commissioner. I’m willing to bet that most Republicans in the state don’t even know why that’s relevant.

Heck, you’ve even got a whole bunch of Republicans in this state who still think open carry is a bad thing. I’m starting to think that Florida Republicans don’t actually fall into any sort of “pro-gun” category at all. NW Florida is the only politically viable region in Florida useful to advancing our gun rights, but it’s been politically ineffective for at least the last 6-8 years.
    I thought the CCW licenses had been transferred to another office. But I checked their webpage and it still seems to be under the Agricultural depart. She, the new head of it, got in because of the pro-marijuana vote since she was part of that lobby.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I thought the CCW licenses had been transferred to another office. But I checked their webpage and it still seems to be under the Agricultural depart. She, the new head of it, got in because of the pro-marijuana vote since she was part of that lobby.

As far as I know, there are no plans to move firearm licensure to another office. It doesn’t matter a lot though. I plan to carry whether the state allows me to or not. But what’s worse than having a Democrat run the Ag Department is having a legislature full of Republicans who are anti-gun and anti-2A. Unfortunately, we have all of that.

Every state election that passes, we end up with more anti-gun people in our legislature. The Senate President and President Pro-Tem are both anti-gun Republicans and the Speaker of the Florida House is anti-gun as well. We are very quickly losing our ability to pass any pro-gun legislation, and the next step is losing our ability to stop anti-gun legislation from passing. We may already have lost it.

There is no pro-gun party in the US.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You’ve got it covered. That is NW Florida right there. They’re not pro-gun at all. They’re just pro-Republican Party.

It's beyond political parties. Fear and impotence are major factors. Quiet Comrade! The authorities might hear.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    some day I want to travel to Miami just to see what its like there. I've never been there.

I've worked a lot down there. It's crowded, takes a lot of time to get anywhere and you will run across lots of folks that can't (or won't) speak English. On the other hand there are worlds of good eats there. Never saw an Argentinian or Peruvian steakhouse (both good) till I got there. Plenty of neat things to see and do. The coral castle was cool. I've seen on TV where folks claim he learned the secrets of the Egyptians or the aliens and could levitate huge stones. Come to find out he cut them by hand and moved them with a block and tackle, all the stuff he used is still there. I never had a problem there and most all the people were friendly and helpful.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Never been to south FL and never plan to. Myers was far enough for me. My wife has traveled extensively throughout FL and always speaks of how Dade reminded her a lot of Alexandria, VA where I was working when we met, where she grew up, her cousin is a police officer, and where her aunt still has one of her houses. Alexandria may have been nice at one time but sanctuary policies and the resultant influx of foreign elements have turned it into an extremely dangerous place with lots of no go zones, rampant violent crime, crazy rates of drunk drivers who are not only uninsured and unlicensed to drive, but have no ID at all (unless you count fake Matricular ID Cards from their respective consulates). But hey, there are plenty of Salvadorian, Moroccan, African, Peruvian, Haitian, etc., restaurants and as long as you can eat the great diverse food who cares right? Interesting aside - when I naively tried to comment on wiki about the sanctuary status of Alexandria and Fairfax along with the rampant yet unpublicized rise in violent crime and vehicular injuries, my facts (properly footnoted and verified per wiki guidelines) were deleted and I received an email stating my comments were not the image wiki wanted to portray.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A few years ago I was the secretary for what then the American Society of Safety Engineers and I got an email from a lawyer representing the Florida chambers of Commerce. Such people I suspect are mostly republicans. He wanted our chapter in Pensacola to back anti-gun legislation. Well as secretary I saw that it did not go anywhere with out chapter. The males on the board were against guns laws, but the women were all for it including at least one lady that wan a very active republican. What I see is that republicans in order to get votes often take a pro-gun stance, but many of them believe in ""responsible gun ownership and gun safety"" of the type being pushed by the anti-gunners.
    If such laws get passed tomorrow since I still have a few years left I will obey, but as I get older and have fewer years left to live that decision could change for sure.

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have no idea if the push for an AWB here in FL will pass or come close but it is scary. I'm beginning to wonder if FL needs to be divided into north and south due to huge differences in politics and demographics. I'm hoping that they shut that AWB shit down and quickly!!

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    some day I want to travel to Miami just to see what its like there. I've never been there.

In some areas you will wonder if your still in the USA. I would highly recommend brushing up on your Spanish before you go.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In some areas you will wonder if your still in the USA. I would highly recommend brushing up on your Spanish before you go.
    Florida was under spanish rule for centuries in the past and so the offspring of the conquistadores are now coming back. It is often said that the meek will inherit the earth. Do illegal migrants count as being the meek and once they get here they reproduce like mad. Maybe it is the baby producers that will inherit the earth.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    house bill 135 is really scary

This is a link to track this bill: https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2019/135
    Date Chamber Action
    12/21/2018 House • Filed
    1/9/2019 House • Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee

A bill to be entitled1An act relating to transfers of firearms; amending s. 2790.001, F.S.; providing a definition; creating s. 3790.0653, F.S.; requiring transfers of firearms to be 4conducted through a licensed dealer; requiring deposit 5of the firearm with the licensed dealer; requiring 6processing by the licensed dealer; providing for 7disposition of the firearm if the licensed dealer 8cannot legally complete the transaction; authorizing a 9fee; providing exceptions; providing criminal 10penalties for violations; requiring reports of 11violations by licensed dealers; providing an effective 12date.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is a link to track this bill: https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2019/135

A bill to be entitled1An act relating to transfers of firearms; amending s. 2790.001, F.S.; providing a definition; creating s. 3790.0653, F.S.; requiring transfers of firearms to be 4conducted through a licensed dealer; requiring deposit 5of the firearm with the licensed dealer; requiring 6processing by the licensed dealer; providing for 7disposition of the firearm if the licensed dealer 8cannot legally complete the transaction; authorizing a 9fee; providing exceptions; providing criminal 10penalties for violations; requiring reports of 11violations by licensed dealers; providing an effective 12date.

This law has provisions added that I never thought of
    (j) The temporary transfer of a firearm if such transfer 118is to prevent immediate or imminent death or great bodily harm 119to one's self or others, provided that the person to whom the 120firearm is transferred is not prohibited from possessing a 121firearm under state or federal law and the temporary transfer 122lastsno longer than necessary to prevent such immediate or 123imminent death or great bodily harm.
    So in an emergency you must first determine a person's criminal background prior to handing them a weapon for immediate self defense.

Top Bottom